Hero Factory Parts You Wish Existed

Aedai Rivin

I wish Waspix's new piece used to attach the middle set of limbs (also used next year in Thornraxx and possibly Toxic Reapa) had the same "crotch" joint as regular Hero torsos. As it is, the middle ball joint on this piece is not very useful, since the range of angles for anything connected to it is so limited. I also wish there were versions of a lot of pre-2011 joint pieces that use the new joint style. We have word from a HF part engineer that a new version of the Shadow Matoran foot has been designed, but no confirmation yet about the Glatorian head piece which is also being used next year. One reason I would like to see new versions of these parts isn't just that the old one's are prone to breaking, but that next year's sets (namely the Super Heroes sets and Black Phantom) have a 2M bone lengthener piece that would be excellent with the Glatorian head to make the neck's length more reasonable on larger-scale figures using Fire Lord's torso bone piece.

I wish that there was a small piece that had two pegs on one side, and slots for two other pegs on the other side. It should be the same height as one LEGO plate. The use for this would be so that you could attach pieces like Witch Doctor, Waspix, Fangz, Scorpio, and Raw-Jaw's head piece to a Hero head. This is sort of what I'm talking about (I'll create a better sketch in AutoCAD... :P):hero_factory_piece_head_extension_idea.png

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I like Meiko's suggestion, though I'd also appreciate the same piece with pegs on both sides, so that HF 2.0 helmets could be attached to hero heads without the silver/gunmetal piece in between. More pin/axle connections in the limbs would also be great (there's definitely room for them in the shorter limbs, not just the longer ones). -:t::n:

sigbanner.gif

I like Meiko's suggestion, though I'd also appreciate the same piece with pegs on both sides, so that HF 2.0 helmets could be attached to hero heads without the silver/gunmetal piece in between.- :t: :n:

Yeah, I've thought about that one before too, but I'm pretty sure that there are custom piece-makers who sell something similar that works the same.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

A belt piece. They use it in all the movies, so why not put it in a set?

The thing is, how would it attach? That's one problem I can see in designing accessories for BIONICLE and Hero Factory sets―finding an attachment point.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Let's see... 1. Hands with movable fingers 2. HF torso that also had axle holes. (for the + piece.) 3. 2.0 head with transparent eyes.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Hands with movable fingers

That would be pretty difficult. It's easier to use Exo-Force robot arms and some SYSTEM parts. ;)

2.0 head with transparent eyes.

Are you thinking of just having the eyes being transparent, or the whole head? If it were to be just the eye area, that would cause some major inconsistencies, which wouldn't be good at all.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Okay, I said that I'd make this part, so I did. Front: hero_factory_extension_piece_idea_1.png Back: hero_factory_extension_piece_idea_2.png Please leave your feedback on it, because that'd be nice. :) It has the exact same dimensions that LEGO would use, and it would be fully compatible with Hero Factory.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I would get into HF if they didn't have the big corny H on all their chests...

Well, the villains don't have that, and as of next year the heroes no longer have torsos with a special "socket" for the Hero Cores-- you could just remove them and the heroes would probably look no less complete.Personally, I like the Hero Cores. I think they add a useful touch of consistency as well a tasteful emblem of characters' allegiance with the "good guys". They are hard to use, though, which is something the upcoming wave's more compact Hero Core design improves on.

Okay, I said that I'd make this part, so I did.Please leave your feedback on it, because that'd be nice. :)It has the exact same dimensions that LEGO would use, and it would be fully compatible with Hero Factory.

It'd be a little small as LEGO parts go (the 1/2m bushing would be comparable in size, I guess), but I suppose it'd have to be to do what you want it to. Have you checked to make sure that it extends the head connection enough to accommodate each of those "masks"?As a side note, a similarly-useful piece would be one that could adapt the 2.0 hero head connection to accept masks fitted to the Glatorian head piece. Would it be possible for you to do a mockup of such a part?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

All of the pieces from 2.0 onward made compatible for Technic/Bionicle. As in + rod instead of the skinny stick. It's been the only thing turning me off from buying the sets.

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

I would love it if all the Bionicle parts with ball sockets were put into a future wave of HF somehow, with the ball sockets re-done as the HF 2.0 ones. Then I could make loads of Bionicle MoCs without fear of the sockets snapping. Problem, TLG? *trollface*

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

I'd like to see massive round shoulder pads like Samus Aran's, new chest armor, awesome new Zamor-gun pieces, and a torso shell with abs.. :PNah, kidding aside, I'd like to see more parts in unusual colors like purple, aqua-green(or turquoise), or in a transparent blue. Longer Orange pads, like in a 5 or 6 size, should be used, and I'd like to see a unique villain piece of some kind make, like a clawed fist or something. Or the bringing back of the 2.0 headpieces.. those were just starting to grow on me when they went away :(

Okay, I said that I'd make this part, so I did.Please leave your feedback on it, because that'd be nice. :)It has the exact same dimensions that LEGO would use, and it would be fully compatible with Hero Factory.

It'd be a little small as LEGO parts go (the 1/2m bushing would be comparable in size, I guess), but I suppose it'd have to be to do what you want it to. Have you checked to make sure that it extends the head connection enough to accommodate each of those "masks"?As a side note, a similarly-useful piece would be one that could adapt the 2.0 hero head connection to accept masks fitted to the Glatorian head piece. Would it be possible for you to do a mockup of such a part?
It measures in the required dimensions for the head pieces, yes. I used each constraint for the 2.0 Hero Head Pieces.Yeah, I'll work on a Glatorian-to-Hero Factory head conversion piece (That's what I'm calling it from now on ;)) for sure.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

• 3 weeks later...

There is a serious deficiency in the amount of blue cladding. There are only two blue sets so far, both are Surge, and one is half lime-green.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.