Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Comic-con was today. Any news?

Lego has six display cases (The Hobbit, The Lego Movie, Super Heroes, Mixels and Star Wars) of wich the last one hasn't been revealed yet. As far as I know Lego's conference is on sunday, so I guess we'll find out more in a few days.

Hmmm. Interesting why they'd want to keep one secret...Quite obviously it'd be a new theme...could it be?

I'm going to laugh when it's not Bionicle and this thread dies  :lol-sign:

JK

If you think that a lack of a Comic-Con reveal would kill these rumors (true or not) you're way off base. The fact is, that we have seen LOTS of evidence. Until the evidence we've seen gets debunked, or a different new constraction theme arrives without a smidgen of further evidence for BIONICLE, the hype isn't going to die.

A Comic-Con reveal is possible, but not all that likely. However, that would not say anything about the possibility of the rumors being true. It's not like we were promised a Comic-Con reveal for the new constraction theme anyway. The theme revealed at Comic-Con could very easily just be Minecraft, since we're getting a full series of minifigure-scale sets that have not yet been formally announced.

Edited by Aanchir

I've had a thought about what a good type of plotline the new Bionicle should have-

On Cartoon Network, there's an animated show called Adventure Time. On the surface, it's very random and, well, just plain silly. But underlying all of that, there are bigger clues to the state of the world which have an almost scary feel to them. First of, there is The Lich, an undead sorcerer who wants to kill everyone. There are also hints as to the fact that the Land of Ooo is really post-apocalyptic Earth, where almost every human has been wiped out in a catastrophic nuclear war, known only as the Great Mushroom War. This is kind of feel that I want Bionicle 2.0 to have: light-hearted(ish)on the surface, but deadly serious when it gets down to business.

Well, I don't know... despite AT's obvious popularity and how much I enjoy it, I'm not sure I can see Bionicle as a show like that. It's just... too silly.

Comic-con was today. Any news?

Lego has six display cases (The Hobbit, The Lego Movie, Super Heroes, Mixels and Star Wars) of wich the last one hasn't been revealed yet. As far as I know Lego's conference is on sunday, so I guess we'll find out more in a few days.

Hmmm. Interesting why they'd want to keep one secret...Quite obviously it'd be a new theme...could it be?

I'm going to laugh when it's not Bionicle and this thread dies  :lol-sign:

JK

If you think that a lack of a Comic-Con reveal would kill these rumors (true or not) you're way off base. The fact is, that we have seen LOTS of evidence. Until the evidence we've seen gets debunked, or a different new constraction theme arrives without a smidgen of further evidence for BIONICLE, the hype isn't going to die.

A Comic-Con reveal is possible, but not all that likely. However, that would not say anything about the possibility of the rumors being true. It's not like we were promised a Comic-Con reveal for the new constraction theme anyway.

Uh, yeah, I know...

Hence the "JK" I put after I said that.

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 1

I would like a prequel BIONICLE line, focusing on other Islands of the MU. You know, there's a lot of plot before Metru Nui, like Lesovikk's team, the Toa Hagah, etc. We could even be presented to a Island full of Elemental-rare matoran, like Jungle and Gravity, and of course had that mystery feel like 2001-2003.

The problem with a lot of those "other islands" is that there probably wasn't a lot going on there that was all that pertinent to the main, overarching story. The Mata Nui robot was "the big story engine", and so the story focused on the places that were relevant to restoring him: his face (Mata Nui), his brain (Metru Nui), and his heart (Voya Nui/Karda Nui). I doubt there was a whole lot going on in his legs or arms that was helping towards reviving him. At best, Toa and Matoran in those regions might have been working on some form of cosmic damage control or cleanup after the huge earthquake that was the Great Cataclysm left so much of the Matoran Universe broken.

There's like +100,000 years of MU. They can always create something. It still has a lot of potential.

I've had a thought about what a good type of plotline the new Bionicle should have-

On Cartoon Network, there's an animated show called Adventure Time. On the surface, it's very random and, well, just plain silly. But underlying all of that, there are bigger clues to the state of the world which have an almost scary feel to them. First of, there is The Lich, an undead sorcerer who wants to kill everyone. There are also hints as to the fact that the Land of Ooo is really post-apocalyptic Earth, where almost every human has been wiped out in a catastrophic nuclear war, known only as the Great Mushroom War. This is kind of feel that I want Bionicle 2.0 to have: light-hearted(ish)on the surface, but deadly serious when it gets down to business.

I think that would be a great way to go, at least borrowing some aspects. Some episodes are just completely bizarre, but some, like you said, have that "scary" feel.

Interestingly, Move Along is one of the few Bionicle songs I cannot stand to listen to.  I just do not like it.  On the other hand, If Bionicle returned, I'd like to see some songs and online games like the Mahri games.  (I've downloaded pretty much every Bionicle game available)  And I would like to see a movie or a TV show.  If you ask me, Bionicle needed a TV Show, and I once made a script for a Matoran TV Show.  (only finished one episode)

I'm actually listening to it right now.  :D

Edited by JTH Studios

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

I just realized two of my posts in this thread have discussed a story I wrote/have written.  Mark of a true author, I guess.

I hope the them unveiled at comic-con is Minecraft, but Bionicle comes back anyway.  I'm not sure why, but I like the suspense, and I also want to see official minifig-scale Minecraft (And Minecraft comics, perhaps?)  Also, I retract my earlier statement about Bionicle's return in 2016 -- I thought a bit, and it now seems like it will return in the latter half of 2015 at the latest if it returns.

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Just to clarify, the comic con thing was some speculation I read on the Lego.com forum. It isn't even an actual rumour, it was someone else's suggestion, so please take it with an Everest of salt. It'd be great if Bionicle was revealed at Comic Con, but there's been no evidence to suggest that this will be the case. 

That said, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I'm pretty sure if it's anything, the MYSTERY BOX will be the new Minecraft line.

It's actually Galidor 2.0.

Is that confirmed, or just an idea?

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I'm pretty sure if it's anything, the MYSTERY BOX will be the new Minecraft line.

It's actually Galidor 2.0.

Is that confirmed, or just an idea?

He's joking. The chances of Galidor getting new sets are about as good as those of Nirvana going on tour again.

• Upvote 3

I never knew there were Galidor sets until after the line was discontinued, but I absolutely loved the TV show. I now have the sudden urge to rewatch it.

I want to watch it again sometime as well. I only ever saw a few episodes of it, and there's no telling whether they're anywhere near as good as I remember them, but I think it was a story that had some potential.

Still, as fishers64 says, there's no chance of it coming back. It is not a "cult classic" or anything like that. It was never popular or successful to begin with, and so no TV network, film studio, or toy company is going to think seriously about bringing it back. Fabuland probably has a better chance of coming back — at least it has a cult following among AFOLs, and was not such a catastrophic failure that it had to be cancelled after just one year.

Edited by Aanchir

This is the same thought that I'm having. As far as I'm aware we haven't seen any pictures of the new Minecraft line yet, and Comic Con would be a great place to reveal them.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

<_<  I've never played Minecraft, and as good as I'm sure it is, I don't have the time to get into it right now. Personally, I'd rather it not be what's in the Mystery Box, though it does seem likely. When does the Mystery Box get revealed?

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

<_<  I've never played Minecraft, and as good as I'm sure it is, I don't have the time to get into it right now. Personally, I'd rather it not be what's in the Mystery Box, though it does seem likely. When does the Mystery Box get revealed?

I would guess Sunday (the day of most of Lego's panels) although it's possible it might be revealed earlier.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

One thing I just realized, though... the way things have been going with the HF and Chima constraction lines, we probably won't be getting Bionicle figures in canisters anymore :'(

I agree, but I'm not bothered by it. Canisters were good for their time, but today they seem wasteful (both in terms of the space they take up, the cost they add to a set, and their impact on the environment). I hope for the pouches to stick around, and/or maybe some type of creative cardboard box design like what we saw for the Legends of Chima Speedorz sets this year.

One thing I just realized, though... the way things have been going with the HF and Chima constraction lines, we probably won't be getting Bionicle figures in canisters anymore :'(

I agree, but I'm not bothered by it. Canisters were good for their time, but today they seem wasteful (both in terms of the space they take up, the cost they add to a set, and their impact on the environment). I hope for the pouches to stick around, and/or maybe some type of creative cardboard box design like what we saw for the Legends of Chima Speedorz sets this year.

You're right about them taking up space, but the canisters were always a large part of a Bionicle set. They often had a level of playability themselves, and it was fun as a kid pretending they were rocket ships or something. But yeah, getting the Speedorz box style would be cool.

I think we should probably try to keep this discussion off of the forums for right now? I'm pretty sure it's still leaked, even with full color and no watermarks, and we don't want this site to get in trouble. In any case, we now know it's only a matter of time before we get official (non-leaked) confirmation, so let's be a bit patient.

• Upvote 6

Mak and Wind aren't around right now, so I'll put on the shiny blue text:

Discussion of possible leaked images is not allowed.  See the Leaked Content Policy.

I'd also recommend that everyone bear in mind that the 'possible' there isn't just for show - no matter how convincing they may seem, there's still a very real chance they are faked, and running around yelling "Bionicle 2015 confirmed" is premature.

• Upvote 4

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Mak and Wind aren't around right now, so I'll put on the shiny blue text:

Discussion of possible leaked images is not allowed.  See the Leaked Content Policy.

I'd also recommend that everyone bear in mind that the 'possible' there isn't just for show - no matter how convincing they may seem, there's still a very real chance they are faked, and running around yelling "Bionicle 2015 confirmed" is premature.

It's not actually a very real chance at this point. If somebody can generate a hoax this convincing, with this much participation from normally reliable sources, then if they're not already working for the LEGO Group, they should be. But you're right that our hands are tied right now as far as discussion goes.
  • Upvote 8

Allow me to clarify:

I understand there's been quite a few apparent leaks and other 'hints' now, and I understand that the more that show up, the less likely it being fake becomes.

But remember also that this is about as titanic a rumor as could come for the fandom.  Even putting aside the fact that that ups the 'reward' for anyone looking to mess with the fandom - and thus means more effort might go into a possible fake - it also means that it's easy to let hopes color one's perception on this stuff.  When you come at things with a mindset of "Bionicle is probably coming back", it can be easy to ascribe more value to them than might be warranted.  (This happens with just about anything, not just Bionicle, of course, and I've sure been guilty of it a few times myself.)

More importantly, though - it's precisely because this is such a huge rumor that it's important not to jump the gun.  I don't mind people saying "it looks likely it's coming back", or speculating on what they'd like to see - that's what this whole topic is! - but saying "it's confirmed for 2015, get hype get hype get hype" is still premature, much as we'd like it not to be.  If the rumors are true, fine; but if they're fake, there's going to be a lot of disappointed and maybe even angry people, and a lot of intra-fandom finger-pointing.  All I'm saying is to not let the hype get the better of you, and to remember nothing's set in stone until LEGO says so.

Edited by GSR
  • Upvote 7

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Allow me to clarify:

I understand there's been quite a few apparent leaks and other 'hints' now, and I understand that the more that show up, the less likely it being fake becomes.

But remember also that this is about as titanic a rumor as could come for the fandom.  Even putting aside the fact that that ups the 'reward' for anyone looking to mess with the fandom - and thus means more effort might go into a possible fake - it also means that it's easy to let hopes color one's perception on this stuff.  When you come at things with a mindset of "Bionicle is probably coming back", it can be easy to ascribe more value to them than might be warranted.  (This happens with just about anything, not just Bionicle, of course, and I've sure been guilty of it a few times myself.)

More importantly, though - it's precisely because this is such a huge rumor that it's important not to jump the gun.  I don't mind people saying "it looks likely it's coming back", or speculating on what they'd like to see - that's what this whole topic is! - but saying "it's confirmed for 2015, get hype get hype get hype" is still premature, much as we'd like it not to be.  If the rumors are true, fine; but if they're fake, there's going to be a lot of disappointed and maybe even angry people, and a lot of intra-fandom finger-pointing.  All I'm saying is to not let the hype get the better of you, and to remember nothing's set in stone until LEGO says so.

Not to mention that if this is a hoax, the people involved potentially had like four years to work on it and make it ridiculously convincing :P Always go with the benefit of the doubt. Nothing is "confirmed" unless it is confirmed by official sources. 

• Upvote 2

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

If this is true, it's hardly a pro business move. The "evidence" makes it look like a direct continuation with no time break, which is something Greg said wouldn't happen. If there's a contradiction, somebody's lying (or mistaken). I'm still not convinced: this doesn't add up. 

What makes you think that it's a direct continuation? I can see how it appears to be a continuation of the old story, but I think there is enough time between the two to make the old story pretty much meaningless.

• Upvote 2

Hail Denmark

If this is true, it's hardly a pro business move. The "evidence" makes it look like a direct continuation with no time break, which is something Greg said wouldn't happen. If there's a contradiction, somebody's lying (or mistaken). I'm still not convinced: this doesn't add up. 

What makes you think that it's a direct continuation? I can see how it appears to be a continuation of the old story, but I think there is enough time between the two to make the old story pretty much meaningless.

The Toa Mata are still Toa, and it looks like the Mask of Life (with Mata Nui in it) are still directly involved. That's exactly where Journey's End ended. 

The Toa Mata are still Toa, and it looks like the Mask of Life (with Mata Nui in it) are still directly involved. That's exactly where Journey's End ended. 

There is nothing that says Toa Mata would have to be Turaga in a far future setting, even if it might make sense. If the rumors are to be true, I think the Toa Mata reappearing as the main Toa team is evidence towards a reboot, rather than a direct continuation.

Edited by XONAR
Bliss.png

In Bionicle it was usually the story which followed the sets, not the other way around. Just 'cause the story that you think the images you saw represent doesn't match up with what a writer said sometime in the last couple years doesn't really mean much. There's no way to know anything for certain at this point based off the "leaked images" other than what color schemes the characters have and some of their identities. Either way, I don't think you have the basis to decry what you think is going on as "hardly a pro business move", I think LEGO would know what they're doing better than a single consumer working off one or two mostly fuzzy images :P Have some faith! ^^ I seriously doubt LEGO is gonna yell, "WELP KIDDOS HERE'S THIS THING CALLED BIONICLE, MAYBE YOU SAW IT BEFORE. THERE'S A MILLION THINGS THAT HAPPENED THAT WE'RE NOT GONNA FILL YOU IN ON, BUT HERE'S THE DIRECT CONTINUATION WITH NO CONTEXT! GOOD LUCK, SUCKERS!" 

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 3

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

In Bionicle it was usually the story which followed the sets, not the other way around. Just 'cause the story that you think the images you saw represent doesn't match up with what a writer said sometime in the last couple years doesn't really mean much. There's no way to know anything for certain at this point based off the "leaked images" other than what color schemes the characters have and some of their identities. Either way, I don't think you have the basis to decry what you think is going on as "hardly a pro business move", I think LEGO would know what they're doing better than a single consumer working off one or two mostly fuzzy images :P Have some faith! ^^ I seriously doubt LEGO is gonna yell, "WELP KIDDOS HERE'S THIS THING CALLED BIONICLE, MAYBE YOU SAW IT BEFORE. THERE'S A MILLION THINGS THAT HAPPENED THAT WE'RE NOT GONNA FILL YOU IN ON, BUT HERE'S THE DIRECT CONTINUATION WITH NO CONTEXT! GOOD LUCK, SUCKERS!" 

I don't really think it would be all that difficult to make it a direct continuation without having to introduce a whole lot of backstory. I mean, if you look at the original start of Bionicle, it was about a bunch of characters on an island with no idea how they got there or why an evil shadow-demon was trying to wipe them out. The mystery was of it all was half of the fun. So I maintain that it would be fairly simple to introduce the new theme with a direct continuation of the Spherus Magna storyline.

And on fishers64's point, I don't think it really matters what Greg said. I doubt he gets the final word on everything. 

• Upvote 1

Mods are asleep, post LP!

In all seriousness though, why do you guys insist on talking about leaks here? There are plenty of other sites that allow you to do this. W/E, not my problem  <_<

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

Ummm... Journey's End ended with five of the Toa Nuva in their Nuva forms, not their Mata forms. The only one who was in his Mata form was Tahu. I don't see the Mask of Life anywhere on the display image, either. If you want to point out its location to me via PM, I'd be glad to hear it.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Okay I have seen the color picture of the Bionicle Set and I really don't like the look of Lewa, Pohatu and Gali, they don't even look like there original Mata look at all but Tahu, Kopaka and Onua mostly do, but Kopaka look like a mix of His Nuva look and Takanuva. Also Poatu color looks really bad, it look like he have too many colors.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Wouldn't it be great if we finally got Shadow Toa Ahkmou? That'd be awesome.

I also want some Bo-, Vo-, Su- and Ba-Matoran to get sets (for the Ba-Matoran, mainly for their purple pieces - purple Miru, anyone?).

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

I'd love to see remakes of some of the special edition sets like Lesovik and Vezon, and I would definitely like to see the Kestora, if just for those purple parts and energy weapons.