what is this "earth orange" you're all talking about that mask is burnt orange or dark orange. certainly not """earth"""

this isn't a bad MOC, not bad at all. the color scheme is consistent (except for the mask), and the custom arms and torso are nice. the lower legs look weird from the sides, but the armoring there actually flows pretty well with the rest of the MOC. i'm not a fan of the Rahkshi head on the lower torso; if it stuck out a bit less it'd be fine. and i'm a little disappointed in the non-custom legs compared to the very nice custom arms, but one step at a time i guess.

also i see how you used the cape to cover up the so-so back armoring. don't think i don't know that trick.

overall though, this is fairly good, and a definite step up for you. keep at it.

I do very much like this MOC. You are getting better and better. Arms, torso and back are very good. Not to sure on the HF plate as a chest. I think you should have left it off. Would also have like to seen more Dark orange parts here and there.

Ever all, pretty darn good.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Thank you all for your thoughts! ^^

I like the torso and the arms. The legs aren't too special but not bad either. Is the Kakama gold, or earth orange?

The Kakama is Burnt Orange/Sand Brown. I obtained it from the Huki McToran.

I find the head very interesting. Any particular reason you did it that way, or were you just trying out a new style? Either way, it's cool.

Is the Kakama gold, or earth orange?

Looks earth orange to me.

I was trying out a new style, and I wanted to use the Kakama super badly, but the stock heads wouldn't allow that.

what is this "earth orange" you're all talking about that mask is burnt orange or dark orange. certainly not """earth"""

this isn't a bad MOC, not bad at all. the color scheme is consistent (except for the mask), and the custom arms and torso are nice. the lower legs look weird from the sides, but the armoring there actually flows pretty well with the rest of the MOC. i'm not a fan of the Rahkshi head on the lower torso; if it stuck out a bit less it'd be fine. and i'm a little disappointed in the non-custom legs compared to the very nice custom arms, but one step at a time i guess.

also i see how you used the cape to cover up the so-so back armoring. don't think i don't know that trick.

overall though, this is fairly good, and a definite step up for you. keep at it.

Yeah, if I had an orange mask that wasn't the 2008 Kakama, I probably would have used it. But unfortunately, I don't have one. However, I believe that the burnt orange compliments the regular orange quite well. I would have loved for the rahkshi head to flow perfectly with the armor of the upper torso, but in order to connect it in a way that would not endanger my rubber bands, I had to have it jut out about a stud. Yeah, I'm transitioning (or at least attempting to) from stock limbs to custom limbs, since they're especially challenging for me. And yeah, the cape trick. It works so well though, especially with the Furno XL cape.

I do very much like this MOC. You are getting better and better. Arms, torso and back are very good. Not to sure on the HF plate as a chest. I think you should have left it off. Would also have like to seen more Dark orange parts here and there.

Ever all, pretty darn good.

I needed to add some orange to the upper torso, or the color scheme would look way too inconsistent, so I picked up a piece that I felt would work. Unfortunately, the only burnt orange parts I have are the mask and two Tohunga feet, which I got off of Huki McToran.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Pretty cool. My main criticism is that the exposed back of the head is pretty jarring in color, shape and texture. I'd say an ordinary Mata head would serve much better. Or a Metru head, even.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

The calf armour seems kind of too bulky on the last picture, but on others seem to blend well with the piraka thigh armour, so I'm not sure about that; the ball joints sticking out seem a little ackward though...

Is that a rubber band I spy at the back? :D As the others have said, the HF chest plate seems kind of out of place, mostly because the 'H' is still visible. If you wish to keep it, maybe try to cover that up or something (a spike peg? Not sure)

Wish you has shown how the head looks like without the mask on though...good job :) I really like the hands.

Edited by Waaja
Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

Pretty cool. My main criticism is that the exposed back of the head is pretty jarring in color, shape and texture. I'd say an ordinary Mata head would serve much better. Or a Metru head, even.

An ordinary Mata head would have made the neck awkwardly long. I was going for the basic coloration from the Mata heads for his head.

The calf armour seems kind of too bulky on the last picture, but on others seem to blend well with the piraka thigh armour, so I'm not sure about that; the ball joints sticking out seem a little ackward though...

Is that a rubber band I spy at the back? :D As the others have said, the HF chest plate seems kind of out of place, mostly because the 'H' is still visible. If you wish to keep it, maybe try to cover that up or something (a spike peg? Not sure)

Wish you has shown how the head looks like without the mask on though...good job :) I really like the hands.

From certain angles, everything can look weird :P. But the ball cups actually don't stick out that much and don't hinder the MOC's aesthetics at all. ^^

Yes, that is a rubber band. In order to keep the Stars armor from flying all over the place, I needed more friction, which the + rod would not allow. If they made an orange hero 2.0 core, I would have used that. I have an orange spike peg, but that looked weird to me. :/

The head doesn't really look like something special, just a few SNOT plates, technic brick, trans-light-blue studs, an Exo-Force ball cup brick, and some 1x1 slopes.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Huh? With a Mata head you can make the neck as short as you like.

Actually, you really can't. Using a ball on either + rod connection would hinder the head's articulation, and if you used a V socket, you'd either make the head awkwardly long or make it look like it's "lurching" forward.

HERE!