Epics Rules and Guidelines
Welcome to the Epics Forum! To ensure that your enjoyment of stories, and the writing thereof, goes smoothly, please take note of the following rules, requested in addition to the BZPower Rules and Guidelines.
NOTE: This topic's tag will always reflect the date it was last updated. The "Edited By" line at the bottom of this post will describe the latest changes made.
2) Only BIONICLE and LEGO stories are allowed. If your story is completely unrelated to Bionicle or LEGO, put it in Off Topic Culture.
3) Authors must create a review topic for others to reply in. This way, all clutter is removed from the story topic, and readers can enjoy the story without being interrupted by comments. Authors, please post a link to your review topic in your story topic. If you don't do this, I will do it for you without warning.
(Don't know how to link? Copy the URL (the web address of your topic, found at the top of your browser) of your story topic, go to your review topic and edit your first post. You'll see a button that looks like a chain link with a green dot. Press it, and paste the URL. Simple!)
4) Round Robin and other types of add-on stories are not allowed. Having co-authors is fine, and there is no limit there. However, running a story that any member can add on to is not allowed.This is due to the fact that they all eventually meet the same fate: confusing and full of spam.
5) Only the author(s) of a story is/are allowed to post in the story topic. Here, we require separate topics for reviews.
6) Topic revival is allowed. If you've not updated your epic in a long time, don't worry. You are still allowed to post a new chapter! If you want to review a story, and the last post in the review topic is over a month old, you are still allowed to post!
7) No flaming or shaming. Don't forget the site's zero tolerance for flaming and trolling. Please refrain from posting hurtful replies like "This was stupid!" or "Wow, this is awful." If you don't like a story, please respectfully share what you didn't like, or walk away.
8) You may have one topic that is a collection of all your fanfics in the BZP Library, and it must be in Short Stories. Even if you haven't written any short stories, please keep all collection topics in that forum. Said topics may contain links to stories on both the old and new forum versions. You can have a story collection topic in the BZP Library for your LEGO works, and a separate collection topic in OTC for your non-LEGO works.
9) Plagarism is not tolerated in the BZPower Library. It's obvious that you shouldn't copy another member's story and paste it into your own topic. However, taking a member's story and changing the character's names, rearranging the sentences, and/or replacing words the member used is not allowed, either.
Please note that each complaint of plagiarism will be judged on a case-by-case basis. Sometimes a member is ripping off of your plot ideas and sentence structures, and other times you two may have just conceived similar ideas. The forum leaders will be glad to help you figure this out.
10) Double-posting in review topics by the author is allowed when a new chapter has been added. Pretty self-explanatory! Please don't constantly bump your review topic without updates, though.
Thank you for abiding by our "house rules". Happy writing, everyone! If you have any questions, please post in this topic or contact one of the current Epics Forum Staff Members:
Edited by GSR, Sep 26 2014 - 11:06 PM.
Updating list of active staff