• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

The Stub Drone

Stub Drone

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Phantom Terror

Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • The Master of FIYAH

• 18-February 13
  • 1,346 posts
  •  

Posted May 09 2014 - 12:23 AM

I just really wanted to use my mini balljoints. :3

LINK

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click HERE!

#2 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Professional Lurker

• 08-January 07
  • 4,128 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 09 2014 - 02:42 AM

Aww.. that is kind of adorable. Almost reminds me of a portal type robot. But you know i never understood how those mini balljoints would be sturdy.. i mean aren't they loose?

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Darvin-

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Self-Proclaimed Lord of Ice Picks

#3 Offline Pohatu: Uniter of Stone

Pohatu: Uniter of Stone
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 15-December 13
  • 2,520 posts
  •  

Posted May 09 2014 - 06:32 AM

Aww.. that is kind of adorable. Almost reminds me of a portal type robot. But you know i never understood how those mini balljoints would be sturdy.. i mean aren't they loose?

I have them too, and the ball looks and feels rubbery, almost. The socket is like that, too.

Edited by RahkshiToa88, May 09 2014 - 06:32 AM.

Splatoon Inkling Mocs! 

lego-models_and_amiibo.jpg

#4 Offline Phantom Terror

Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • The Master of FIYAH

• 18-February 13
  • 1,346 posts
  •  

Posted May 09 2014 - 07:34 AM

Yeah, it reminds me of something out of Portal too :P.

The mini balljoints actually have quite a bit of friction to them, they're great for small mechs like these, because they open up much more posability while keeping the model to a small amount of pieces.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click HERE!

#5 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Professional Lurker

• 08-January 07
  • 4,128 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 07:37 AM

I have them too, and the ball looks and feels rubbery, almost. The socket is like that, too.

Yeah, it reminds me of something out of Portal too :P.

The mini balljoints actually have quite a bit of friction to them, they're great for small mechs like these, because they open up much more posability while keeping the model to a small amount of pieces.

Hmm.. good to know. I have yet to own a set that uses them so thanks for the update on them

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

#6 Offline Pohatu: Uniter of Stone

Pohatu: Uniter of Stone
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 15-December 13
  • 2,520 posts
  •  

Posted May 09 2014 - 10:17 AM

Are the blue "motor shell" pieces on its feet from a City harbor set, by any chance?

Splatoon Inkling Mocs! 

lego-models_and_amiibo.jpg

#7 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Professional Lurker

• 08-January 07
  • 4,128 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 12:40 PM

Are the blue "motor shell" pieces on its feet from a City harbor set, by any chance?

I was thinking they may have been from early knights kingdom sets.. jayko or whatever that character's name was? But i was hesitant to ask.

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

#8 Offline Phantom Terror

Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • The Master of FIYAH

• 18-February 13
  • 1,346 posts
  •  

Posted May 09 2014 - 01:39 PM

I was thinking they may have been from early knights kingdom sets.. jayko or whatever that character's name was? But i was hesitant to ask.

No, I did not get them from Knights Kingdom sets or City sets (they might've been in those sets, I just don't pay attention to system sets as much as constraction). I actually got a handful of them, as well as some fenders from the early Racers Tiny Turbos in the same color from the Exo-Force set Sentai Fortress, which is an extremely worthy purchase in my opinion. The parts and standalone set are both amazing.

#9 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Professional Lurker

• 08-January 07
  • 4,128 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 11:58 PM

No, I did not get them from Knights Kingdom sets or City sets (they might've been in those sets, I just don't pay attention to system sets as much as constraction). I actually got a handful of them, as well as some fenders from the early Racers Tiny Turbos in the same color from the Exo-Force set Sentai Fortress, which is an extremely worthy purchase in my opinion. The parts and standalone set are both amazing.

oh yes! the sentai fortress was a set i always wanted to get yet never could afford. Was it everything I imagined?

And i'm similar.. i really don't pay attention to system sets that much.. the only system sets I have is the lego agents mobile command center and a lego star wars tri-fighter... very small collection

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

#10 Offline Phantom Terror

Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • The Master of FIYAH

• 18-February 13
  • 1,346 posts
  •  

Posted May 10 2014 - 06:26 AM

oh yes! the sentai fortress was a set i always wanted to get yet never could afford. Was it everything I imagined?

And i'm similar.. i really don't pay attention to system sets that much.. the only system sets I have is the lego agents mobile command center and a lego star wars tri-fighter... very small collection

The Sentai Fortress set probably is everything you imagined, and more! The thing was massive, I lucked out and my grandparents got it for me when it was 50% off somewhere. The set came with two light bricks (both went missing, I assume my parents had something to do with it [They didn't like them]). There was also so much orange and dark bley, and there were two full sized mechs thrown in, with a smaller one. All the main exo force characters were also included, which is a major plus.

#11 Offline keiththelegokid

keiththelegokid
  • Members
  • Toa

• 20-December 13
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2014 - 09:41 AM

Nice reminds me of the new Ultra Agents.

Support my Full Scale Coffee Mug on Pley :smilenuparu:

https://www.pleyworl...man Scale.)/721

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users