If you could make a Bionicle Video Game...

...What would it be? Where would it be set? Who would be in it? Who would you play as? Would it follow the Bionicle storyline, or would it have its own story?

For me, I would have it set on Metru Nui in a Skyrim type of game. You could explore the whole island as a Matoran, Toa, or Dark Hunter. You could choose what Kanohi Masks to wear and what weapons to use. You could also choose to do main story missions or side missions. It would follow the 04 storyline, with cannon characters making appearances here and there. Exploring all of Metru Nui in a game like this would be really cool IMO.

But that is me. What kind of Bionicle video game would you make if you could?

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Something Bionicle always lacked was an honest-to-goodness Real Time Strategy game. I mean sure there was Battle for Mata Nui, but it was pretty cheap as far as RTS games go.

So, with that in mind I'd make an RTS game set in an alternate universe where Makuta won the Battle of Bara Magna and was actually able to move forward with his plans for universal domination. With legions of Skakdi, Rahkshi, Visorak, and other foul Rahi beasts at your command, you would invade planets ruled by LEGO's most iconic villains: Mech One, Ogel, Vladek, and the Martians. Probably including both a campaign mode involving Makuta conquering the LEGO universe and a skirmish mode, where you could play as the other LEGO villains featured in the game.

I think I'd call it "Pax Makuta".

• Upvote 2

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

I would want a video game about Vezon's Dimensional Hopping adventures. Probably RPG style, only with few twists: any quest can be disregarded, so the player can go to the Final Boss without doing any of the subquests, and if they can find a way to beat it...

Also the questing system forces the player to think like Vezon, having to decide between seemingly outrageous choices as the game progresses. For added fun, make it first-person like the MNOG so the player is left wondering who in the world they are playing as who would consider such crazy things until the very end. (Darnzyville, I just spoiled it. Oh wells, they won't make this game anyway. :P)

• Upvote 3

A Bionicle Super Smash Bros. :D

Either that or I'd go with Smoke Monster's Skyrim idea. Though, having an "Island of Doom" to explore sounds really cool... or even just the Island of Mata Nui, or Bara Magna... the possibilities are endless. (instead of collecting dragon shouts, you could collect new masks, and those would be the "unlockable powers" in the game. :)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

I don't quite know how this would theoretically be managed, but I'd go for a Battlefront-style game. One would probably have to mangle the canon in order to make that happen, but I don't care. Battlefront.

• Upvote 3

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I don't quite know how this would theoretically be managed, but I'd go for a Battlefront-style game. One would probably have to mangle the canon in order to make that happen, but I don't care. Battlefront.

A battlefront style game taking place during the Toa-Dark Hunter war. It could cover every major scene currently known, like Nidhiki's betrayal, or Lhikan's duel with the Dark hunter "Vengeance". It could allow players to customize their own Toa or Dark hunter (within limits, of course). And there could be online multiplayer... (trails off and begins rambling)

• Upvote 3

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

A battlefront style game taking place during the Toa-Dark Hunter war. It could cover every major scene currently known, like Nidhiki's betrayal, or Lhikan's duel with the Dark hunter "Vengeance". It could allow players to customize their own Toa or Dark hunter (within limits, of course). And there could be online multiplayer... (trails off and begins rambling)

That'd actually be quite fun. The Toa-Dark Hunter War hasn't really been looked into that much.

Or we could try the BoM/OotM War as a setting for that as well.

• Upvote 1

RTS hands down. Been dreaming forever for this.

Set during the 1000 year BoM-DH war. The Toa, being enemies of the recently outed BoM and hates the DH for pretty much everything, sets the stage for a thee-way slugfest of an RTS.

Of course, "Toa don't kill" so it wouldn't be normal Toa per se, but like a renegade organisation of Toa, Matoran, Turaga etc.

And I realised that others were thinking the same too. Hmm...

The guy with Legend of the Toa- Skyrim did not quit, people just assume that from the forums. He's just being lazy.

Im actually making a video game myself. Its a mod for halo (modification). We need lots of moders and lots of bionicle fans in order to carry it out. I need your input and ideas. It is also easy to mod halo, and you can get halo by searching "HALO CUSTOM EDITION PORTABLE VERSION DOWNLOAD FILEPLANNET" in your browser (i recommend using startpage.com, it doesn't track your searches and steal your information). Halo portable custom edition can also play on admin protected accounts so you can play it at the library or even at school... I'm still a teenager and my parents hate video games lol.

HERE IS THE LINK TO MY FORM: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=46174

***And actually it is related to the topic, Administrator. I understand your concern, but please read my posts first. Thank you.***

Edited by PolarMonkey

I think it would be cool to have a story-based adventure for pretty much any year. It would be first-person, and have plenty of enemies to battle and puzzles to solve. Probably the first year would lend itself best to this, as the character could collect Kanohi to get to the next area.

CHECK OUT MY BIONICLE HALO MOD FORM!!! We need lots of moders and lots of bionicle fans! Its easy to mod halo, and you can get HALO by searching "HALO CUSTOM EDITION PORTABLE VERSION DOWNLOAD FILEPLANNET" in your browser (i recommend using startpage.com, it doesn't track your searches and steal your information). Halo portable custom edition can also play on admin protected accounts so you can play it at the library or even at school... I'm still a teenager and my parents hate video games lol.

HERE IS THE LINK TO MY FORM: http://forum.halomap...c&topicID=46174

Please stay on topic and do not advertise your project in someone else's topic. Future posts along these lines will be deleted.

Realistically, I would've liked more RPG games (like The Legend of Mata Nui was meant to be) for the various years of Bionicle, to let fans explore the different locations in much greater depth than was possible, particularly given the relatively little interactive content of Bionicle's later years.

More daringly, an RTS (as some have already said) would be very interesting, though with the complexity of the storyline it's not obvious to me exactly what teams/races/civilisations all the different characters and creatures would be grouped into.

Realistically, I would've liked more RPG games (like The Legend of Mata Nui was meant to be) for the various years of Bionicle, to let fans explore the different locations in much greater depth than was possible, particularly given the relatively little interactive content of Bionicle's later years.

More daringly, an RTS (as some have already said) would be very interesting, though with the complexity of the storyline it's not obvious to me exactly what teams/races/civilisations all the different characters and creatures would be grouped into.

Well, a timeframe of the BoM/DH/Toa war would help a little. BoM would have Makuta, Rahkshi, Visorak etc. DH would have unsavoury types like Skakdi, Steltians and the like. Toa would be Turaga, Matoran and... Wait for it... Toa.

An interesting idea is Vortixx working all three sides as neutral arms dealers.

Well, a timeframe of the BoM/DH/Toa war would help a little. BoM would have Makuta, Rahkshi, Visorak etc. DH would have unsavoury types like Skakdi, Steltians and the like. Toa would be Turaga, Matoran and... Wait for it... Toa.

I don't know every last detail about these, but in terms of both numbers and firepower the Makuta side seem to have a major advantage over the others. I mean, Matoran vs Rahkshi and Visorak combined?

I would make a sandobx-style remake of the MNOG, with loads of side quests, collectibles an' whatnot. I'd throw some RPG elements in there, but instead of leveling the character up, I'd base the "points" on lego pieces you find lying around and retool to be used as weapons to defend yourself against Rahi. You could increase the striking range, attack power an' all that with certain pieces. For example, if the handle of a weapon is a technic rod that's three studs long, it won't reach as far as one that's six studs long. The entire island would be filled with places to explore, even places that were never in the MNOG, like the smaller islands to the south an' whatnot. You would mainly play as Takua, but there would be stratches where you'd play as a Toa, like during a boss fight or laval surfing as Tahu. Overall, it would just be crazy.

• Upvote 2

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Definitely something along the lines of Skyrim, as people have suggested above.

Sweet graphics, customization, loads of Kanohi, etc.

Speaking of which, there is a Bionicle-Skyrim mod in the works by a Russian dude somewhere in the interwebs...

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Definitely something along the lines of Skyrim, as people have suggested above.

Sweet graphics, customization, loads of Kanohi, etc.

Speaking of which, there is a Bionicle-Skyrim mod in the works by a Russian dude somewhere in the interwebs...

Unfortunately I heard he quit, but I think there is Bionicle race mod still around that is in the works.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

I would want a video game about Vezon's Dimensional Hopping adventures. Probably RPG style, only with few twists: any quest can be disregarded, so the player can go to the Final Boss without doing any of the subquests, and if they can find a way to beat it...

Also the questing system forces the player to think like Vezon, having to decide between seemingly outrageous choices as the game progresses. For added fun, make it first-person like the MNOG so the player is left wondering who in the world they are playing as who would consider such crazy things until the very end. (Darnzyville, I just spoiled it. Oh wells, they won't make this game anyway. :P)

That would be amazing.

I personally would think something along the lines of a Zelda and Jak & Daxter mix - seemless, open world, with puzzle solving and platforming, or perhaps a fighter featuring a large cast of characters.

• Upvote 1

I don't know every last detail about these, but in terms of both numbers and firepower the Makuta side seem to have a major advantage over the others. I mean, Matoran vs Rahkshi and Visorak combined?

Why not? In Legacy of Evil (Bionicle Legends #4) it was stated that the BoM were surprisingly have a lot of trouble with the DH due to the Great Cataclysm and the scattering of Visorak.

Hit-and-run guerilla warfare > giant sledgehammer of technology.

Maybe the Visorak have a limit per game, Rahkshi take a long time and lotsbof resources, and only one Makuta Unit at a time to limit the BoM player's might?

Matoran would be worker units I guess. Perhaps the weakness of the Toa side could be compensated by good structures because Matoram are hardworking.

The Toa side might be changed to the Order of Mata Nui if it's still too unbalanced to allow for super-tech and crazy powerful single units.

Edited by Just Norik

Why not? In Legacy of Evil (Bionicle Legends #4) it was stated that the BoM were surprisingly have a lot of trouble with the DH due to the Great Cataclysm and the scattering of Visorak.

Hit-and-run guerilla warfare > giant sledgehammer of technology.

I was comparing them to the Toa/Matoran side, not the Dark Hunters. Toa have power but lack numbers, and Matoran have numbers but lack power. Only the Makuta side can definitely boast both.

Maybe the Visorak have a limit per game, Rahkshi take a long time and lotsbof resources, and only one Makuta Unit at a time to limit the BoM player's might?

These are contrived limits and not very accurate to the story.

Perhaps the weakness of the Toa side could be compensated by good structures because Matoram are hardworking.

In a whole thousand years on Mata Nui, the Matoran managed to build...a bunch of huts. :P

The Toa side might be changed to the Order of Mata Nui if it's still too unbalanced to allow for super-tech and crazy powerful single units.

That would be a much better solution, although I don't recall the Order having very much presence in the story (largely due to them being introduced quite late on).

Yes, I realise that there are several issues I agree with, but consider this:

These are contrived limits and not very accurate to the story.

Perhaps the weakness of the Toa side could be compensated by good structures because Matoram are hardworking.

In a whole thousand years on Mata Nui, the Matoran managed to build...a bunch of huts. :P

I think that putting a limit on Makuta Units makes sense since there were like less than 100 Makuta left during the war and not all came out onto the field of battle. As for the Rahkshi, it takes energised proto (rare)and two Kraata at a time to make one. The Visorak Horde was scattered, so it makes sense that only a few would be available for a commander in a given theatre of war.

Additionally, not all Rahkshi would be available for use for example invincibilty or adaptation, because those are way too powerful.

The other point, about 1000 years of hut-building :P that was because the Matoran had no access to all the tech in Metru Nui. The Matoran in the game are in the MU and I believe that a sizeable proportion live in cities and have access to that tech.

Also, I don't think the Toa faction would be normal Matoran and Toa, because there might be a lot of killing involved, so perhaps a militant, rogue faction of them? Then they would put emphasis on using Matoran hardworking-ness to construct static war buildings and emplacements.

I dunno, it's just an idea I had.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably an MMORPG. Set on Spherus Magna, customisable character, completing quests allows you to play as in-story characters, boss fights etc.

Or just a massive brawl set in The Battle of Bara Magna. So you would have to fight your way through a ton of Rahkshi, Skakdi, Skrall etc., and then get the Golden Armour in boss battles.

Or a canon version of Heroes.

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

Has absolutely zero chances of ever happening, but a Mortal Kombat style game set on bara magna, with "fatalities" and things like that, would be really interesting. The finishers would probably be more like those in Killer Instinct, to keep a T rating.

• Upvote 1

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Has absolutely zero chances of ever happening, but a Mortal Kombat style game set on bara magna, with "fatalities" and things like that, would be really interesting. The finishers would probably be more like those in Killer Instinct, to keep a T rating.

That and normally combatants in Bara Magna don't have fatalities, (at least it's against the rules lol)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

I would make an FPS of Destiny War as either an Order of Mata Nui agent or a Brotherhood of Makuta servant (i.e. Rahkshi, Visorak, Exo-Toa). It would have a story mode going across the universe in different battles with the boss being Metru Nui and a combat mode where you just combat each other, like FPS's should be.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

I'd make it kind of like a shooter game, though with more melee emphasis than most shooter games have. The goal of the system would be to balance melee, ranged attacks, and abilities. From the pause menu you'd be able to map certain abilities or weapons to certain buttons in a Skyrim-like manner, since most characters would have so many options available to them that it'd be madness to try to fit everything they can do to one control setup.

However, it would not be open world, it would be more like Halo, WFC, or FOC, for the sake of a stronger narrative and more focused gameplay. There would be enough room for map exploration, easter eggs, and the like though.

I'd have it set during the 2006-2008 story arc. The ending would show Mata Nui rising, but not show the part where his eyes turn red, so as to give a satisfying ending. Then if a sequel were to be made, the opening cutscene would re-show Mata Nui rising, show his eyes turn red, etc, and then the 2009-2010 story arc.

From that point on the sequel would alternate between the stuff on Bara Magna and the stuff inside the MU before coming to the finale, at which point you must take control of Mata Nui in the Prototype Robot and actually win a satisfying bossfight. Seriously, that rock to the head ending was anticlimactic.

Both games, naturally, would be massive. Over 20 levels each, with as many characters playable as possible, both good and bad.

• Upvote 1

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I'd say that in that game there would have to be room for both a good campaign and an evil campaign. In the first one, it works fine because both factions had the goal of awakening Mata Nui. But in the second, each campaign would have a different ending.

For good, you reach the Great Spirit Brain and destroy a vital component just as Teridax begins fighting Mata Nui. Teridax tries to teleport you away, but instead your spirit is separated from your body and ends up forced into the prototype robot alongside Mata Nui, who lets you help him fight Teridax...and the final boss battle begins. The MU robot is stronger, but Teridax is glitching occasionally due to the damage you did, and you have Mata Nui to help you. The ending is much the same as in the official story: Mata Nui fixes the world, retreats within the Ignika, et cetera. But before he goes, he gives his people a final message: remember [your name], the greatest hero of all.

And now the evil ending! This time you reach the Great Spirit Brain and essentially put Teridax at gunpoint, forcing him to submit to your terms or let the world end. The deal: he is forced to promise you survival by downloading your spirit into the Brain. But you double-cross him by destroying one of the components just as your spirit leaves your body, letting you shove him out of the way and take control of the robot. Of course, now you have to not only fight Mata Nui's prototype robot body, but simultaneously keep Teridax from regaining control, so despite your robot being stronger you're a little occupied. Once you crush Mata Nui and Teridax, you see Teridax's former army take control of Bara Magna. You look up to the heavens and send out a message of warning: I am [your name]. The universe is mine.

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I would make Spherus Magna Online Game! You get to explore the world and need to find your purpose, just like MNOLG. The climax of the game would be the battle of mata nui and makuta. I have no idea what the plot would be.

banner1.png

Probably something set in original 2001 Mata Nui or original Metru Nui. Focus on a Matoran completing some task not related to canon Mass Effect style, focussing on the relationships that matoran builds with others. Something like MNOLG meets Teltails Walking Dead game.

Edit: I would love to see the voice talent of actors such as Michael Dorn (Mata Nui in The Legent Reborn - And also Worf from TNG)

Edited by Dakuru N-Z

Personally, I always loved the exploration and item collection of MNOG 2 and VNOG, so I'd love to see a 3D version of that sort of adventure game.

For the story, I would lean towards a non canon one to avoid any copyright conflicts or accuracy flaws. It would however stick close to the canon, maybe even tying in at key points.

Every hero is born from his enemy; every leader, his followers; and every father, his children.

My 3D printing designs on Thingiverse

I would hope for MNOGIII, and my version would probably have the following:

• quests
  • 3D open-world exploration
  • the choice of being a character already in the story or making a new one entirely
  • at least all of the original kanohi masks

As for the actual storyline of it, maybe it would consist of all of the events in the early storyline on Mata Nui, from 2001-2003, mainly the following:

• finding kanohi masks
  • fighting Makuta
  • fighting the Bohrok
  • fighting the Bahrag
  • Kolhii
  • fighting the Rahkshi
  • collecting Nuva masks

6EDaWFY.png

BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata-Nui remake! In between Toa levels, you could play a chapter of a 3D remake of Mata-Nui online game. Just like in LOMN, you would fight the mud boss, Hydra, Tornado thing, fire drake, ice monster and stone creature. Pohatus level had you make a natural disaster-landslide-and in the remake, it should give you the option to use the matatu to fix it rather than just having you slide down it in the game. Insted of 8 levels, it would have like 20 levels mostly just MNOG though... Also, when you unlock the VAHI at the end, there should be some really cool cutscenes or something. When kopaka has to sled down the mountain he should be being chases by rahi and have to like find a mask on the slope somehow. DREAM GAME RIGHT THERE. I think I got a little carried away...

I'd make a few videogames. 

First would be an FPS, as others have mentioned, and it would be set during the DH-Toa or BoM War(s), as others have mentioned. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Second would be a Titanfall-style videogame. You're a Toa in an alternate universe where Toa are basically sellswords, ExoToa being the Titans. It'd play similar to Titanfall, with a storyline that somehow involves Dark Hunters and the BoM, though not aligned with any side. Non-canon.

Third would be an RPG, a blend of Fallout/Skyrim (since they play similarly, if you think about it) with some Dark Souls combat thrown in. You'd play as some race, each with their own perks, or a renegade Toa, which is even in all, with a slight emphasis in strength.

Fourth would be a Civ-type game. You're a Turaga, controlling a village as it expands and grows.

Fifth would be an MMO, set in Spherus Magna or in Metru Nui, the frormer being after the main storyline and the latter set around the Toa-DH war, with the option to pick which side you're on in the second setting. Think KOTOR.

• Upvote 1

I've got a few ideas.

-The obligatory Toa/Dark Hunter War idea.  Something along the Transformers: War for Cybertron series, but in Metru Nui.  For story/campaign mode, you'd get to play as Lhikan, Nidhiki, Naho, etc. and for multiplayer, you'd get to make your own custom Toa or Dark Hunter.

-A Soul Calibur-style fighter with Glatorian.  You'd get every character from 2009, and possibly even the ability to make a custom one.  If I remember correctly, didn't 2009 have some Glatorian fighter game?  Still, this would be more along the lines of a traditional 3D fighter, over-the-top special moves, combos, cheesy pre-battle/winning quotes and all.

-An action-adventure game in the style of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, covering the 2001-2003 story arc.  Instead of Force powers, you collect masks and get mask powers.  You start off with one Toa (I'm thinking either Kopaka just like in the comics, or Poster Boy Tahu), and unlock the rest as you complete stages, and can freely switch between them.  The final boss battle would be Takanuva vs. Teridax.  Maybe there could be a DLC storyline where you play as the Toa Mata before they crashed on Aqua Magna.  Like, while they were still training and that one time when they went to Karda Nui.

-A game about Helryx's early quests and adventures starting with her creation as a Toa.  I'm thinking something along the lines of Devil May Cry/Bayonetta.

-A Smash Bros-esque party fighter where just about every canister set character is playable.  Or at least as many as they can fit.  Not sure how they'd handle characters who have been released multiple times, though.  You'd get items a la Smash Bros, like disk launchers (which work like the laser gun), a Zatth (summons a random Rahi, basically like the Pokeballs), among others.  Whichever characters got Stars sets would get their Stars versions as unlockable alternate costumes.

Edited by Shinken Green
  • Upvote 1

-A Soul Calibur-style fighter with Glatorian.  You'd get every character from 2009, and possibly even the ability to make a custom one.  If I remember correctly, didn't 2009 have some Glatorian fighter game?  Still, this would be more along the lines of a traditional 3D fighter, over-the-top special moves, combos, cheesy pre-battle/winning quotes and all.

Yes, 2009 had a Glatorian Game: http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Glatorian_Arena

Additionally, it had two sequels which were progressively better IMO, Glatorian Arenas 2 and 3 respectively, and GA 3 was amazing on multiple levels.