• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Two Songs from the Upcoming Musical: Mysterious Island

Musical 2001 Maku Kapura Hahli

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Azani

Azani
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 363 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 08:17 PM

The script for Mysterious Island, the musical film which I've been working on re-telling the 2001 story, is well underway, and I've put together these two songs together for your viewing pleasure. One of them, He is Makuta, fits in the part of the script that this sneak preview features, and the other, Oh Jala, is the first in the script, being sung in the second scene of the film. Please enjoy the songs. Also, please give feedback on one or both of the songs if you have the time; I'd appreciate any tips to help to make Mysterious Island better. As a small side note, you can expect the first chapter of the script to be online in the short stories forum on this site by this next Saturday night.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew, May 20 2014 - 08:19 PM.

I can also be found under the username Azani on SolisMagna.com and the BioMediaProject forums. Check out SolisMagna.com, as it is exactly what we need to maintain interest in Bionicle. Also, I highly recommend [url=http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/11507-bionicle-nova-orbis-new-world/Nova Orbis, an awesome comic series by NickonAquaMagna.

Check out the script for Mysterious Island, an adaption/reboot of the 2001 Bionicle story which I am writing. It's also a musical.

Bionicle is returning in 2015!

#2 Offline Jovan2

Jovan2
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 254 posts
  •  

Posted May 21 2014 - 08:20 AM

Trust me. You don't want to make a Bionicle musical.

#3 Offline Azani

Azani
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 363 posts

Posted May 21 2014 - 10:00 AM

I'm already quite a ways into the process of planning and writing a Bionicle musical, actually. Have you ever tried to make a Bionicle musical?

I can also be found under the username Azani on SolisMagna.com and the BioMediaProject forums. Check out SolisMagna.com, as it is exactly what we need to maintain interest in Bionicle. Also, I highly recommend [url=http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/11507-bionicle-nova-orbis-new-world/Nova Orbis, an awesome comic series by NickonAquaMagna.

Check out the script for Mysterious Island, an adaption/reboot of the 2001 Bionicle story which I am writing. It's also a musical.

Bionicle is returning in 2015!

#4 Offline Indigogeek

Indigogeek
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 451 posts
  •  

Posted May 21 2014 - 10:57 AM

Hmm, personally I welcome this. I like to welcome all fan projects in this community with open arms, and this is no exception :). Arthaka, I wish you luck on the script :)

Edited by takua123, May 21 2014 - 10:59 AM.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

#5 Offline Sidy

Sidy
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 38 posts
  •  

Posted May 21 2014 - 10:29 PM

I must respectfully and most heartily disagree. :bah-sign:

Greetings, fellow Bionicle musical enthusiast! I feel you have an excellent start here; classical theatrical music patterns, jumps, and tempos, good lyrics and a strong, lovely voice. I would harp a bit on the microphone quality and the use of human allusions (IE 'damsel in distress'), but I know from personal experience that microphones are difficult to begin with and especially rough on theatrical-level singing, and the stylization of the lyrics is definitely up to the person writing them. What's important is that you have excellent foundations, and have actually written songs. Do you have some way of playing and recording instrumentals for these songs? Also, it's best to ensure that they are sung in keys good for your voice. For the most part they flowed well, but there were a couple points that sounded a tad high. Still, all in all, practice really does make perfect, even on the stickler notes. I am definitely keeping an eye on this project, and can't wait to see more of it! :D Is there anything you would like contributed aside from feedback?

Edited by Sidy, May 21 2014 - 10:30 PM.

Did you know that insanity is contagious? I've been spreading it for years!

All hail Makuta Teridax that creepy guy to my right,Master of Shadows.

#6 Offline Oroki

Oroki
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 202 posts

Posted Jun 03 2014 - 08:11 PM

A Bionicle musical! Magnificent! :superfunny:

Ehe... for some reason I find this idea hilarious. But it makes sense for Bionicle. If I had to explain the plot to somebody who had never heard of Bionicle before, it would probably sound like a musical to start with

:biorules: I support this. Are you still looking for musicians or composers? If so, feel free to PM me.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users