Rocka BL

Waaja

This place moves kind of slow; I'd fill the whole forum with my posts soon! >: D

IMG_1218.JPG

Name: Rocka BL

Description: With light-weight jet-boots, armour and, most notably, his twin blades, this upgrade of Rocka was made with efficiency of speed and attack in mind. Wrist-mounted blades equate to greater and easier slashing motions; they can also be stored on Rocka's back when not in use.

Comments: Just a small little side project using both Breakout Rocka and Breez again done in April 2013. I made this with sleekness in mind (think Gundam Exia). I initially gave him the orangey-red eyes, intending him to be a slash-happy figure, but I switched it over in the end, and cracked the orange head in the process : /

More Pictures:

IMG_1219.JPG

Action Pose

IMG_1221.JPG

Back view (blades stored)

IMG_1222.JPG

Front View (blades stored)

• Upvote 1
Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

The lime green kinda makes him look like a rainbow barfed on him XD. Cool way to attach the blades to the arms same way i use to attach my 2.(somethings) guns to its back. It looks like something we could see in an upgrade or some special mission armor.

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

The lime green kinda makes him look like a rainbow barfed on him XD. Cool way to attach the blades to the arms same way i use to attach my 2.(somethings) guns to its back. It looks like something we could see in an upgrade or some special mission armor.

I'd like to see your MOC :D

Thanks for your comment! :)

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

The white looks good, I can understand the green (since you used the green eyes), but the red is too much. Just use black or something for those pieces instead and it will look much better. I would also suggest minimizing the green to just highlights.

The aesthetic looks good though. You did a good job of making a smoothly armored Hero. The blades look good, though a bit odd on his back.

Edited by Click

The white looks good, I can understand the green (since you used the green eyes), but the red is too much. Just use black or something for those pieces instead and it will look much better. I would also suggest minimizing the green to just highlights.

The aesthetic looks good though. You did a good job of making a smoothly armored Hero. The blades look good, though a bit odd on his back.

Actually, the colour scheme resulted as I was limiting myself to only using pieces from Breakout Rocka and Breez (they're the most MOCable HF sets I have, due to the durability of their socket joints :/)

I imagined those blade on the back as coat-tails (for the fun of it), but I angled them up a little such that they wont hinder leg movement XD

Thanks for your comment, it means a lot! ^^

Edited by Waaja
Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure why, but the way the green and silver are together reminds me of "Speeda Demon".
I like the build, I like the blades, especially how they're mounted on the wrist-armors, and I like the way they're stored.
I will say that for a 'Rocka' build, the gold is a little under-whelming. I know you're only working with the two set's parts, but the guy needs more Rocka in him than Breez, you know?

I can see this more being its own Hero-character than being another incarnation of Rocka.. Actually, in my mind, I much prefer that idea..!

Nice work! :)

Huh, you managed to fit 6-7 colors in this MOC and it's still visually pleasing. Strange. Now I said it was visually pleasing not neat. Don't worry I mean 'neat' as in 'not messy'. It's rather odd that this color-scheme actually worked out...any way, I must say, I quite like those blade attachments. As simple as their design is they look cool.

Not sure why, but the way the green and silver are together reminds me of "Speeda Demon".

I like the build, I like the blades, especially how they're mounted on the wrist-armors, and I like the way they're stored.

I will say that for a 'Rocka' build, the gold is a little under-whelming. I know you're only working with the two set's parts, but the guy needs more Rocka in him than Breez, you know?

I can see this more being its own Hero-character than being another incarnation of Rocka.. Actually, in my mind, I much prefer that idea..!

Nice work! :)

I initially didn't created him as Rocka, but a "slash-happy" hero whom HF sends to do the 'not-so-pleasant' jobs/ (See my comments above). I gave him orange eyes to that effect, but after a while decided to switch back to Rocka's original eyes (and snapped the orange head's socket in the proces T.T)

Huh, you managed to fit 6-7 colors in this MOC and it's still visually pleasing. Strange. Now I said it was visually pleasing not neat. Don't worry I mean 'neat' as in 'not messy'. It's rather odd that this color-scheme actually worked out...any way, I must say, I quite like those blade attachments. As simple as their design is they look cool.

I did keep in mind the colour scheme to make sure that it at least blended in. One piece in a colour would at least have another body part with the same colour; same with what they did for Breakout Breez, who had 3 main colours...

I did designed him in such a way his BL attachments worked something like that of the AGE Gundam; swapping the arms and legs equated to another form. Hence, the main torso is mostly still Breakout Rocka, while the arms, feet, and back were different.

While his design is quite interesting, and exudes a feeling of pretty much endless attack, the colour scheme is quite strange. The white on his lower legs feels unfitting, and the red doesn't exactly complement the rest of his body.

XD I guess I saw the red fitting in with that of the blades. From the accompanying pictures (I've taken apart the MOC for over a year now XD), I guess it'd seem out of place...The white tough, I guess accompanies the forearms and the hero core :X

Thank you all for your comments! >.<

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

• 1 month later...