Mesonak

Hey, my name is Mesonak,

XIII just ended, but now I'm back,

I'm just posting this to briefly say,

Another new game is on the way,

From the one, the only, MT Zehvor,

Everybody should join to settle the score,

Tournament of Champions will start with the moon,

He'll be by to post the rules... pretty soon.

-Mesonak

• Upvote 5

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

The year is 2X75. The last Agori is in captivity. The Skrall Empire is at peace.

Fifteen days ago, Mata Nui was killed in combat by the mighty Tuma. The villages of Bara Magna are now little more than dust scattered amongst the sand, their villagers and warriors slaughtered by the mighty empire after Mata Nui's defeat. You yourself are part of that empire...but simply being a part of the most dominant force in the history of this deserted landscape is not enough. You desire more. Power, fame...and riches, if there are any to be had. What once seemed impossible...is now perhaps firmly within reach, thanks to a certain posting on your barracks' wall this morning.

======

Attention all warriors! The Tournament of Champions is currently seeking the strongest, fastest, and best contestants from the Skrall Empire! Prove your worth, defeat the other challengers in battle...and a lifetime of fame and reward is yours.

======

The announcement is almost too good to be true. After all...you have nothing to lose, right? If you taste defeat, you simply return to life as before. Win, and you would become famous beyond belief. And with no Glatorian alive to interfere, the tournament could not possibly be interrupted.

======

“There it is,” Ackar muttered, pointing to Roxtus, the Skrall's home. “That accursed fortress.”

“...are we really going to do this?” Strakk asked. “This is assured suicide, you all realize.”

“What, Strakk balking at a chance to cheat in battle? This is a moment for the history books,” Tarix joked.

“We have nothing left here,” Ackar said. “Mata Nui, Kiina, the Agori...they're all dead. Soon, we will be too. If we're going down, we might as well go down swinging.”

“I agree,” Vastus added. “There is absolutely nothing for us here.”

“Then it's settled,” Gresh interrupted. “We'll camp here for the night. Tomorrow...we make our move.”

“...great,” Strakk muttered. “Well, I guess dying in combat is better than dying in the desert...”

=====

WELCOME TO THE TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS!

The Skrall are fresh off a dominant rout of the surrounding villages, and have finally claimed Bara Magna for their own. To celebrate, a tournament featuring the best fighters from the Skrall army is being hosted...and the winner will gain incredible fame and accolade.

...that was the plan, at least. This tournament will not go uncontested, however. The last five surviving Glatorian in existence have spent the past two weeks evading the slaughter by using disguises and stealth...and they have grown quite proficient at both.

Now, they seek revenge. Taking on an entire army would be suicide, however...so their revenge will start small, and, they hope, grow into something larger. Step one is to turn the Tournament of Champions into a bloodbath of revenge.

The fight starts now.

=====

WHO'S WHO?

Skrall Warriors (17): Eager to sign up for a chance at glory, these Skrall have put themselves right in the path of the Glatorians' revenge. They wouldn't have it any other way. Each day, they will hope to emerge victorious in combat (more on that later), as well as determine the real Skrall from the fakes. That said, their options for determining who is real and who is pretend are somewhat limited; it would simply not do to kill off Tuma's source entertainment. Instead, the warriors will band together, discuss, and eventually vote, on who to kill.

Glatorian (5): These five are the last known living Glatorian, and they have come for revenge. The Glatorian seek to eradicate all of the Skralls' “champions,” and with clever disguises, elemental powers, and the Skralls' general stupidity, they may very well have what it takes to do so. By day, they will pretend to simply be a part of the Skrall community. By night...they will become deadly assassins.

Trickster (1): This Skrall was injured badly in a battle years ago, but has more than compensated for that with an emphasis on trickery and illusion. Each night, he/she can choose two players, and swap the events that will happen to them, which can change who is killed, who is placed on a suspect list, etc. The Trickster can select themselves as one of the swapping parties.

Unfortunately, the injury has diminished the Trickster's skill in combat. If the Trickster does not win a battle in the first round (more on that later), he/she will lose the battle.

Captain of the Guard (1): This Skrall was well trained in the art of tracking, so he recognizes clues. Provided he is alive, he will compile a list of four suspects for any Glatorian killing. Should he die, however, he will not be able to compile this list, and it will be all up to the surviving contestants to figure out who was responsible.

He Who Masterminds the Game (1): Little is known about this mysterious entity, other than he has been entrusted with organizing the tournament. His ends, means, and goals are unknown, but his power, despite lacking physically, is unmatched. Determining who fights who in the arena is just part of his vast arsenal of abilities. It is said that death itself may not be enough to stop this determined individual.

AS DIFFERENT AS NIGHT AND DAY

This game, like all Mafia games, is split up into day and night cycles. This time, however, the “night” cycles will involve a bit more than simply waiting for the Mafia to come to a decision.

DURING THE DAY, two things will happen. First off, a lynch vote will occur for last night's killing. The vote will work like it does for pretty much any other game. 24 hour voting period, vote switches are allowed up to twice. Tuma has decreed that the criminal must be found, however, so there will be no “null” count (if five people null and three people vote for a suspect, the suspect will still die). Tie votes among the “first place” suspects will result in a double, triple, or even quadruple hang. The only exception to this is if somehow no one voted at all, in which case no one would die.

Also during the day will be an ARENA BATTLE/multiple arena battles, which is the main new addition to this game outside of roles. The mysterious organizer behind the tournament will determine during each lynch vote which players will “fight” each other. The two players will then “battle” each other in a scene posted after the lynch vote.

The rules for a battle are thus: The mysterious organizer will have until the end of the lynch vote to PM me how many battles he wants to take place (up to a maximum of three)/who he wants to participate in the battle. I will post the contestants in the vote containing the lynch scene, after which the contestants will have twenty four hours to PM me their plan of attack. When the twenty four hours is up, the “battle” will take place.

The actual “fighting” of the battle amounts to little more than a cooler version of rock paper scissors. You will have three options if you are selected for a battle. You can either fire a Thornax launcher, raise your shield, or strike with your sword.

A shield raise will deflect a Thornax blast back at your opponent. A sword strike will break through an opponent's shield. A Thornax shot will take out an opponent charging with his sword. In simpler terms; shield beats Thornax beats sword beats shield...etc. Whoever picks the choice that beats the other wins the battle.

IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR A BATTLE, PM ME THREE CHOICES IN ORDER, as your opponent may select the same option as you. If both contestants select the same option (both choose to fire their Thornax, for example), then I'll use the winner of the second choice to determine who wins the battle. If all three choices from both players are exactly the same...the battle will end in a draw, and no one will suffer defeat.

The penalty for LOSING a battle is thusly: You will be “injured” and unable to attend the vote for the next round. You will also lose any shot at “winning” the tournament (I'll explain more in a bit, but you're not eliminated from the game), and if you have any role powers, you won't be able to use them for that night either. Winning a battle grants a coin, which you can then spend as you wish.

DURING THE NIGHT, the usual Mafia stuff happens. Glatorian debate on who to kill, Medic decides who to save, etc. The Glatorian will have 48 hours from the end of the lynch vote to determine who they want to kill, but they may want to pay attention to the battle to ensure that they don't try to send a member who was injured.

MONEY BUYS ALL

As promised, this tournament will bring a sizeable reward to its victor...but the great Tuma is more than aware that a Skrall needs current funding to remain battle ready. Each tournament contestant enters the arena with a single coin, and every time you claim victory in a battle, you will receive a reward of one coin. Rewards can be used to hire the services of the many “businessmen” surrounding the arena that will gladly provide their services in exchange for a little coin:

Bodyguard (1 coin): A bodyguard, when hired, will follow your every movement throughout the night and prevent any attempt on your life during that time. They will leave your services the following morning.

Saboteur (1 coin): A saboteur can be hired to damage the weapons of another player in battle. Should the player whose weapons are damaged “win” the contest (so the person whose weapons are damaged picks shield and the person whose weapons aren't picks Thornax), it will count as a tie round and move on to the next choice. In essence, this forces someone to beat their opponent's selection twice in order to win.

Should both players be sabotaged, the results of the saboteur will be nullified. Should more than one saboteur be hired for either side, the side with the most saboteurs will need to win twice in battle.

Investigator (2 coins): An investigator will follow someone, throughout the night, and determine their role. The following morning, they will report back to you, and then leave your services.

Assassin (5 coins): While directly killing an opponent is forbidden by tournament rules, bending the rules is sometimes necessary to save yourself. An assassin can be hired by anyone with the coin, and will kill any target. Assassins are quick and stealthy, and leave no trace, so no vote will take place following an assassination.

Loyal Bodyguard (5 coins): Not everyone has Kaiser's laser precision when it comes to deciding when to use a protection item. If you ever get to the point where you can afford one of these, you won't have to. Loyal Bodyguards will stay by your side until you are attacked, at which point they will leave your services.

Coins can be given to other players to do with as they see fit, just make sure to PM me when you do so. Your monetary status will stay purely confidential with me, although players are welcome to try and use victory counts to figure out who has how much money.

VICTORY GOES TO THE BOLDEST SKRALL!

There are two ways to win the game.

First: Winning the tournament. If a player is the last undefeated contestant (alive and not having lost a battle) remaining, they will claim victory for themselves. If an undefeated Glatorian claims this title, his side will become victorious. Note that it is very much possible for one side to be horribly outnumbered and still win the game this way, so a simple majority in numbers will not be enough for the Glatorian to claim victory.

Second: The usual Mafia way of winning. Kill everyone on the opposing team.

RULES:

#1: NO ROLE REVEALING IF YOU'RE DEAD YOU MONSTERS.

#2: No screenshots if they pertain to this specific Mafia game.

#3: All general BZP/G&T rules.

TOURNAMENT ROSTER:

(I know some people asked to reserve spots, but I totally forgot who they were...other than MoC, who's graduating at the moment, so yeah).

1) MoC, Ackar, chased off into the wilderness

2) Chro, Strakk, Lynched

3) Eljay, Skrall, Assassinated

4) Blade, Captain of the Guard, Lynched

5) Kaiser, Skrall, killed by Glatorian

6) Baltarc, Skrall, Lynched

7) Voxumo, Skrall, killed by Glatorian

8) Starparu, Skrall, killed by Glatorian

9) Zakaro, Skrall, Lynched

10) MESONAK, HE WHO MASTERMINDS THE GAME, WINNER

11) Pulse, Skrall, Assassinated

12) ShadowVezon, Skrall, Assassinated

13) Jag18Tarix, Lynched

14) Unit, Skrall, Lynched

15) EhksVastus, Assassinated

16) Phweffie, Skrall, killed by Glatorian

17) RG, Skrall, Lynched

17) Underscore, Skrall, Lynched

19) iBrow, Skrall, ran off into wilderness

20) Shadow Flaredrick, Skrall, Lynched

21) Kohu, Skrall, killed by Glatorian

22) Canis Lycaon, Skrall, killed by Glatorian

23) Cupcake Seal, Trickster, killed by Glatorian

24) JiMing, Skrall, Lynched

25) Burnmad, Gresh, Assassinated

-MT

Edited by MT Zehvor
  • Upvote 1

XPufEB3.png?1

curse you underscore for taking spot 18! I shall have my revenge.

For now though any spot works for me. Looking forward to this one. Hopefully i am not lynched in the first round for truly how can we beat being launched into space?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

For now though any spot works for me. Looking forward to this one. Hopefully i am not lynched in the first round for truly how can we beat being launched into space?

Being launched

INTO EARTH

All spots updated!

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Being launched

INTO EARTH

All spots updated!

-MT

um.... No. Let's just leave it at that for I really don't want to reenact scenes from 'The Core'

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Spot 17 or 13.34

Heeyy, I already got dibs on 17 :P

Well Jag took 13 from me.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

You know we should rename this mafia 'Bionicle Mafia: Tumafest'

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

PRAIZE ZORK

Hello sir.

We're just here to ask you a few questions about your allegiance to Tuma.

-National Skrall Agency

*walks up to NSA agent*

Hey sir, I saw this odd ball *points at chro* Over by the stew hut scrawling a message into the wall. It was written in the blood of skrall children and said 'Down with tuma'

*reaches into his satchel and pulls out a bloody icepick*

Saw him using this icepick to scrawl the message.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu