Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

I noticed something today while at Walmart, and was wondering if anyone else had noticed-- TLR has been reissued with the old Lego Clutch Powers movie in a dual-pack. I hadn't thought much of it until getting back here and reading more of the posts.

Lego is listening. I am absolutely sure of that. Whether or not they are rebooting Bionicle, they are paying attention to both the Fans and the Focus Groups.

Here's to another thing to look forward to! [hopefully!]

-AZBlue

Actually, that bundle has been out for a while. I think I saw it in 2010-2011, some time around there. Surprised it's still on shelves though.
  • Upvote 2

new_sig_legacy_2.png

I noticed something today while at Walmart, and was wondering if anyone else had noticed-- TLR has been reissued with the old Lego Clutch Powers movie in a dual-pack. I hadn't thought much of it until getting back here and reading more of the posts.

Lego is listening. I am absolutely sure of that. Whether or not they are rebooting Bionicle, they are paying attention to both the Fans and the Focus Groups.

Here's to another thing to look forward to! [hopefully!]

-AZBlue

Actually, that bundle has been out for a while. I think I saw it in 2010-2011, some time around there. Surprised it's still on shelves though.

I think Warner Home Media and retailers are probably trying to use the hype surrounding The LEGO Movie to push whatever LEGO-related media they can manage to distribute. I doubt it has anything to do with BIONICLE's return specifically, just the fact that they have the rights to continue publishing the movie whenever they feel like they can make more money off of it.
  • Upvote 2

I'm keeping my hype levels low. Saving it all for when something if anything is announced.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

I'm keeping my hype levels low. Saving it all for when something if anything is announced.

Me too. I don't want to get my expectations too high only for them to be shattered if this rumor turns out to be false. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

From the way I see it, there are a few pieces of evidence that point to a high probability of Bionicle returning. 

Firstly, there was a post made on Greg F's page on this site a while back claiming that Bionicle would be coming back at some point. There was some contention as to whether or not this was a troll or prank from a hacker, but that was well over a year ago, and it hasn't been removed. 

Secondly, lego has said that there will be a new construction theme coming out next year (new as in not Hero Factory). 

Thirdly, Lego has also said they intend to revive some of their older and more popular themes, and since Bionicle ran for nearly ten years, it was definitely one of their most popular past themes. 

And then there are those famous leaked images, which don't seem to look like any existing sets. If the images are faked, someone had way too much time on their hands and needs to get a life.

So I could be wrong, but I'm hopeful that Bionicle may indeed be making a comeback.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

the day humans become a part of bionilce is the day i kill myself

[settle down - Makaru]

I wasnt seriose about killing myself. Im not actually going to commit suicide over a toy line. i was just saying that i would be mad if there were humans in bionicle. Sorry if you guys couldnt realize it was an agzaduration.

Lol bad spelling sry

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

the day humans become a part of bionilce is the day i kill myself

[settle down - Makaru]

I wasnt seriose about killing myself. Im not actually going to commit suicide over a toy line. i was just saying that i would be mad if there were humans in bionicle. Sorry if you guys couldnt realize it was an agzaduration.

Lol bad spelling sry

I am well aware it was an exaggeration. Everyone was aware. It was an offensive exaggeration.

Don't do it again.

• Upvote 11

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Id say about 70% likely its going to come back

On a related note, did you know that 69% statistics are made up on the spot?

Honestly, at this point, it's either going to come back in 2015 or it's not. There's not some guy sitting in his office flipping a coin to see if he should bring it back. That decision has already been made, we just don't know what that decision is yet. Or at least not solidly enough to be able to discuss it yet.

• Upvote 5

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I do no such rumor discussing. Its my awesome fanfic fantasy where this 'Tahu Master Fire' is fighting 'Lord of Skull Spiders'.

• Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Apparenty exoforce.ru leaked the Battle of Hoth set from 2013, if that adds to it's reliability in any way. Also, the article was removed. :D

(I've been following this forum for a while and this is my first post here, I'm not violating the leaks rule am I?)

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Hopefully, because HF is getting worse and worse. (Minifigs??? What on earth???) Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but if they mix HF and Bionicle into one toyline next year, I'm done.

Not sure how the minifigs are supposed to be a reason for Hero Factory becoming worse, personally I find them very original and a good move. And I seriously doubt they'd do the latter.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Hopefully, because HF is getting worse and worse. (Minifigs??? What on earth???) Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but if they mix HF and Bionicle into one toyline next year, I'm done.

Not sure how the minifigs are supposed to be a reason for Hero Factory becoming worse, personally I find them very original and a good move. And I seriously doubt they'd do the latter.-Gata signoff.png

Haha, I guess I'm just used to the previous HF sets, where each character was similar in construction and size to the Bionicle action figures. That's just me though lol.

Not sure how the minifigs are supposed to be a reason for Hero Factory becoming worse, personally I find them very original and a good move. And I seriously doubt they'd do the latter.-Gata signoff.png

Haha, I guess I'm just used to the previous HF sets, where each character was similar in construction and size to the Bionicle action figures. That's just me though lol.

In the end, it boils down to personal opinion, I just feel declaring the minifigures as some sort of evidence for a decline of HF is wrong.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

While I'm normally skeptical about such things, the "evidence" we've seen so far is extremely convincing, and pretty reliable. Not to mention the fact that a new construction theme for 2015 was already confirmed awhile ago, further increasing the chances of Bionicle's return.

If they ARE bringing Bionicle back, I wonder if it would be a continuation (set on Spherus Magna) or a Reboot?

The fact that they are starting with the Toa Mata and calling each of them "Masters" gives me a Reboot feeling.

It could still be a sequel, sort of. They could do a gigantic time skip that basically makes most of the original story irrelevant, while still being able to reference major events and keep major characters. That might be where we get the original Toa from. Heck, they might even give them amnesia again.

• Upvote 1

hamster.gif

Sprite Kit Archive

For all of your comic-making needs!

Doing a reboot wouldn't be the best idea seeing as how almost everybody would know what will happen

Transformers reboots their continuity on a regular basis. They have certain tropes, sure (The Optimus Prime character will probably die at some point, the Starscream character is a backstabbing ninny, etc.), but they can do enough to the new story that keeps it interesting and fresh to not only build a new fanbase but entertain the old one as well with the elements they grew up with and loved.

It doesn't come without its growing pains. When Transformers did their first BIG reboot, people HATED IT. TRUKK NOT MUNKY, etc. But it opened a franchise up to new and innovative ideas and allowed them to learn from old mistakes and break ground in a new territory.

The comparisons between Transformers and Bionicle is almost STAGGERING. The initial "generation" lasted about a decade before both fans and the creators grew tired of seeing the same characters do the same thing over and over again. Both relaunched a "successor" line building on the original that the original fans HATED (though I'm almost certain beast Wars got way more hate than Hero Factory ever could).

If Bionicle were to come back, change isn't just a better course of action. it should be inevitable. Going back to where it was left off is a recipe for disaster because it ended FOR A REASON. There's no shame in going back and trying again, so long as you attempt to get bast the mistakes that bogged you down in the first place.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 7

Spoiler Alert

The only way I'd be happy with a reboot, is if Matoro failed to use the Ignika in time and the events lead to The Kingdom. We could even have that half shadow Takanuva as a set again.

• Upvote 1

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

The only way I'd be happy with a reboot, is if Matoro failed to use the Ignika in time and the events lead to The Kingdom. We could even have that half shadow Takanuva as a set again.

Why The Kingdom? Side stories like that one made the main story way too convoluted. Besides that, the "mainstream" Bionicle audience isn't going to care about the story revisiting a serial that few people followed.

hamster.gif

Sprite Kit Archive

Why  The Kingdom? Because it's awesome, that's why.

Why would it make the main story convoluted if it WAS the main story...

Besides, one serial that explained how Takanuva got his weapon could have not made BIONICLE a convoluted story.

(Man, is it just me of is it that everytime a point comes up in this topic it is compared to Transformers...Not gonna hate though, TF is awesome.)

OK. Getting back on track, I think the story would be something like Legend of Korra is to The Last Airbender. A new story and concept but with enough returning characters and concepts to satisfy previous fans.

sig.jpg

I agree that, if Bionicle indeed comes back, change/simplification will be necessary. However, I favor the idea of a time skip over a reboot, at least until more information emerges (assuming, of course, that any info will emerge). Why? Because, as has been noted before, Bionicle is built on mystery. The ultimate mystery was that Mata Nui was actually a giant robot, and the Matoran and other beings were analogous to cells inside him—hence “biological chronicle.” So, a reboot would have two options: remove this element, and create a new mystery, or keep it, changing other elements, but destroying the overarching sense of mystery. I think the first option could be interesting…but would it really be Bionicle anymore? The core concept would be different. And the second option, while it could yield interesting results, is ultimately less desirable to me than having a new riddle to work out. A time skip could create a new mystery, and since it would (presumably) concern the former residents of the Mata Nui robot, the name “Bionicle” would still make some amount of sense.

• Upvote 3

I think storyline-wise they could easily pick up on Spherus Magna and introduce it as a new storyline. I mean, they started the original storyline with a bunch of amnesiacs wandering aimlessly around an island with no idea how they got there. 

They could start it with a nice little premise along the lines of "after journeying for many years, a group of heroes find themselves on a wondrous new world, but all is not as peaceful as it seems..." or something like that. I don't see a new to reboot or change the storyline when there were so many unresolved plot points left to be concluded; the Marendar, the Red Star, the Baterra, the Great Beings, Velika, The Shadowed One, the Elemental Lords... the list goes on. I don't see why they would want or need to come up with completely new material when there's so much stuff left over. 

• Upvote 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I believe that Greg said in the TTV interview that if BIONICLE came back, it would still have the same feel to it since most people who worked on BIONICLE still work for LEGO.

• Upvote 2

Why  The Kingdom? Because it's awesome, that's why.

Why would it make the main story convoluted if it WAS the main story...

Besides, one serial that explained how Takanuva got his weapon could have not made BIONICLE a convoluted story.

A side story about how a character got their weapon doesn't really contribute much overall to the story. It's just distracting since it's another thing to keep track of. All of the serials had the characters spread everywhere uncovering one insignificant mystery after another. It's the reason we have all of these unresolved plots from 2011. Honestly a character like Takanuva should've been given a bigger role in the story instead of relegating him to serials; he hardly did anything between 2003 and 2008.

I really don't think a new Bionicle story is going anywhere near those old plot points. While yes, it's a waste of 10 years of story in a way, Bionicle will only come back to attract a new generation. The people who remember the serials aren't the main focus anymore because many of them don't care about toys anymore. Taking the story somewhere like "The Kingdom" is going to leave new kids scratching their heads at whatever old references are made.

hamster.gif

Sprite Kit Archive

The only old reference would be when Takanuva bursts in and defeats Teridax with Matoro and that whats-his-name Toa of Light.

I think they could easily write the story so that Spherus Magna seems like a new beginning to new customers, with enough old references to keep the older fans satisfied. Hopefully Greg and the rest of the story team stays on board.

Wasn't GregF's account banned awhile back after getting hacked? Well, it looks as if it isn't banned anymore...am I just out of the loop and it got un-banned some time ago, or might this signify something?

Edited by John Smith

Doing a reboot wouldn't be the best idea seeing as how almost everybody would know what will happen

Transformers reboots their continuity on a regular basis. They have certain tropes, sure (The Optimus Prime character will probably die at some point, the Starscream character is a backstabbing ninny, etc.), but they can do enough to the new story that keeps it interesting and fresh to not only build a new fanbase but entertain the old one as well with the elements they grew up with and loved.

It doesn't come without its growing pains. When Transformers did their first BIG reboot, people HATED IT. TRUKK NOT MUNKY, etc. But it opened a franchise up to new and innovative ideas and allowed them to learn from old mistakes and break ground in a new territory.

The comparisons between Transformers and Bionicle is almost STAGGERING. The initial "generation" lasted about a decade before both fans and the creators grew tired of seeing the same characters do the same thing over and over again. Both relaunched a "successor" line building on the original that the original fans HATED (though I'm almost certain beast Wars got way more hate than Hero Factory ever could).

If Bionicle were to come back, change isn't just a better course of action. it should be inevitable. Going back to where it was left off is a recipe for disaster because it ended FOR A REASON. There's no shame in going back and trying again, so long as you attempt to get bast the mistakes that bogged you down in the first place.

The problem is, Transformers didn't have the same sort of main story engine like Bionicle had. All the Transformers reboots can take it different places because the main concept, robots that turn into vehicles (and even the battle between autobots and decepticons) is easily applied to multiple different situations and stories.

But with Bionicle, the main story engine was the secret of the giant robot. The nature of Mata Nui was a one trick horse that could only do its one trick once.They would need to radically alter the nature of the story to make a reboot work without the new audience being able to spoil it with a single google search.

• Upvote 1

But with Bionicle, the main story engine was the secret of the giant robot. The nature of Mata Nui was a one trick horse that could only do its one trick once.They would need to radically alter the nature of the story to make a reboot work without the new audience being able to spoil it with a single google search.

I am extremely disappointed in you if you think "Mata Nui IS the universe" is as central as "Transformers transform".

• Upvote 2

Spoiler Alert