Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

That is a good question.  Then again, maybe they want to keep it a secret as much as they would want to keep Bionicle's return a secret?

True. I guess there are many sensible reasons as to why they wouldn't reveal anything, but still... wouldn't we get a few leaks? Or am I just assuming too much?

Not necessarily. This is a bit early in the year for leaks. Those typically start to show up in August or September (though since leaks aren't supposed to come out at all, it's not as though they're on a fixed schedule).

I'm sure a lot more time is spent developing/reviving a line as opposed to continuing one. Therefore, work would probably start earlier. I could see leaks coming out earlier than August.

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

There should be a new Bionicle game for the ocular rift

*Oculus Rift

Meh, LEGO doesn't generally make those sorts of games. And since Bionicle isn't even officially returning as of yet, why would they develop a complex game based on a theme that's been over for four years?

-Rez

Ah yes, the new toy that every kid has. Oh. Wait.... That's not right.

That would be an awful move on lego's part. A general release video game would be much better, or something like MNOG.

If HF's patterns indicate anything, any future lines would be focused on online games and mobile games. Since outside of the Lego "insert theme here" games, I can't say there's been much. Though Chima had one, as well as Ninjago But the last console game bionicle got was in 2006 I believe.

Wow, you guys are posting like crazy. I made this post and now there are like four more.

Edited by ~Shockwave~
  • Upvote 1

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

What if Matoro was the main villain?

I would not enjoy that what so ever. It would make his memorable sacrifice pathetic. Please, just, no.

Would it make a difference if he couldn't help it?

Might as well say that Tahu is the main villain. That Golden Armor of his did absorb all the abilities of the killed Kraata.

All of 1 ability? I'm pretty sure there were only heat vision Rahkshi on Bara Magna. :P

But yeah, I agree. Why(and how) would Matoro be the villain?

Like when Mata Nui came back and then it was like lol noep Makuta. Like that but perhaps something from the depths of the ocean.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Maybe I misinterpreted this when I read it, but when Lego said they were bringing out a new Constraction theme next year, I took it to mean new as in not HF, not new as in a brand new theme. I could be wrong, but that's the way I took it. 

• Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I agree with NatoGreavesy on that point.  Also, who knows if whoever said that new how knew it was?

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Even though the release of a game for that system is very unlikely, I'd love to have one. An Oculus game for Bionicle's revival would truly make my day. Bring on the virtual reality for the Bionicle universe, everybody!

All of 1 ability? I'm pretty sure there were only heat vision Rahkshi on Bara Magna. :P

Even though we only saw Rahkshi of heat vision in set form that year, those of at least one other type were definitely fighting on Teridax's side in the Battle of Bara Magna. From the BS01 page on Rahkshi: "Rahkshi legions, enhanced with stronger armor by Teridax, were later summoned to the Southern Islands by Teridax, who planned to release them upon Bara Magna. A large number of Rahkshi of Heat Vision and Quick Healing were present in the assembled army, and Skakdi also joined their ranks." At the very least, there were a large number of Rahkshi of quick healing in the battle also; thus Tahu would have absorbed the powers of both heat vision and quick healing from the kraata that the golden armor incinerated.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Clearing something up from a page or so ago:

From what I've gathered from discussions with Kevin Hinkle and Binkmeister over the past few years is that BIONICLE was never on the "never-to-come-back list." Both said that there were no plans for it, but that the LEGO brass could change their minds. If the rumors are true, it's the latter scenario.

• Upvote 2

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

A while back, there was an announcement about a Hero Factory film in the works- if that's the case, Bionicle replacing HF would be a silly idea. Although, I suppose, HF could be a working title (designed to mislead), with the actual project being a Bionicle film to reboot the franchise... feature films seem to be the way to go these days...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

A while back, there was an announcement about a Hero Factory film in the works- if that's the case, Bionicle replacing HF would be a silly idea. Although, I suppose, HF could be a working title (designed to mislead), with the actual project being a Bionicle film to reboot the franchise... feature films seem to be the way to go these days...

Yes! That would be amazing! 

Also, you are right that a feature film could help rebuild the fanbase...

Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

The announcement was about negotiations of a film studio (can't remember which) with LEGO to make a Hero Factory feature film. Since we never got any news after the first announcement I guess the negotiations didn't get anywhere.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

A new film would be nice, but I think Lego would probably go for an episodic series instead, like they've been doing with some of their other themes. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

What if Matoro was the main villain?

I would not enjoy that what so ever. It would make his memorable sacrifice pathetic. Please, just, no.

Would it make a difference if he couldn't help it?

Might as well say that Tahu is the main villain. That Golden Armor of his did absorb all the abilities of the killed Kraata.

But yeah, I agree. Why(and how) would Matoro be the villain?

Only the Rahkshi of Heat Vision and Quick Healing are confirmed to have been there, but it's a good guess there were more kinds then that. Edited by Jakuura
  • Upvote 1

6 toa in a toa team

Bionicle 2015 would be the second half of the life of the theme

Half a toa team is 3

Half-life 3 is confirmed for 2015

Edited by BioSlayer
  • Upvote 1

My lego.com name is frodobaggins29, And I am bioslayer on eurobricks.
I am a Lego Brand Retail employee.

Presumably Tahu's Golden Armour killed all of the Rahkshi linked to Teridax, so he probably has all of the powers of all of the Rahkshi, regardless of where they were or weren't during the battle. If they were linked to Makuta, they got fried, and he got their abilities. 

Which makes me wonder, does Tahu actually still have his elemental power, or has it been replaced by Rahkshi powers? 

• Upvote 1

Presumably Tahu's Golden Armour killed all of the Rahkshi linked to Teridax, so he probably has all of the powers of all of the Rahkshi, regardless of where they were or weren't during the battle. If they were linked to Makuta, they got fried, and he got their abilities. 

Which makes me wonder, does Tahu actually still have his elemental power, or has it been replaced by Rahkshi powers? 

I think he has both.

• Upvote 1

...Why wouldn't he?

If Bionicle did return, do yall think the sets would have the HF style joints or the previous Bionicle joints (but less easily broken)?

HF style, for sure. The old Bionicle joints are notorious for breaking over time, and there's no chance Lego's going back to them.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

If Bionicle did return, do yall think the sets would have the HF style joints or the previous Bionicle joints (but less easily broken)?

Definitely the HF-style joints. We've already been assured by a part engineer for the LEGO Group that the building system is sticking around. And since I haven't heard of any major problems with the new joint design I figure that is here to stay as well.

Guys, don't get too excited even if the leaks are true. Even if all of this stuff is right, and lego has plans to rerelease Bio in 2015, that doesn't necessarily mean it will come back. Theme plans have been canceled before.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Guys, don't get too excited even if the leaks are true. Even if all of this stuff is right, and lego has plans to rerelease Bio in 2015, that doesn't necessarily mean it will come back. Theme plans have been canceled before.

Never on such short notice. If it does turn out it's supposed to come out in the first half of 2015, then chances are production is already underway, in which case the time for cancelling the theme entirely is long past.
  • Upvote 1

Never on such short notice. If it does turn out it's supposed to come out in the first half of 2015, then chances are production is already underway, in which case the time for cancelling the theme entirely is long past.

Oh.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I hope that the new line is Boneheads of Voodoo Island

Nah man, it's gotta be Bionic Recur Unit (see the Faber Files)

or Galidor *gets disowned by entire BZP community*

aaanyways, what if we get a new constraction theme alongside Bionicle's return? Personally I'd like a "mecha" theme, I'd hate to see the new IFB cockpits unused. Heck, bring Exo-Force back while you're at it! (They did say there would be an emphasis on older themes in 2015, right?)

It just so happens that I've built a CCBS version of the Stealth Hunter in LDD. HF parts lend themselves surprisingly well to mechs.

On topic again... I'm hoping for mask packs, or at least something along those lines. By the time I got into Bionicle, the collectibles were over, and they might actually be a good idea for Lego- it would give loads more customisation options. For example, if you needed a silver Kualsi for a Toa of Iron, where would you get one, other than a mask pack? I do think that this was discussed a few pages ago though.. Oh well!  :D

VBWj75sh.png

I hope that the new line is Boneheads of Voodoo Island

Nah man, it's gotta be Bionic Recur Unit (see the Faber Files)

or Galidor *gets disowned by entire BZP community*

aaanyways, what if we get a new constraction theme alongside Bionicle's return? Personally I'd like a "mecha" theme, I'd hate to see the new IFB cockpits unused. Heck, bring Exo-Force back while you're at it! (They did say there would be an emphasis on older themes in 2015, right?)

It just so happens that I've built a CCBS version of the Stealth Hunter in LDD. HF parts lend themselves surprisingly well to mechs.

On topic again... I'm hoping for mask packs, or at least something along those lines. By the time I got into Bionicle, the collectibles were over, and they might actually be a good idea for Lego- it would give loads more customisation options. For example, if you needed a silver Kualsi for a Toa of Iron, where would you get one, other than a mask pack? I do think that this was discussed a few pages ago though.. Oh well!  :D

With the amount of companies selling blind bags at the moment for various things, I think it would be great if lego did something similar along those lines!

I doubt that Lego would hire a comapny to produce cardboard stands to be put in toy stores if they had any plans of cancelling the theme.

100 posts yay

Edited by doodleloot

Hail Denmark

I think the biggest problem with mask packs is that they don't offer any play value on its own. The LEGO Group has had much more success with the collectible minifigures than they had with the mask packs, which makes sense. Each collectible minifigure blind package includes a minifigure with several points of articulation, which can be used on its own for role play or can supplement a larger collection.

If BIONICLE wanted to return to having collectible masks, I think they would have to be packaged with larger sets, not sold individually. However, this is not necessarily an impossible feat. I'm sure a Matoran-sized set with between 20 to 30 pieces could be sold at $5 the same way the Mixels are currently. Randomizing the masks in otherwise standardized sets might be a logistical hassle, but if you put out enough variety of sets at that price point it wouldn't even be necessary.

My brother blogged about this possibility here. His idea might be a touch too ambitious, though — he was suggesting three waves of ten sets each, the way the Mixels are sold in three waves of nine sets each, but Mixels are probably a special case since they're an entire theme and not just a subcategory of a theme the way Matoran-sized sets would be. So if BIONICLE were to release multiple series of Matoran-sized sets, the business model would probably be less like the Mixels and more like, say, the LEGO Friends animal packs or Ninjago booster packs, where each year offered just three waves of three sets each.

• Upvote 1

Even though we only saw Rahkshi of heat vision in set form that year, those of at least one other type were definitely fighting on Teridax's side in the Battle of Bara Magna. From the BS01 page on Rahkshi: "Rahkshi legions, enhanced with stronger armor by Teridax, were later summoned to the Southern Islands by Teridax, who planned to release them upon Bara Magna. A large number of Rahkshi of Heat Vision and Quick Healing were present in the assembled army, and Skakdi also joined their ranks." At the very least, there were a large number of Rahkshi of quick healing in the battle also; thus Tahu would have absorbed the powers of both heat vision and quick healing from the kraata that the golden armor incinerated.

Actually, there's two confirmations here: 1) that there were more than heat vision Rahkshi on Bara Magna, and 2) that Tahu now has the power of Quick Healing, which means that there were some Rahkshi of that type in the group. The first was in the Official Greg Quotes topic on BZPower, the second on the Lego Message Boards after Greg dialogue was relocated there. 

I read a rumour on the Lego forums somewhere that Lego had booked two slots at Comic Con, and that they might be using the extra slot to announce Bionicle's return. It certainly might be a way to get old and new fans interested, but it was mostly speculation, nothing concrete. 

I read a rumour on the Lego forums somewhere that Lego had booked two slots at Comic Con, and that they might be using the extra slot to announce Bionicle's return. It certainly might be a way to get old and new fans interested, but it was mostly speculation, nothing concrete.

We shouldn't rule out the possibility that the revival will be announced then; this year at the Comic-Con has definitely seen Lego announce many things. It's impossible to be sure, of course, but it would really be great if the announcement happened so soon. I'm not too familiar with the idea of booking "slots" at the Comic-Con; could you clarify what those are?

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

We shouldn't rule out the possibility that the revival will be announced then; this year at the Comic-Con has definitely seen Lego announce many things. It's impossible to be sure, of course, but it would really be great if the announcement happened so soon. I'm not too familiar with the idea of booking "slots" at the Comic-Con; could you clarify what those are?

I dunno, that's just what it said.