Hitman VIII: Codebreaker

Ehksidian

Bionicle Hitman: Codebreaker

The plot.

Over the years, various competitions have been held by the Shadowed One, all with the purpose of narrowing the ranks of his organization down to only the most competent and lethal assassins. However, in recent times, the Shadowed One has recognized the value of agents with skills surpassing simple homicide. He's looking for someone clever - someone sharp. Someone who can not only kill off all his fellow Hunters, but can also find out the secret identities of each and every one in the process.

The game.

In Hitman, you are attempting to assassinate all of the other players. You do this by PMing me with the name of the player you are targeting. In addition to your target's name, you will also PM me the murder method you will use in your assassination attempt. You have seven methods of murder to choose from.

Gun
Sledgehammer
Knife
Poison
Wire
Explosive
Flamethrower

sorry but no piano
You are not guaranteed a kill. Different assassins have different resistances and weaknesses against different weapons. When signing up for the game, you will PM me a list of all the murder methods and corresponding numerical values (one through seven). For example:

Gun: 1
Sledgehammer: 6
Knife: 4
Poison: 3
Wire: 2
Explosive: 7
Flamethrower: 5

This is your resistance profile. It tells me which weapons you are weak against and which weapons you are strong against. When someone attempts to kill you, I will roll a die. If the number falls below your resistance for the chosen weapon, you will survive. If not, you die. For example, if someone targeted you with a flamethrower, I would roll a die. If my die landed on anything below 5, you would survive the attempt. If you were targeted with a knife attack, and I rolled below 4, you'd live. If this requires any clarification, let me know, and I'll do my best to explain it to you.

Each round will take about 48 hours, including plenty of time in which to PM me your target and weapon of choice. If you fail to send me the name of a target and a weapon of choice, you will take no action that round.

What happens when multiple people attack the same target?
I will calculate the assassination attempts chronologically. The first person to PM me that target's name will receive first dibs on the assassination attempt. If he fails, the next person will get a shot, and so on.

What happens if the last two/three/etc. people all kill each other?
There can only be one survivor, so if the last few assassins all kill each other I will reroll.

The twist(s).

Unlike any Hitman game previously, every player will have a codename. This will be the name of a canon Dark Hunter which I will assign to you upon your signup. In every scene, you will be referred to only by your codename, until the point where you die. For example:

The Shadowed One snuck up behind Ancient and stabbed him in the throat with an icepick. He didn't know what hit him - literally - and died with a strangled hiccup. Before the body hit the ground, however, Lariska swooped down from the shadows and smacked The Shadowed One in the head with a baseball bat, but he managed to survive the blow.
[...]
Fighty [Ancient] has been eliminated.

Additionally, you can only target a player by their codename, not their username. This means that you are not required to know anyone's codename to win, although figuring them out will definitely be advantageous.
This should hopefully add a decent element of strategy and mystery to the game, while still keeping the focus of the game on the killing and not shifting it entirely the deciphering of codenames.

As a bonus, there is now an option to choose your weapon, your target, or both totally randomly! I'll run the RNG to decide who to kill and what weapon you'll be using.

The payroll.

These are your fellow assassins. Eliminated targets are marked in red.

Usernames:
1. Voxumo (Dweller), killed by JiMing (Vanisher)
2. Burnmad (Eliminator), killed by Sybre (Silence)
3. Flaredrick (Lurker), killed by LOTR Nui (Primal)
4. Kopekemaster (Gatherer), killed by JiMing (Vanisher)
5. ShadowVezon (Minion), killed by Norik (Guardian)
6. Lhikevikk (Mimic), killed by Ehks (Conjurer)
7. Axilus Charger) - Victor
8. Sybre (Silence), killed by Flaredrick (Lurker)
9. Norik (Guardian), killed by Ehks (Conjurer)
10. JiMing (Vanisher), killed by Blade (Phantom)
11. Pulse (Darkness), killed by Burnmad (Eliminator)
12. LOTR Nui (Primal), killed by Lhikevikk (Mimic)
13. Blade (Phantom), killed by Voxumo (Dweller)
14. Voltex (Tyrant), killed by ShadowVezon (Minion)
15. Ehks (Conjurer), killed by LOTR Nui (Primal)

Codenames:
Minion
Charger
Tyrant
Conjurer
Darkness
Dweller
Guardian
Phantom
Eliminator
Mimic
Gatherer
Lurker
Primal
Vanisher

Silence

(The codenames do not correspond numerically to the numbers on the player list; they will be distributed randomly.)

The rules.

1. Use only a single PM to send in your targets - that is, don't start a new PM each round; just add a reply to the existing PM.
2. No changing targets. I will accept the first PM you send me, and will ignore any others you send in an attempt to switch your target.
3. No complaining about outcomes. I am not biased; I am genuinely just rolling the RNG. This game is a little bit of strategy with a whole lot of luck.

Most of this post was copied or paraphrased from Baltarc's Hitman Lite description which was mostly copied or paraphrased from Fighty's original description of the game.

Edited by ChroXumo
  • Upvote 3

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Hmm, so it begins I suppose.

tumblr_inline_mmgshqFMGz1qz4rgp.png

Sign me up for Spot 10. (My secondary codename is PHOENIX ZERO: ACE MAVERICK HUNTING ATTORNEY and don't you forget it)

phoenix-objecting.gif

I MEAN IT.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Spot 4. About to email you my profile.

And by the lack thereof, I'm guessing you don't approve of the pianoforte as a [il]legal weapon?

I am going to gut you and end you and rip you to pieces.

Spot 14 then because that guy up there hogged my secondary spot and now I can't kill him ughughugh

And by the lack thereof, I'm guessing you don't approve of the pianoforte as a [il]legal weapon?

Spot 14 then because that guy up there hogged my secondary spot and now I can't kill him ughughugh

Hey hey hey this was Chro's idea I didn't have anything to do with it

Oh wait you were talking about the spot. Nevermind that previous comment.

Well, yeah I stole it. 4 is my lucky number, dontcha know.

Or maybe you were talking about MAVERICK ATTORNEY HUNTER ACE PHOENIX

idk

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Hey would have taken spot 18 but no... we can't have that number eh?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

MAVERICK ATTORNEY HUNTER ACE PHOENIX

OBJECTION! IT'S PHOENIX ZERO: ACE MAVERICK HUNTING ATTORNEY!

I swear, I will find out who you are, and you will feel the wrath of both my Z-Saber and gavel!

Ah yes that is right.. We always do tend to share spots next to each other..

And question chro can I attempt to kill the host? Just for old times sake?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

QUICK! SOMEONE SNAG #14 BEFORE AGNES OBLIGE CAN!

I want to see who he kills first. Probably me. **snif**

wow how many death threats can i rack up today i dont even know

Edited by Kopekemaster

To: The host of the next round 5/15/14

Dear Sir, Madame, or otherwise,

I would humbly suggest that in the round that you, the host of Bionicle Hitman IX, promote, you create two additional spots, labelled "18" and "19", reserved for Voxumo and Agnes Oblige, respectively.

I submit the matter into your hands, and trust that you will choose what is best for the game, and the community as a whole.

-Kopekemaster

To: The host of the next round 5/15/14

Dear Sir, Madame, or otherwise,

I would humbly suggest that in the round that you, the host of Bionicle Hitman IX, promote, you create two additional spots, labelled "18" and "19", reserved for Voxumo and Agnes Oblige, respectively.

I submit the matter into your hands, and trust that you will choose what is best for the game, and the community as a whole.

-Kopekemaster

no. i won't.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Alright seems like at least six people have signed up

Actually no, three of them were Kopekemaster

Swell

Unfortunately I am tired and require rest so it is possible that this will not be updated until tomorrow morning

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

wow how many death threats can i rack up today i dont even know

Would you really like to find out?

And you should really learn to check up on your knowledge of us beforehand.

phoenix-document(b).gif

First, you botch my title. Then, you refer to Voltex by his current username Agnes Oblige even though scenes featuring him have clearly shown his actual name of Voltex.

tumblr_inline_mkugg7pCZH1rvwn9e.jpg

You'd best not make similar mistakes again....

Edited by Edea Lee

well that might've been intentional

and by might have been I mean definitely was

but he's requested that I fix it so w/e

Well, my butchering was intentional too, for those of you who didn't pick up on that.

But there are so many levels of sarcasm going on here, I don't even know what anymore.

Intentionally butchering my name?

Chro is lucky he's the host of the game... But Kopekemaster? If I find out your codename, you are most certainly, 100% DEAD.

it's really not as complicated as you might think

No no... just meaning that i will have no idea how to start since I won't have my trusty ole icepick target to rely on..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu