A Day At The Beach: The Gravity Trio

They

Colx, Melna, and Helios are all BZPRPG characters created and played by Gyro Gearloose (Geardirector). These three gravity elementals form the Gravity Trio, a group of friends who live and laugh on the island of Mata-Nui. In honor of the awesome-sauce that Gears lavishes in his posts I wanted to draw the trio all together. At first I was going to draw them in a sweaty gym posing for the camera. Then I decided a summer beach party would be more fun. Why not make the beach party for three rough warriors turn into a sparring session in the sand?

320px-Gravity_Trio.jpeg

(Click image for full resolution.)

My apologies for several things, especially the hands. However, I believe it's impossible to get better at drawing something without actually drawing it so... Hands are what they are until my skill has improved from drawing them hundreds of times. XD Comments and critique are always appreciated. I really do take into consideration everything you say. :) Ciao for now! ~Kughii

• Upvote 1

To finally see some of my favorite characters of mine brought to life is really cool. It took a while between you first agreeing to do this and actually finishing it, but I think the result here was well worth the wait.

The general scene of the piece is, though not overly detailed, still done pretty well, and for that old tree especially I think the sort of rough outline actually works really well, so there's that. as for the characters themselves, yeah, I can see this scene playing out in my head.

Helios looks surprisingly menacing, somehow, especially the eyes. The slanted eyeholes of the Miru and the eye color somehow just makes him look way more dangerous than I ever imagined him, but I like it.

Melna is on the move, as she should be.

And Colx is just boss.

There's some wonky proportions here and there, and a few misses on color (Melna's eyes, too little black on, well, all three), but overall it's really nice work.

Thanks, Kughii

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...