• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Rocka BL

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Waaja

Waaja
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 12-February 08
  • 282 posts
  •  

Posted May 15 2014 - 04:43 AM

This place moves kind of slow; I'd fill the whole forum with my posts soon! >: D

IMG_1218.JPG

Name: Rocka BL

Description: With light-weight jet-boots, armour and, most notably, his twin blades, this upgrade of Rocka was made with efficiency of speed and attack in mind. Wrist-mounted blades equate to greater and easier slashing motions; they can also be stored on Rocka's back when not in use.

Comments: Just a small little side project using both Breakout Rocka and Breez again done in April 2013. I made this with sleekness in mind (think Gundam Exia). I initially gave him the orangey-red eyes, intending him to be a slash-happy figure, but I switched it over in the end, and cracked the orange head in the process : /

More Pictures:

IMG_1219.JPG

Action Pose

IMG_1221.JPG

Back view (blades stored)

IMG_1222.JPG

Front View (blades stored)

Please do visit:

14903912463_b5945c5bac.jpg
Font by: KC Fonts

#2 Offline Tecnokua The Fedora Mudkip

Tecnokua The Fedora Mudkip
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 21-November 11
  • 321 posts
  •  

Posted May 15 2014 - 09:42 PM

The lime green kinda makes him look like a rainbow barfed on him XD. Cool way to attach the blades to the arms same way i use to attach my 2.(somethings) guns to its back. It looks like something we could see in an upgrade or some special mission armor.

needs_more_fedoras.pngNeeds more Fedoras    But hey how about a spinne as well 7.gif

#3 Offline Waaja

Waaja
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 12-February 08
  • 282 posts
  •  

Posted May 15 2014 - 11:15 PM

The lime green kinda makes him look like a rainbow barfed on him XD. Cool way to attach the blades to the arms same way i use to attach my 2.(somethings) guns to its back. It looks like something we could see in an upgrade or some special mission armor.

I'd like to see your MOC :D

Thanks for your comment! :)

Please do visit:

#4 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 25-May 09
  • 1,564 posts
  •  

Posted May 16 2014 - 08:43 AM

The white looks good, I can understand the green (since you used the green eyes), but the red is too much. Just use black or something for those pieces instead and it will look much better. I would also suggest minimizing the green to just highlights.

The aesthetic looks good though. You did a good job of making a smoothly armored Hero. The blades look good, though a bit odd on his back.

Edited by Click, May 16 2014 - 08:47 AM.

~click.gif

14931368843_5d9241e78e.jpg

Rahkshi Corpus ProfilesBZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#5 Offline Waaja

Waaja
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 12-February 08
  • 282 posts
  •  

Posted May 16 2014 - 09:04 AM

The white looks good, I can understand the green (since you used the green eyes), but the red is too much. Just use black or something for those pieces instead and it will look much better. I would also suggest minimizing the green to just highlights.

The aesthetic looks good though. You did a good job of making a smoothly armored Hero. The blades look good, though a bit odd on his back.

Actually, the colour scheme resulted as I was limiting myself to only using pieces from Breakout Rocka and Breez (they're the most MOCable HF sets I have, due to the durability of their socket joints :/)

I imagined those blade on the back as coat-tails (for the fun of it), but I angled them up a little such that they wont hinder leg movement XD 

Thanks for your comment, it means a lot! ^^

Edited by Waaja, May 16 2014 - 09:18 AM.

Please do visit:

#6 Offline Cirkit8

Cirkit8
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 15-February 11
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 10 2014 - 06:27 PM

Not sure why, but the way the green and silver are together reminds me of "Speeda Demon". 
I like the build, I like the blades, especially how they're mounted on the wrist-armors, and I like the way they're stored.
I will say that for a 'Rocka' build, the gold is a little under-whelming. I know you're only working with the two set's parts, but the guy needs more Rocka in him than Breez, you know?

I can see this more being its own Hero-character than being another incarnation of Rocka.. Actually, in my mind, I much prefer that idea..!

Nice work! :) 

#7 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-November 11
  • 2,025 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 10 2014 - 11:30 PM

Huh, you managed to fit 6-7 colors in this MOC and it's still visually pleasing.  Strange.  Now I said it was visually pleasing not neat.  Don't worry I mean 'neat' as in 'not messy'.  It's rather odd that this color-scheme actually worked out...any way, I must say, I quite like those blade attachments.  As simple as their design is they look cool.

#8 Offline Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,257 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 11 2014 - 07:02 AM

While his design is quite interesting, and exudes a feeling of pretty much endless attack, the colour scheme is quite strange. The white on his lower legs feels unfitting, and the red doesn't exactly complement the rest of his body.

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#9 Offline Waaja

Waaja
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 12-February 08
  • 282 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 14 2014 - 04:41 AM

Not sure why, but the way the green and silver are together reminds me of "Speeda Demon". 
I like the build, I like the blades, especially how they're mounted on the wrist-armors, and I like the way they're stored.
I will say that for a 'Rocka' build, the gold is a little under-whelming. I know you're only working with the two set's parts, but the guy needs more Rocka in him than Breez, you know?

I can see this more being its own Hero-character than being another incarnation of Rocka.. Actually, in my mind, I much prefer that idea..!

Nice work! :)

I initially didn't created him as Rocka, but a "slash-happy" hero whom HF sends to do the 'not-so-pleasant' jobs/ (See my comments above). I gave him orange eyes to that effect, but after a while decided to switch back to Rocka's original eyes (and snapped the orange head's socket in the proces T.T)

Huh, you managed to fit 6-7 colors in this MOC and it's still visually pleasing.  Strange.  Now I said it was visually pleasing not neat.  Don't worry I mean 'neat' as in 'not messy'.  It's rather odd that this color-scheme actually worked out...any way, I must say, I quite like those blade attachments.  As simple as their design is they look cool.

I did keep in mind the colour scheme to make sure that it at least blended in. One piece in a colour would at least have another body part with the same colour; same with what they did for Breakout Breez, who had 3 main colours...

I did designed him in such a way his BL attachments worked something like that of the AGE Gundam; swapping the arms and legs equated to another form. Hence, the main torso is mostly still Breakout Rocka, while the arms, feet, and back were different.

While his design is quite interesting, and exudes a feeling of pretty much endless attack, the colour scheme is quite strange. The white on his lower legs feels unfitting, and the red doesn't exactly complement the rest of his body.

XD I guess I saw the red fitting in with that of the blades. From the accompanying pictures (I've taken apart the MOC for over a year now XD), I guess it'd seem out of place...The white tough, I guess accompanies the forearms and the hero core :X

Thank you all for your comments! >.<

Please do visit:

#10 Offline XxToaTahuxX

XxToaTahuxX
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 19-July 14
  • 36 posts

Posted Jul 21 2014 - 06:00 PM

The creation is pretty bright
But I'm not saying its bad

#11 Offline veeder

veeder
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 04-April 14
  • 34 posts

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 07:29 PM

If only this was an official combiner model...

I love this. The weapons, the storage, everything about it. There's nothing much I can say. Well done.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users