MAFIA POINT SIX: A CLOCKWORK VOID

Voltex

Just remember what Matau said about going left.

What did he say?

e: Just waiting on one role to give me their choice, as well as two players (for the fork).

Just a note that the first scene won't be posted until Saturday, since I'm busy all of tomorrow evening.

Edited by Agnes Oblige

Just remember what Matau said about going left.

Yeah, and look what happened to Matau. He got kidnapped by Makuta and enslaved by the Bohrok.

I don't need his advice.

-MT

And before that he got turned into a Hordika.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

NIGHT THE FIRST – FORK IN THE ROAD

Deciding it would be best to decide where to proceed individually rather than as a group, you each chose a little section of the cavern for yourselves and sat in the pitch black to decide where you would go.

Manducus had just decided that he was going to try his luck with the flooded path to the right when he vaguely heard the whisper of “Nevermore”, and then – he heard no more.

Manducus – Medic, killed by Raven.

As the Raven admired his spectacularly timed kill, he felt one of the other Matoran brush against him – but relaxed when he realized that the Traitor was moving elsewhere.

Zakaro, like Manducus, had just decided to take the right path (he had, of course, always been a good swimmer) when he felt the knife pierce his cloak. However, he shook it off and turned around, punching the Traitor back into the darkness. Mourning the fact that he could not see his would-be killer’s face, Zakaro yanked the knife out of the plot armor that had protected him and tossed it aside.

At the other end of the cavern, Chro had decided to go left, feeling that more of the same would be the correct choice (after all, who knew what was in the water – maybe it was electric eels, or maybe electric wires, or maybe electric Toa). Looking forward to the day time, when he would be able to select the correct path with ease, Chro never heard the Cryo’s curse as he stood to his feet, causing the Cryo to miss in an attempt to bludgeon him to death.

He did, however, feel the icepick when the Cryo stabbed it right through his neck.

“I found this in the wreckage of a spaceship and thought I should deliver it to its rightful owner,” the Cryo whispered to him, before adding thoughtfully, “but it turned out that the owner perished in the crash, so I looked around and he left a note saying to deliver this to a ‘Chro’, and so now I have.”

Chro - Turaga, killed by Cryo.

Chro’s final thought was, I really hope they make it to one of those respawn points later.

The other eight members of the group met in the center of the cavern, having made their decisions, and Canis lit his flashlight again.

“So who’s going left with me?” he asked.

“I will,” said MT. “I have a good feeling about going left.”

“So shall I,” said Kayn. “Ehks, you know you want to!”

“No I don’t,” Ehks muttered.

“Yes you do.”

“Fine, I do,” Ehks sighed.

“I will join the lot of you!” Dapper announced, figuring that it meant more people to die before he did.

Blade, Lhikevikk and Zakaro all shared a glance with each other and shook their heads, turning away.

“Wait, where are you going?” MT asked.

“Don’t you remember what Matau said about going left?” Blade asked.

“Screw Matau, he got possessed by Krana,” MT said. “What if that water has electric eels?”

“Then I shall be having a delicious breakfast,” Lhikevikk replied.

“I am immune to electricity,” Zakaro said.

“Are you really?” Blade asked, as the three of them turned away.

Zakaro shrugged. “Not really.”

So the two groups split off – Canis, MT, Kayn, Ehks and Dapper going left to the tunnel that looked very similar, while Blade, Lhikevikk and Zakaro waded into the waist-high water tunnel. Blade, Lhikevikk and Zakaro had made it about three steps into the tunnel when they heard MT’s yell of surprise, and Ehks scream something about “ferocious skulls” before there was nothing but silence.

“...MT? Ehks?” Blade called back.

“I think they might all be dead,” Zakaro said. “Looks like we made the right choice!”

“Of course we did,” Lhikevikk said in a posh British accent. “I am here.”

Ehks – Inventor, eliminated by Man-Eating Skulls

MT – Raven, eliminated by Man-Eating Skulls

Canis – Detective, eliminated by Man-Eating Skulls

Dapper – Traitor, eliminated by Man-Eating Skulls

Kayn – Pyro, eliminated by Man-Eating Skulls

“Wait, where are Manducus and Chro?” Zakaro asked.

“They must have been slain by some of our now-deceased allies,” Lhikevikk said. “I expect we shall be able to revive them at the next respawn point... assuming we ever make it to the respawn point.”

“Well, let’s go, then,” Blade decided, wading further into the tunnel. “RG and Portal both died at the first fork we encountered and now we’ve lost Ehks, MT, Canis, Dapper and Kayn to the second – the chances of us managing to revive Voltex are looking pretty slim.”

The three of them waded in silence for several hours, until at last they reached a dead end. Blade ducked underwater briefly and discovered a tunnel – the three swam through it, nearly drowning themselves before they popped back up on the other side, this time in a brightly lit cavern with two paths directly in front of them.

The path on the left was brightly lit just like the cavern, and looked to be about ankle-deep in water.

The path on the right was also lit (but not as well as the left), and looked like it had recently been scorched by fire.

Blade, Zakaro and Lhikevikk, you have a decision to make! Which of your two companions will you accuse of being the Cryo?

Or perhaps you’ll band together and vote null, allowing all of you to survive to the second night, where the Cryo will still remain inactive?

Whatever decision you make with the lynching, you must also make a decision about this latest fork in the path! Where will you go?

Vote now!

I do not fear nor care about this 'Cyro' of which you speak. I null, no need to be killing anyone when there's not a reason to. We need all the survival abilities we can have here.

Let's see... The remaining roles are Rugged, Ghost, and Cyro. Medic and Turaga could be possibly revived, depending upon whether we get to the revival point at all.

Hm.. As for which direction to take.. Left continues with a water theme, which could be a trap, but recent scorching in the other tunnel is obviously a trap...

Almost too obviously of a trap...

I'll press my luck and go Right once more. Might as well get cooked to a nice over done rather than die to drowning, or eels, or sharks, or whatever waits in the water, if anything.

Might as well have flipped a coin.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Now you see why I wouldn't want to come with you, even if I had the chance to. The only reason I would go to Voltex would be to finish him off for good.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Ehks, you are going to die.

Even if you don't prevent my kill again, even if I'm not a combative role, you are going to die.

E: Sometime later, forgot about how bad decisions have made me deader-than-dead.

Edited by Dapper-Kun

Morally unambiguous.

Ehks, you are going to die.

Even if you don't prevent my kill again, even if I'm not a combative role, you are going to die.

E: Sometime later, forgot about how bad decisions have made me deader-than-dead.

:I

I'm dead already.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

You are going to die again. :evilgrin:

But Ehks is a Time Lord. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

DAY THE FIRST

"I don't care who it was that killed Chro," Blade said, "but honestly, there are only three of us left, and the Cryo can't do anything at the next fork, so why even bother killing them now?"

"I agree," Lhikevikk said. "So we're all nulling, then?"

"Sounds like it," Zakaro said, nodding and turning to the fork in the path. "So now... uh... any idea where we should go?"

"The path to the left looks like it continues our little water thing. Last time one of the paths looked similar, it killed half the group," Blade said. "I'm gonna place my bets on the scorched passage."

"So shall I," Lhikevikk said.

Zakaro sighed. "I guess I'll join you."

The three each took a deep breath and tentatively stepped into the tunnel with the scorched walls - they had just entered when the other tunnel shuddered, and electricity flashed from the walls within it. Had any of the Matoran gone to the left, they would have been fried instantly.

"Well..." Lhikevikk mumbled, trailing off. "I'd say that was a stroke of luck."

"Or a stroke of genius," Blade noted. "Let's go."

They moved on without incident, eventually reaching another cavern with two more forks. This time, the ghostly figure from before was waiting for them.

Due to the fact that no killing roles are active, Round 2 will be condensed, the figure mused, sounding curious. The Desolation must admire your tenacity... if you can survive this next choice, then, you shall reach a respawn chamber, and you will be able to revive both Chro and Manducus.

He faded away, and the three Matoran stepped forwards. This time, the path branched differently; rather than right and left, it went up and down.

The path going up was glowing in the distance, a soft orange, though from what they could not tell.

The path going down seemed to be hissing, and also glowed in the distance - more of a harsh white light, though again they could not tell what it was.

Which way shall you go? You have 2 days to decide (as if you really need 2 days).