• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

A Day At The Beach: The Gravity Trio

BZPRPG Digital Art Gravity Trio Kughii

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Online Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,554 posts
  •  

Posted May 14 2014 - 06:40 PM

Colx, Melna, and Helios are all BZPRPG characters created and played by Gyro Gearloose (Geardirector).  These three gravity elementals form the Gravity Trio, a group of friends who live and laugh on the island of Mata-Nui.  In honor of the awesome-sauce that Gears lavishes in his posts I wanted to draw the trio all together.  At first I was going to draw them in a sweaty gym posing for the camera.  Then I decided a summer beach party would be more fun.  Why not make the beach party for three rough warriors turn into a sparring session in the sand?

320px-Gravity_Trio.jpeg

(Click image for full resolution.)

My apologies for several things, especially the hands.  However, I believe it's impossible to get better at drawing something without actually drawing it so...  Hands are what they are until my skill has improved from drawing them hundreds of times. XD  Comments and critique are always appreciated.  I really do take into consideration everything you say. :)  Ciao for now! ~Kughii

http://www.bzpower.c...e=2#entry546628

Link for the BZPRPG 2013 arc profiles.

#2 Offline Emotionless

Emotionless
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,738 posts
  •  

Posted May 14 2014 - 06:55 PM

Hmmm, good art style, well-drawn view, and good colors. I like how the gray one has a footstool and a pipe. That's awesome!

Live while you can while there's air in your lungs. Live your life in the best way you can and die with no regrets. Life is too good to brush off, so live your life and love it.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#3 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,170 posts
  •  

Posted May 15 2014 - 12:34 AM

To finally see some of my favorite characters of mine brought to life is really cool. It took a while between you first agreeing to do this and actually finishing it, but I think the result here was well worth the wait.

The general scene of the piece is, though not overly detailed, still done pretty well, and for that old tree especially I think the sort of rough outline actually works really well, so there's that. as for the characters themselves, yeah, I can see this scene playing out in my head.

Helios looks surprisingly menacing, somehow, especially the eyes. The slanted eyeholes of the Miru and the eye color somehow just makes him look way more dangerous than I ever imagined him, but I like it.

Melna is on the move, as she should be.

And Colx is just boss.

There's some wonky proportions here and there, and a few misses on color (Melna's eyes, too little black on, well, all three), but overall it's really nice work.

Thanks, Kughii

#4 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Spirit of Air

• 18,285 posts
  •  

Posted May 17 2014 - 06:53 AM

Loving Colx's pipe there. Melna's arm looks a bit weird, as well as most other limbs, but it's pretty well done.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users