Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Wouldn't it be great if we finally got Shadow Toa Ahkmou? That'd be awesome.

I also want some Bo-, Vo-, Su- and Ba-Matoran to get sets (for the Ba-Matoran, mainly for their purple pieces - purple Miru, anyone?).

I'd actually prefer Ahkmou causing trouble as a Matoran.

• Upvote 1

Hail Denmark

So how reliable is the rumor that Bionicle returns?

That seriously depends on who you ask. Personally, I think that simply because there's so much circumstantial/leaked/questionable evidence out there, it's very likely for a return to be happening. Other posts I've read call the whole thing a massive fake, and others won't say either way until we get official word of some kind from the Lego Group. I hoped that helped answer you question, although I doubt it did. Sorry.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It's incredibly likely for the return to happen. It could even happen tomorrow, hopefully. There are so many bits of evidence, so many teases, I think it will be a matter of weeks before we get a confirmation from LEGO themselves.

Allow me to clarify:

I understand there's been quite a few apparent leaks and other 'hints' now, and I understand that the more that show up, the less likely it being fake becomes.

But remember also that this is about as titanic a rumor as could come for the fandom.  Even putting aside the fact that that ups the 'reward' for anyone looking to mess with the fandom - and thus means more effort might go into a possible fake - it also means that it's easy to let hopes color one's perception on this stuff.  When you come at things with a mindset of "Bionicle is probably coming back", it can be easy to ascribe more value to them than might be warranted.  (This happens with just about anything, not just Bionicle, of course, and I've sure been guilty of it a few times myself.)

More importantly, though - it's precisely because this is such a huge rumor that it's important not to jump the gun.  I don't mind people saying "it looks likely it's coming back", or speculating on what they'd like to see - that's what this whole topic is! - but saying "it's confirmed for 2015, get hype get hype get hype" is still premature, much as we'd like it not to be.  If the rumors are true, fine; but if they're fake, there's going to be a lot of disappointed and maybe even angry people, and a lot of intra-fandom finger-pointing.  All I'm saying is to not let the hype get the better of you, and to remember nothing's set in stone until LEGO says so.

Not to mention that if this is a hoax, the people involved potentially had like four years to work on it and make it ridiculously convincing :P Always go with the benefit of the doubt. Nothing is "confirmed" unless it is confirmed by official sources.

If there has been a secret, multi-year project being undertaken by multiple members of the fan community to generate a hoax like this, then the people involved definitely win the trophy for "Best BIONICLE fans". Doesn't matter whether they've chosen to express their love of BIONICLE by duping other fans. The fact of the matter is that they would have shown greater commitment and resolve than members of pretty much ANY other fan community project aimed at continuing BIONICLE's legacy — and done a better job engaging the rest of the community to boot. Better than Solis Magna, better than B:TNG, etc.
  • Upvote 10

Okay I have seen the color picture of the Bionicle Set and I really don't like the look of Lewa, Pohatu and Gali, they don't even look like there original Mata look at all but Tahu, Kopaka and Onua mostly do, but Kopaka look like a mix of His Nuva look and Takanuva. Also Poatu color looks really bad, it look like he have too many colors.

I'd have to agree with you on Kopaka; I personally am not a fan of the gold on him. I would have preferred the type of color system used with the Ninjago ZX figures: Cole and Jay (black and blue) had silver armor, and Zane, Kai, and Lloyd (red, white, and green). Edited by Jakura Nuva

Allow me to clarify:

I understand there's been quite a few apparent leaks and other 'hints' now, and I understand that the more that show up, the less likely it being fake becomes.

But remember also that this is about as titanic a rumor as could come for the fandom.  Even putting aside the fact that that ups the 'reward' for anyone looking to mess with the fandom - and thus means more effort might go into a possible fake - it also means that it's easy to let hopes color one's perception on this stuff.  When you come at things with a mindset of "Bionicle is probably coming back", it can be easy to ascribe more value to them than might be warranted.  (This happens with just about anything, not just Bionicle, of course, and I've sure been guilty of it a few times myself.)

More importantly, though - it's precisely because this is such a huge rumor that it's important not to jump the gun.  I don't mind people saying "it looks likely it's coming back", or speculating on what they'd like to see - that's what this whole topic is! - but saying "it's confirmed for 2015, get hype get hype get hype" is still premature, much as we'd like it not to be.  If the rumors are true, fine; but if they're fake, there's going to be a lot of disappointed and maybe even angry people, and a lot of intra-fandom finger-pointing.  All I'm saying is to not let the hype get the better of you, and to remember nothing's set in stone until LEGO says so.

Not to mention that if this is a hoax, the people involved potentially had like four years to work on it and make it ridiculously convincing :P Always go with the benefit of the doubt. Nothing is "confirmed" unless it is confirmed by official sources.

If there has been a secret, multi-year project being undertaken by multiple members of the fan community to generate a hoax like this, then the people involved definitely win the trophy for "Best BIONICLE fans". Doesn't matter whether they've chosen to express their love of BIONICLE by duping other fans. The fact of the matter is that they would have shown greater commitment and resolve than members of pretty much ANY other fan community project aimed at continuing BIONICLE's legacy — and done a better job engaging the rest of the community to boot. Better than Solis Magna, better than B:TNG, etc.

As the founder of Solis Magna, I completely agree with you. :P If this is a hoax, which I sincerely doubt, it is a wonderful hoax. It has really injected some life into the community, and I haven't seen such a vibrant BZP topic in years. I'm 100% convinced its real, but even if by some extraordinary chance it is a hoax, I will appreciate it all the same. 

• Upvote 5
Bliss.png

I would have preferred the type of color system used with the Ninjago ZX figures: Zane and Jay (white and blue) had silver armor, and Cole, Kai, and Lloyd (red, black, and green) had gold armor.

Actually, Zane ZX and Kai ZX had gold armor, while Jay ZX and Cole ZX had silver armor. The same is true of the badges, headgear, and buckles on their 2013 costumes, and the shoulder armor they wore with those costumes in the TV episodes. Lloyd ZX also had Titanium Metallic (gunmetal) armor, but that's changed a couple times (the version in the Character Encyclopedia had gold armor, as did the Golden Ninja version and the version in Overborg Attack, but the new version in Battle for Ninjago City has silver armor).

EDIT: Here's a picture on Flickr showing the four original Ninja in most of their costumes.

Edited by Aanchir

I would have preferred the type of color system used with the Ninjago ZX figures: Zane and Jay (white and blue) had silver armor, and Cole, Kai, and Lloyd (red, black, and green) had gold armor.

Actually, Zane ZX and Kai ZX had gold armor, while Jay ZX and Cole ZX had silver armor. The same is true of the badges, headgear, and buckles on their 2013 costumes, and the shoulder armor they wore with those costumes in the TV episodes. Lloyd ZX also had Titanium Metallic (gunmetal) armor, but that's changed a couple times (the version in the Character Encyclopedia had gold armor, as did the Golden Ninja version and the version in Overborg Attack, but the new version in Battle for Ninjago City has silver armor).
Dang it, I knew I'd probably get them mixed up! Well, still, I prefer those Ninjago color schemes.

Previous post now edited.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

Allow me to clarify:

Actually, assuming that the leaks thus far have been hoaxes, I'd say that it does matter that they've chosen to use their skills to lie to Bionicle fans. Neither the BNG team nor the SolisMagna.com team has lied to fans. Neither has tried to pass of faked images of MOCs as new sets. Creating fake images and passing them off as real is morally awful; it would be a massive insult to the rest of the fan community if they had done so. Not only that, but the method of faking them that seems to indicate that they're from Lego is a surefire way of generating plenty of excitement in the community. A fan project that can duplicate enough of Lego's symbols and format on their purported "leaked images" allows for a huge amount of undeserved hype to be created. I'm sure that the BNG team would have been able to trick a sizable chunk of the fandom into thinking that Lego was planning to revive Bionicle if they wanted to; they definitely had the 3D modeling and graphic design skills to do so. The avoided doing that because it would be a lie. An outright lie, and one of the worst that anyone could tell to the fandom.

{Ends long and serious incriminating statement which may or may not actually apply.}

So how reliable is the rumor that Bionicle returns?

Personally, I'd suggest that you go out and look at the evidence in order to decide for yourself, as anyone else's opinion on the issue could have at least a bit of their own personal biases included.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 3

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Allow me to clarify:

Actually, assuming that the leaks thus far have been hoaxes, I'd say that it does matter that they've chosen to use their skills to lie to Bionicle fans. Neither the BNG team nor the SolisMagna.com team has lied to fans. Neither has tried to pass of faked images of MOCs as new sets. Creating fake images and passing them off as real is morally awful; it would be a massive insult to the rest of the fan community if they had done so. Not only that, but the method of faking them that seems to indicate that they're from Lego is a surefire way of generating plenty of excitement in the community. A fan project that can duplicate enough of Lego's symbols and format on their purported "leaked images" allows for a huge amount of undeserved hype to be created. I'm sure that the BNG team would have been able to trick a sizable chunk of the fandom into thinking that Lego was planning to revive Bionicle if they wanted to; they definitely had the 3D modeling and graphic design skills to do so. The avoided doing that because it would be a lie. An outright lie, and one of the worst that anyone could tell to the fandom.

I for one disagree. I can appreciate and respect a good-natured joke, even if it turns out the joke is on me. And as a member of the fan community myself, I wouldn't find it the least bit insulting — if some prankster did such a good job fooling me, why would there be any shame in being fooled?

If you have that much faith in the BNG team I suppose that's good. I, for one, don't. It was great seeing them put together such a wide variety of CGI renders, but I never saw anything that looked nearly so convincing or "finished" from them, nor did I see them go to such great lengths to promote their work. I do not think this is the fault of the skill levels of the people involved, of course — rather, I think they were just a bit disorganized. And that's the thing about whoever created these rumors (whether it was the LEGO Group, which is now pretty much certain to be the case, or a group of pranksters). They're very organized. Everything we've seen from them fits neatly into place.

If this were a "hee hee, BIONICLE fans are stupid" thing, I agree it would be an insult. But fooling stupid people doesn't take nearly this level of organization, creativity, or raw effort, and any decent troll or prankster would know that.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 5

I never saw anything that looked nearly so convincing or "finished" from them, nor did I see them go to such great lengths to promote their work.

...because we weren't ready to show anything. Yes we were disorganised, but we were a fan project and ultimately had no obligation to anyone to be doing any of that work, so it was (and to a degree still is) erksome that some people got annoyed with us for the speed we were producing content at. If we'd succeeded, then people would have something to celebrate and enjoy. If we failed, as we did, then surely no harm done and the community has lost nothing? But some people didn't see it that way.

Anyway, I agree with Aanchir to an extent; if they're that good a trickster, then there's no shame in being tricked. If this is a hoax it's a very good, very well-planned one. I do think, though, that it is also a little cruel to get people's hopes up like this. So basically, I'm torn.

• Upvote 1

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

Are you trying to tell us that the real treasure of the "return of Bionicle" is not new sets, but friendship and unity? :P

• Upvote 7

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Yeah, we've been trying to stay on top of stuff as best we can. We're holding out hope for some kind of reveal tomorrow, but knowing our luck, it'll probably be Minecraft. :/

(still those sets are gonna be great so hey)

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

As a frequent watcher of TTV's videos I have to say they've been keeping me updated on what's been going on with this "rumour" (which has become more of an unconfirmed conformation) and I have genuinely enjoyed listening to their speculation.

There's no reason the Minecraft box would be unnamed, since they already revealed it as a line. So let's just hope it is the moment we've all been waiting for.

• Upvote 1

Looks like it's the UCS Tumbler. A little bit of a disappointment, since we already knew it was coming. Maybe Lego will announce some other things on Sunday.

EDIT: Also, apparently Asger Johansen put Hero Factory under past projects. This tells us that Bionicle could be coming in a winter wave, since it's likely that Hero Factory's final wave is IFB. http://dk.linkedin.com/pub/asger-johansen/4/4b3/555

Edited by Zenerius
  • Upvote 2

So why did they make a set they had already announced such a mystery...?

Its a UCS set, and it has strong relation to Comic-Con, being a DC set.

Wait, the UCS Tumbler has been confirmed as the mystery box?

Yep. Watch TTV's video.

I never saw anything that looked nearly so convincing or "finished" from them, nor did I see them go to such great lengths to promote their work.

...because we weren't ready to show anything. Yes we were disorganised, but we were a fan project and ultimately had no obligation to anyone to be doing any of that work, so it was (and to a degree still is) erksome that some people got annoyed with us for the speed we were producing content at. If we'd succeeded, then people would have something to celebrate and enjoy. If we failed, as we did, then surely no harm done and the community has lost nothing? But some people didn't see it that way.

Anyway, I agree with Aanchir to an extent; if they're that good a trickster, then there's no shame in being tricked. If this is a hoax it's a very good, very well-planned one. I do think, though, that it is also a little cruel to get people's hopes up like this. So basically, I'm torn.

I don't believe BNG's Lighting department would be capable of producing such images people are thinking of.

• Upvote 2

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Okay, I guess all we can do now is wait. With the sheer amount of leaks and such, I'm ready to jump aboard the hype train, but it's kind of difficult to discuss anything because of the leaks policy. All we can do is wait for some kind of official statement from Lego. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hey guys I found a picture of the 2015 Onua, It look a lot like the one from the small picture of him  :D

Very funny. Just in case anyone takes your picture too seriously, it looks very different from the picture of Onua on the photograph of the display stand that was leaked yesterday. On the display stand, he has gold shins, purple thighs, a black Hulk chestplate, gold and black upper arms, purple forearms, a head connection which involves a narrower section of raised upper back than that of Gorzan, similar to the head connection on the Cragger ultrabuild set from 2013, blue eyes, and a black staff with a silver head. Excepting the Hulk chestplate and some vague similarities in the raised upper back, he doesn't look very similar to last year's Gorzan ultrabuild set to me. As Aanchir said earlier, the creators of these leaks should be working for Lego if they aren't already doing so. At the moment, myself and several others are in agreement that there will probably be a revival of Bionicle next year.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Found more along with the band :D  I'm evil

Whoa! The other photographs are so much more convincing than the first one of Onua! I'm so excited for these sets!

Nope.

This is the alleged picture. It was first found in black and white, then in color. Something about it makes me think this is for real.

Hey Dane, and welcome to BZPower! Most of us have already seen that picture, which has been all over the internet for the past day or so. In fact, an speculation video on the picture by the thethreevirtues was linked to in this topic yesterday. although said link has since been removed. Posting or discussing any leaked media from Lego is disallowed here on BZPower, though you're fine this time around as you're new here. If you have any more questions about the rules around leaked media from Lego, you can take a look at our Leaked Content Policy.

Edited by -Windrider-

AAZZ.jpg

Whoa! The other photographs are so much more convincing than the first one of Onua! I'm so excited for these sets!

Nope.

Hey I work my blood, sweat and tears to find these picture. I almost got killed to just send these picture and didn't made it up as a joke  :crying:

Dat Pohatu.

I know right, he is s000000 0riginal, 101% :D

Edited by ShadowWolfHount
  • Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Wow... Just wow. I knew someone would start circulating fake images sooner or later, but they could have at least tried a little harder. But if you compare those obvious fakes to the images that have been leaked so far, it's pretty apparent that if these leaks are fake someone put way too much effort into it. Hence why I stand by my statement that the original leaked images are legit, and that Bionicle will indeed be making a return at long last.

No dude, those are not fake, they are real as gold, just look at the mask, they look a lot better then the Gali, Pohatu and Lewa mask because those was fake and don't even look like the original, I think you had too much "Nachos"  :D

• Upvote 4

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube