• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Set Review: 70128 Braptor's Wing Striker

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 1,511 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2014 - 11:59 AM

It's not April anymore, but we've still got some Chima content to wrap up. Today BZPower Forum Assistant Sisen takes a look at 70128 Braptor's Wing Striker from the LEGO Legends of Chima line. Will this set make you go batty with enjoyment or will you run in terror from this fanged flyer? Read on to find out!

View the full article

#2 Offline farmstink buttlass

farmstink buttlass
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 01-August 08
  • 5,051 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2014 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for the review! This is one of the sets in this wave I really want to get. It's small, but effective, with great colors and parts and a couple of neat minifigures. Braptor is one of my favorite minifigures of this wave, and while Eris isn't anything new (and I would have preferred a bear.....) this is a variant of her I don't have yet. If I wasn't held up on getting a last few Chima sets from last year online, I probably would have picked this one up a while ago. Pretty neat set.

#3 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,811 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 04 2014 - 02:23 PM

I don't think the reuse of Eris in her new armor is bothersome, to be honest. Keep in mind that we probably wouldn't get nearly so many awesome Chima minifigures if there weren't an opportunity to reuse many of those minifigure decorations across multiple sets. And while I'm somewhat disappointed that new versions of Worriz and Razar did not make it into this wave, chances are that with the current budget, if Eris weren't in this set, another existing main character fig like the new Cragger would have appeared in her place, not a new fig like Worriz/Razar or a more minor character like Rinona.

This is a neat set, but I'm not personally interested in owning it. I don't plan to get deeply invested in collecting the Legends of Chima theme — just the few sets that most interest me, which this year are the Legend Beasts.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Offline I Am A Walrus

I Am A Walrus
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 09-April 10
  • 5,567 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 06 2014 - 05:50 PM

This set looks a lot better than I though it would. And the purple pieces are great too. The minifigs don't impress me as some of the others have, but that is just a nitpick.

Thanks for the review! 

What's up? I'm a Walrus now. B-)

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users