Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

It's incredibly likely for the return to happen. It could even happen tomorrow, hopefully. There are so many bits of evidence, so many teases, I think it will be a matter of weeks before we get a confirmation from LEGO themselves.

I really hope it doesn't take that long. I can't wait till we can discuss it in full here...

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Hehehe....I have been laughing these last few weeks...I can't believe you all fell for the fakes that me and my design team created. It took 8 months to prepare....I joined BZP posing as an innocent bystander....and you all bought it. Bionicle isn't coming back guys, but it was sure fun hyping you all up. And the "leaker"? He lives 2 doors down from me.

lol just kidding guys, I can't wait till they announce it :P

• Upvote 2

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Wow... Just wow. I knew someone would start circulating fake images sooner or later, but they could have at least tried a little harder. But if you compare those obvious fakes to the images that have been leaked so far, it's pretty apparent that if these leaks are fake someone put way too much effort into it. Hence why I stand by my statement that the original leaked images are legit, and that Bionicle will indeed be making a return at long last.

God. Some people. Seriously. If these arent real, I dont know what is. I cant wait until the new wave and Tahu looks exactly like Furno XL with a new mask, its going to be great.!!!!

• Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Hehehe....I have been laughing these last few weeks...I can't believe you all fell for the fakes that me and my design team created. It took 8 months to prepare....I joined BZP posing as an innocent bystander....and you all bought it. Bionicle isn't coming back guys, but it was sure fun hyping you all up. And the "leaker"? He lives 2 doors down from me.

I legitimately felt my heart break when I read this... I felt all of my hopes and dreams fall away and I completely died on the inside... at least until I got to that end bit. That was cruel, but funny. Well done. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

That was scary. :o

At least you told us you were joking in the post instead of waiting a few days.

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Okay, if all of the awful jokes are over with and the trolling is finished, can we focus on news regarding this rumour. Please?

Speaking of which, it seems that Brickipedia has decided that the rumours are enough confirmation for them. 

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/2015

All it says is that "After being discontinued in 2010, BIONICLE sets will be released", but there seems to be no other references to back this up. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

i don't think bionicle is coming back. they may return the storyline but...not the sets. i think bionicle is did all it could. lego said this will be new series similar to bionicle but not a bionicle.

And... where are you getting this information? I'm pretty sure Lego hasn't said anything about this yet.

i don't think bionicle is coming back. they may return the storyline but...not the sets. i think bionicle is did all it could. lego said this will be new series similar to bionicle but not a bionicle.

And... where are you getting this information? I'm pretty sure Lego hasn't said anything about this yet.

Yes, what I believe was said was "a new constraction theme would be coming out in 2015". The word "new" can be taken a lot of different ways. I interpret it to mean "new" as in "not Hero Factory", not "new" as in "a new theme altogether." 

-snip-

I was half-convinced. Good going there.

But don't do it again. Although good job. But don't do it again.

@NatoGreavesy

The citation leads to a Eurobricks dead link. :-/

Does it? I was wondering why it didn't work. Thanks. When I checked that page a few days ago, it said "a new constraction theme is rumoured to be coming out in 2015", but when I checked it today, it said the thing about Bionicle instead. What I meant about the reference was that I couldn't find a reason supporting the sudden change. It is a community site, so maybe someone just changed it, or maybe they know something we don't. 

How are the leaked sets are allowed to be talked about on the LEGO Message Boards but not here?

Edited by -Windrider-

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Found more along with the band :D  I'm evil

Gali and kopakas masks were oviousally edited on. and is that a hero factory brain i see in the backround of lewas? also why would gali have the hero factory h on her chest...

These pictures are crude fakes. sorry bro

• Upvote 1

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

Okay, if all of the awful jokes are over with and the trolling is finished, can we focus on news regarding this rumour. Please?

Speaking of which, it seems that Brickipedia has decided that the rumours are enough confirmation for them.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/2015

All it says is that "After being discontinued in 2010, BIONICLE sets will be released", but there seems to be no other references to back this up.

O_O

Let's face it. Bionicle is absolutely coming back. I would tell you what makes it completely real, but I can't discuss leaks.

PM me, dude!

Me, too!

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 1

Okay, I personally can't enforce what goes on over PM. I don't have the proper permissions. I also can't stop anyone from searching for information.

But I can say not to provide specific information, be it where to look, how to look, giving links, all that. The policy is enforced fairly strictly.

I had to remove a few instances of this in the past two pages. I know that discussion is possible without such references; there were pages and pages of it in this topic. Please keep the leaked or potentially leaked information off-site.

Okay. I'll PM you guys. Thanks Wind for clarifying.

You misunderstand - while I can't manually enforce rules in private messages, BZPower's Rules and Guidelines apply to them as well. For an easier example, flaming other members over PM is just as bad a violation as doing it on the forums.

Edited by -Windrider-

As -Windrider- said, I wouldn't recommend it. Unless you want to lose proto or get banned. 

As for a possible return, I'd like to see a completely new storyline rather than a reboot. It is almost impossible to continue from 2010, because it would be very difficult for new fans to understand what is going on.

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

Found more along with the band :D  I'm evil

Gali and kopakas masks were oviousally edited on. and is that a hero factory brain i see in the backround of lewas? also why would gali have the hero factory h on her chest...

These pictures are crude fakes. sorry bro

No man , those are real, but there one thing...            why Blood on the Dance Floor.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

BRING ME BONKLES

Seriously, has there been an actual announcement yet? Someone mentioned an announcement today.

There was speculation as to whether the "mystery box," revealed today, at San Diego Comic Con would prove to contain new Bionicles. However, it turned out to contain the UCS Tumbler.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

No dude, those are not fake, they are real as gold, just look at the mask, they look a lot better then the Gali, Pohatu and Lewa mask because those was fake and don't even look like the original, I think you had too much "Nachos"  :D

I agree with you.

I think that there is a most likely chance that these are not fake because they look like that they are made perfect, like real sets.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

The problem with bionicle coming back is that it needs a story. The story was one of the main reasons why people got into the line and once it ended, there was no way to bring it back easily.

With themes like Castle and other lines that get rebooted so often they don't need very much if any story behind them. 

Unless they have come up with a good enough story to be both nostalgic and not too complicated, then I say that this rumor is very unlikely.

I can see them doing a possible "reboot", or at least going back to a very basic story line, similar to HF, but with a bit more depth to the story. Not separating itself from the previous stories, but just making the knowledge of previous years stories unimportant.  

Edited by Guardian Legend

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

See, I still disagree that it's impossible for Bionicle to come back as a continuation. If done right, it could be made to work. It's like watching the original Star Wars trilogy without ever seeing the prequel. It's all about what information is considered important. You don't need to see the prequel to understand the original. It would all depend on what story points they choose to continue, and which ones they choose to condense or drop altogether. It can be done. 

EDIT: I just hope if it is a continuation they stop adding more characters and do something about getting rid of some of the others. I think part of the problem for why Bionicle got so convoluted was the Toa no-kill policy, which led to most villains from every year surviving and needing their own story to explain what happened to them afterwards. I'd prefer it if the revived theme continued where the old left off, and started reintroducing the old villains, then dealing with them in some kind of more permanent way. The villains were great; my favourite part of 

Bionicle, in truth, but if hardly of them ever get properly defeated, it becomes problematic. 

To be honest, this is just me wanting to see all of my favourite villains get remade, like the Barraki without their mutations, and the Golden Being as a set, and TSO as an actual set rather than a combination model. But it would also be nice to see some decent combination models. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 2

Where is Christian Faber in all of this? He must know the truth. and if Bionicle returns, I hope he is a part of it. Otherwise it's just not Bionicle. If he's not I'm going to move to Rebel Nature! *tam tam taaaaam*

If the leaks speak the truth, and Bionicle is indeed upon us, it'd better be good. I have an irrational fear that this is going to be some kind of Hero Factory 2. Rushed, dumb, and lacking detail. Exactly what happened to Bionicle 2009-2010.

banner1.png

See, I still disagree that it's impossible for Bionicle to come back as a continuation. If done right, it could be made to work. It's like watching the original Star Wars trilogy without ever seeing the prequel. It's all about what information is considered important. You don't need to see the prequel to understand the original. It would all depend on what story points they choose to continue, and which ones they choose to condense or drop altogether. It can be done. 

Except the prequels were made after the original story. I understand the point you're trying to make, but the reason you don't need to watch the star wars prequels to understand the original trilogy is there was no plan for a trilogy series to begin with. they would have been in real trouble if they made a set of movies you had to watch movies that wouldnt be released until twenty years later to understand it.

it's not impossible for it to come back as a continuation, no, but if you're making a decision as far as making a line as accessible as possible for a new audience, a reboot is more likely to draw in new fans than a continuation.

Where is Christian Faber in all of this? He must know the truth. and if Bionicle returns, I hope he is a part of it. Otherwise it's just not Bionicle. If he's not I'm going to move to Rebel Nature! *tam tam taaaaam*

If the leaks speak the truth, and Bionicle is indeed upon us, it'd better be good. I have an irrational fear that this is going to be some kind of Hero Factory 2. Rushed, dumb, and lacking detail. Exactly what happened to Bionicle 2009-2010.

2009-2010 was supposed to have a more complex storyline, with the Baterra, and the element lords, and probably more besides that, but most of the story got cut short by Lego. That's why it felt rushed. 

And yeah, I'd hate it if they simplified the storyline and made it a HF remake. The depth and complexity of the Bionicle storyline was something I really liked about it. But I also hope they change the building system to be less like HF and more like the old Bionicle. I don't want just HF sets with Bionicle masks. 

Except the prequels were made after the original story. I understand the point you're trying to make, but the reason you don't need to watch the star wars prequels to understand the original trilogy is there was no plan for a trilogy series to begin with. they would have been in real trouble if they made a set of movies you had to watch movies that wouldnt be released until twenty years later to understand it.

it's not impossible for it to come back as a continuation, no, but if you're making a decision as far as making a line as accessible as possible for a new audience, a reboot is more likely to draw in new fans than a continuation.

That's a fair point, but I think people have already raised the main issues with a reboot in previous posts on this topic. One quick google search would completely ruin all of the surprises. So I think it'll either be a stylised continuation, or a complete rewrite rather than just a rebooted remake. 

• Upvote 1