BZPower or Eurobricks?

Waaja

I hope I ain't doing anything wrong by posting this. (spare me, please!!)

So, while I was looking at a Eurobrick discussion thread, I noticed several people over there with similar names and avatars as some people here, which led me to believe they are the same people.

I'm correct, right? (Please tell me I am; my deduction skills can't be that bad, right?)

Anyway, as a person who solely sticks to BZPower, I've noticed the activity over at Eurobricks is much more than here on BZPower. (Or am I making a mistake here?) I myself however have been sticking to BZPower since it's the first Bionicle forum I know, and I'm too lazy to go over there. (gee, I'm a loyalist in a lazy way) And also because, I assume, they are targeted mostly for Lego in general.

I don't know much about the history behind the two forums, or which one came first, but which of the two do you prefer over the other? And why? Is there a compelling reason for me to sign up at Eurobricks if I'm solely into Action Figures only?

Why do you still come on to BZPower if you're at Eurobricks?

Lemme hear the thoughtssssss. :ahhh:

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

because unlike eurobricks, bzpower (despite some evidence to the contrary) is not run largely by misogynistic, racist, and generally unpleasant moderators

i was going to add 'overly strict' and 'authority-abusing' to that list but those are unfortunately some things both sites have in common

• Upvote 19

Well, I didn't sign on the BZP as a member until very recently (though I have followed the site, through ups and downs, for a loooonnnggg time) , but I do spend much more time on this site than I do on Eurobricks… Bionicle was always one of my biggest passions, and Eurobricks doesn't have a community that I can relate to as easily. :D

What's Eurobricks?

:P

In all seriousness, judging from just the name itself, Eurobricks appears to be a general Lego forum, while BZPower was originally focused towards Bionicle, a theme that has been discontinued (it's all in the name). Maybe people want to talk about themes that are alive.

Edited by A Magus With Class

I think that a vast majority of forum-goers tend to stick around more than one forum, because those who do, do so to keep up to date on multiple topics. In this case, both forums are LEGO oriented, but you get the point. :P

In all seriousness, judging from just the name itself, Eurobricks appears to be a general Lego forum, while BZPower was originally focused towards Bionicle, a theme that has been discontinued (it's all in the name). Maybe people want to talk about themes that are alive.

I wouldn't say BZP is Bionicle-focused as much anymore. Sure, we have a couple Bionicle-dedicated forums, based on our prior focuses, but now that Bionicle is dead, the forum has taken a more LEGO-oriented approach. I'd say that now most of our focus is on LEGO as a whole, more than anything.

-Rez

Edited by Reznas

because unlike eurobricks, bzpower (despite some evidence to the contrary) is not run largely by misogynistic, racist, and generally unpleasant moderators

i was going to add 'overly strict' and 'authority-abusing' to that list but those are unfortunately some things both sites have in common

To be honest, I used to think that about this forum :X Many of the things I've posted either got told off my a mod/member as not allowed/ against the rules, etc. Many of such rules have been removed/modified for more freedom now, I guess (yay!!). Like "what if" topics: I mean, that's kind of allowed now in the Bionicle Discussions now right? Then again, see how fearful I am just to start this new topic? (See my first line^^^^)

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

I'm sticking to both BZP and Eurobrick that you can tell that I have account on both of them with the name ShadowWolfHount. I not going to say one is better then the other but there are things that are different between the two that I do like.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Like "what if" topics: I mean, that's kind of allowed now in the Bionicle Discussions now right? Then again, see how fearful I am just to start this new topic? (See my first line^^^^)

As the individual who wrote the "what if" topic rule, I can tell you that, at the time, there were 10 new "what if" topics a day. "What if Makuta knocked on your door selling vacuums". Things exactly like that. I'm certain that seemingly satirical example was, in all actuality, a real topic. It became some weird meme thing and it was truly an awful experience.

• Upvote 7

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Like "what if" topics: I mean, that's kind of allowed now in the Bionicle Discussions now right? Then again, see how fearful I am just to start this new topic? (See my first line^^^^)

As the individual who wrote the "what if" topic rule, I can tell you that, at the time, there were 10 new "what if" topics a day. "What if Makuta knocked on your door selling vacuums". Things exactly like that. I'm certain that seemingly satirical example was, in all actuality, a real topic. It became some weird meme thing and it was truly an awful experience.

What-if topics in a line

• Upvote 12

I am know thinking of what would people say if this was in Eurobricks Community Forum.

My guess people would say Eurobricks and anyone who say they think BZP is good will be banned.

Now I just want to do that on EuroBrick to see if they would do that :lol:, I mean they did banned ToaJaller77 from there site because of a Joke on there "What Did You Buy Today" topic :shrugs:

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

I've never gone to Eurobricks, so I can't say anything about it. I honestly haven't really even heard of it until I read this topic. I might check it out later, but until then, I can't say which site is better.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Arc pretty much nailed it but also I guess I've been more comfortable around the bionicle community (particularly when I first joined) and I have a much stronger sense of nostalgia and loyalty around this crowd.

ALSO DO WE STILL GET BANNED FOR MENTIONING OTHER SERIOUS SITES WITH FORUMS THAT ARE TOTALLY LEGITIMATE DIRECT COMPETITION TO OUR TRAFFIC BECAUSE IF NOT WE SHOULD ALL TRY MIGRATING OVER THERE

• Upvote 7

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Dropping like flies, these kids.

I got banned and all I got was this lousy tshirt that i made gosh

gentlemen, i'd like to propose a merger

BZPOWER and ANOTHER SITE merging??? Unheard of! BZP does not do that sort of thing.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 5

Spoiler Alert

Arc pretty much nailed it but also I guess I've been more comfortable around the bionicle community (particularly when I first joined) and I have a much stronger sense of nostalgia and loyalty around this crowd.

ALSO DO WE STILL GET BANNED FOR MENTIONING OTHER SERIOUS SITES WITH FORUMS THAT ARE TOTALLY LEGITIMATE DIRECT COMPETITION TO OUR TRAFFIC BECAUSE IF NOT WE SHOULD ALL TRY MIGRATING OVER THERE

BZPOWER and ANOTHER SITE merging??? Unheard of! BZP does not do that sort of thing.

i think you may want to reconsider. just think of all the opportunities a site like this could provide us with

Edited by Arc
  • Upvote 5

i think you may want to reconsider. just think of all the opportunities a site like this could provide us with

guys I just cleared it with Bionicle Rex and he's given me permission to begin designing graphics to prepare us for the merger Edited by Kakaru
  • Upvote 5

hey it's Studio Comic

guys I just cleared it with Bionicle Rex and he's given me permission to begin designing graphics to prepare us for the merger

excellent. i'm sure that this will turn out to be a profitable decision

• Upvote 1

guys I just cleared it with Bionicle Rex and he's given me permission to begin designing graphics to prepare us for the merger

You know there something missing and I may going to die from doing this buuuuuut FOR THE LOLS

Also I'm evil :evilgrin: :devil: :evilbiggrin:

• Upvote 2

excellent. i'm sure that this will turn out to be a profitable decision

5lJKRXN.png

today we feel the repercussions of soup-can space travel

• Upvote 16

hey it's Studio Comic

You know there something missing and I may going to die from doing this buuuuuut FOR THE LOLS

Also I'm evil :evilgrin: :devil: :evilbiggrin:

So it's basically the same, but the line-ups are shorter.

Edit: MICAH fgjfgl

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 2

Spoiler Alert

I have (or at least had) an account on EB, though I haven't posted on there in years. I don't have any very negative memories of the site or its community, but I was a bit overwhelmed by the scale of all the different themes being covered and discussed, which might be why I didn't connect with the site.

I know this one has now expanded to cover multiple themes, but constraction still makes up the majority of discussion, giving the board a bit more focus that I find more to my taste than the 'everything' approach of EB.

The easy answer is that although there may be some people on both websites, for the most part there are a lot of people here that aren't there and the other way around; Leaving one community entirely to be in another means leaving behind a lot of cool people and friends. Why not have the best of both worlds?

Personally I never heard about that site until 3 minutes ago, but I think I'll stay on BZP exclusively. I don't really have the time or interest to get involved in another forum, I'm comfy here :P

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

5lJKRXN.png

today we feel the repercussions of soup-can space travel

now look what you've gone and done

we're all going to be sucked into a literal black hole

i'm going to Bionicle Rex about this

Edited by Arc
  • Upvote 5

I made an account on Eurobricks in... September or October last year, I believe. I also think I have forgotten the login, because I went there for about three days and then concluded that I did not wish to put forth the energy needed to join the communities there. :P

(Such forum laziness)

• Upvote 1

I joined Eurobricks years ago during one of BZP's frequent downtimes and ended up staying because it offered up a ton of differing discussions, viewpoints, and insight that I hadn't seen on BZP. As the years have gone on, however, I still frequent BZP just as much because its focus on story themes (BIONICLE especially) allows for differing discussions, viewpoints, and insight than Eurobricks.

The two are very distinct and work well in tandem, but one is not necessarily better than the other. I will say that Eurobricks captivated the majority of my interest for a while due to its more lenient rules regarding discussion and advertising, but BZP has since made alterations to their own rules so that doesn't really hold true anymore. :P

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak
  • Upvote 3

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

The smaller constraction presence on Eurobricks tends to mean that the discussions are a bit more broad and slower-moving than on here, where the topic is spread over many forums. That's why I still use it, because I can have that continuous thread going.

BZP is of course better if you want to have a more focused discussion with a larger audience. Also, blogs.

OpAXNpl.jpg

My dad has always stood by the concept of a "10% dirtball factor," which states that, on average, 10% of a given group will be dirtballs.

BZP is much lower than that, and Eurobricks is much higher. While BZP has its fair share of issues, Eurobricks just seems crawling with an air of insipid elitism. I've never quite been able to put my finger on it because my visits there have never been long enough for me to do so.

• Upvote 8

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Nice to see the activity on this thread! I'm actually quite surprised many of you guys don't know about Eurobricks; I thought that forum was like...I dunno, pretty 'official'? So, is BZPower more well known than Eurobricks?

And the diversion, really cracked me up XD Good job guys, and nice comic!

• Upvote 1
Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

So, is BZPower more well known than Eurobricks?

Among us, I would say so. After all, this is BZPower. :P

haha no what is bzpower

real talk though, BZPower used to be the center of constraction discussion online (we were even offered financial support in exchange for becoming the official LEGO discussion board but I think we turned it down because of the regulations and endless bureacracies involved) but that was quite a while back, '03 or '04 I think. Obviously the politics and power struggle between forums and members created a lot of drama that turned into smaller splinter communities over the years, which in turn means that nowadays there are many people in the constraction community who have never heard of BZPower, but nearly everyone in the larger LEGO community is aware of the existence of Eurobricks. So BZP used to be a major hub of activity, but anymore I'd argue that it's a bit of a relic in comparison.

• Upvote 4

hey it's Studio Comic

haha no what is bzpower

real talk though, BZPower used to be the center of constraction discussion online (we were even offered financial support in exchange for becoming the official LEGO discussion board but I think we turned it down because of the regulations and endless bureacracies involved) but that was quite a while back, '03 or '04 I think. Obviously the politics and power struggle between forums and members created a lot of drama that turned into smaller splinter communities over the years, which in turn means that nowadays there are many people in the constraction community who have never heard of BZPower, but nearly everyone in the larger LEGO community is aware of the existence of Eurobricks. So BZP used to be a major hub of activity, but anymore I'd argue that it's a bit of a relic in comparison.

Seriously, someone needs to make that website just for the sheer lolz value.

Anyway, I was pointing out the context of his post. He was surprised that Eurobricks was less well known than BZPower on BZPower. :lol: What. [/punchline explained and thus ruined] But seriously, this place is a remote island IMO. Any general Lego forum is probably more well known these days among Lego fans, and the days where the Bionicle fandom = big chunk of Lego fandom are gone if they ever were a thing.

My dad has always stood by the concept of a "10% dirtball factor," which states that, on average, 10% of a given group will be dirtballs.

BZP is much lower than that, and Eurobricks is much higher. While BZP has its fair share of issues, Eurobricks just seems crawling with an air of insipid elitism. I've never quite been able to put my finger on it because my visits there have never been long enough for me to do so.

i'd go so far as to say that Sturgeon's Law, which normally only applies to fictitious works, applies to Eurobricks in place of the '10% dirtball factor'

haha no what is bzpower

let's actually make that site a thing

also i'm positive BZP could de-relic-ify itself, at least to some degree, but...nothing seems to be working so far

haha no what is bzpower

Seriously, someone needs to make that website just for the sheer lolz value.

Anyway, I was pointing out the context of his post. He was surprised that Eurobricks was less well known than BZPower on BZPower. :lol: What. [/punchline explained and thus ruined] But seriously, this place is a remote island IMO. Any general Lego forum is probably more well known these days among Lego fans, and the days where the Bionicle fandom = big chunk of Lego fandom are gone if they ever were a thing.

I do get what you mean, but I thought Eurobricks would at least be more well known...

Look at my siggy :D

• Upvote 1
Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg