Element vs. Personality

A long time ago I took a test at my school that gave me INFJ, but after reading these, I'm Earth, but I go full Air sometimes.

• 1 month later...

Update: Just found this on the internet, made by Bricks of Awesome on Flickr.

14732003005_ae63239941_m.jpg

I can't say I agree with most of these, but it's an interesting alternative interpretation... thoughts?

Edited by Akavakaku
  • Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Funny Enough, I'm an ISTJ, so is my self MOC by coincidence.

Anyways, to the main point, pretty cool how your preferred element and personality type can combine, someone like Tahu definitely fits ESTJ. Great Work!

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

I originally thought I would be water, but surprisingly I came out as Lightning... this leaves me torn because I've always loved both elements a lot!

This is really cool, I'm amazed at how some of these match up (some of them I can't tell/seem iffy though because we haven't had any characters for a lot of elements) and how you took the time to match these up! This is sweet!

Edited by Banana Gunz

"ISFJs live in a world that is concrete and kind. They are truly warm and kind-hearted, and want to believe the best of people. They value harmony and cooperation, and are likely to be very sensitive to other people's feelings. People value the ISFJ for their consideration and awareness, and their ability to bring out the best in others by their firm desire to believe the best.

ISFJs have a rich inner world that is not usually obvious to observers. They constantly take in information about people and situations that is personally important to them, and store it away. This tremendous store of information is usually startlingly accurate, because the ISFJ has an exceptional memory about things that are important to their value systems.

I've always considered myself an Onu-Koronan (favorite MNOG village, favorite characters, I'm always at peace during cavern tours) and this basically describes me. So, um... bravo, I suppose. ^_^

- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

Fire: ESTJ

"ESTJs are take-charge people. They have such a clear vision of the way that things should be, that they naturally step into leadership roles. They are self-confident and aggressive. They are extremely talented at devising systems and plans for action, and at being able to see what steps need to be taken to complete a specific task. They can sometimes be very demanding and critical, because they have such strongly held beliefs, and are likely to express themselves without reserve if they feel someone isn't meeting their standards. But at least their expressions can be taken at face-value, because the ESTJ is extremely straight-forward and honest."

Me incarnate. Sort of.

Your description of INTJ or Gravity is creepily close to who i actually am, being an INTJ. It was like i was reading me as a person describe from an outside view.

However I can not say that I disagree with your assessment of Gravity being serious, however I also see where gravity could be associated with being down to earth.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Considering how I have to repeatedly take the Meyer-Briggs-who-ha-ha for various classes, I know I'm firmly INFP. I was guessing that I was the only one...

But hey, at least I know that I am firmly Light.

A shame I can't incorporate that into a self-moc or something without being written off as a noob or what-not.

This is really, really neat though, and it's quite wonderful to see someone do this! :D The psychology of the world of Bionicle (even if it is just grouping by personality types) is hardly ever touched on. Characters are always "insane" or "not-insane".

I wonder if greg is trying to tell us something here.

The first eight seem to work very well, so it makes a lot of sense. Maybe elements and personalities are kind of like how Mordin characterized most species in Mass Effect. There are outliers in all elements ("geniuses, idiots") but you can make a reasonable judgement about their abilities and personality by their elemental power. 

Excellent job. The rest of them are a bit of a stretch due to lack of canon confirmation, but they are a reasonable extrapolation.

I don't really put much stock into Myers-Briggs. It's a remarkably poor test based on outdated psychological models. Only by virtue of a massive marketing machine is it still used at all today.

But I suppose it still works well enough for categorizing archetypal characters in fiction, so props to you for putting the work in to apply it to Bionicle.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So I'd be Gravity or Psionics.....huh. Interesting.

Great work putting this together, it's pretty impressive! It's really interesting just how well these descriptions apply to some characters in BIONICLE.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Wow, I'm in the news! Anyway, whether or not MBTI is applicable or useful in real life I find it lots of fun to use on fictional characters, and the parallel sixteens of MBTI and Bionicle were too good to pass over.

On a related note, I've been thinking of making a 'which element are you' quiz that takes into account both personality and preferences/traits.

• Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

This was really quite insightful. I guess I'm plasma, based on your research. 

Wow, I'm in the news! Anyway, whether or not MBTI is applicable or useful in real life I find it lots of fun to use on fictional characters, and the parallel sixteens of MBTI and Bionicle were too good to pass over.

On a related note, I've been thinking of making a 'which element are you' quiz that takes into account both personality and preferences/traits.

A Bionicle personality quiz would be loads of fun, I think.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

i've heard all the criticisms of MBTI and i still think it makes a lot of sense

shrugs a lot

maybe i just like categorizing things

no matter; this is still a really neat and well-thought-out idea. props to you, akavakaku. also i have to say i'm enjoying the fact that my MBTI type (INTP) lines up perfectly with my favourite element.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't normally put much faith in the mbti, but I thought my result was a bit interesting:
tumblr_inline_neacplqXFV1rsrsuh.png

Which, if I'm reading right, correlates to iron: the element of my self-moc and OC, Rauta. Both the test and bzp descriptions are pretty close, too. I thought it was interesting how that worked out.

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

I've seen a few MBTI personality things done for a couple other fandoms I'm in, so I am happy to see someone doing this for Bionicle. And it seems pretty well matched from what I can tell! :D

Anyways, I am very pleased to see that my type (ENFJ) matches up perfectly with Water. I have always felt most connected to that despite also being in love with Light and Plant Life.

Wait a minute! INFPs and ISFPs are considered the "natural partners" of ENFJs!!! Maybe that's why I'm so smitten with Taka (and made a plant life Toa character I'm fond of years ago) and why he connects so well with Gali! :ohmy:

Okay, it's probably just a weird coincidence, but it does make you wonder! :P

• 5 months later...

Hmm. I thought I would either be Iron or Sonics. Both of those make sense to me. I'm not one to plan, and I'm a pretty technical person, so I do love me some problem solving. Also I'm a musician, I have very sensitive hearing, and I'm pitch perfect.

Then I took the test and got INTP, which is Sonics here. It's kinda weird that I could predict that. I guess I'm just really self-conscious?

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username.