• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Servant of Serket

Featured

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Lord Oblivion

Lord Oblivion
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 02-March 10
  • 916 posts
  •  

Posted May 25 2014 - 08:53 PM

It's been a while since I've made something big. Took me a while to finish this, but glad I got it done.

14269850784_5f64d3388b_n.jpg

A large scorpion using GITD blue pieces. A minion of the Egyptian Goddess, Serket.

I tried to maintain the anatomy of scorpions, however, I only decided to take creative license on the eyes, because I wanted something that really popped. The legs can all move, the tail is pose-able (and the stinger is also able to rotate back), and the top pincers can close down like a real scorpion. 

Gallery (When Public)
Flickr

Check out, and join Piece Out - Bionicle MOCists!

Posted Image

Click the banner above to go to the group Facebook page!

Flickr MOCpages Brickshelf DeviantArt

#2 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,386 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted May 25 2014 - 09:42 PM

That is a sexy beast. I love the way the GITD works with the HF armor - it's a little jarring at first, but it's actually a really nice menacing look.

Special props for the tail, too - most people get the tip detail completely wrong.

tumblr_ngen45A4Ri1tryxewo3_1280.png

#3 Offline Cap'n K

Cap'n K
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tohunga

• 05-March 13
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted May 25 2014 - 10:24 PM

FANTASTIC stuff. excellent flow you've got going on here and the bright colors work together impressively. I've always loved Gadunka and Nocturn for having such cool color schemes.

#4 Offline Gathered Friends

Gathered Friends
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 24-August 06
  • 1,264 posts
  •  

Posted May 26 2014 - 04:12 AM

What a beautiful scorpion! I love the colour scheme going on here - the trans-blue and orange work in tandem with the black, and choosing yellow for the eyes to contrast with the other colours works fine.

A fine MOC, congrats :)

208188_06en_qrl2uxt9b2n7ggeunzku.jpg

'The Resistance'

What would have happened had the Barraki conquered the universe?

(Chapter 5 is now uploaded!)

#5 Offline Waaja

Waaja
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 12-February 08
  • 293 posts
  •  

Posted May 26 2014 - 11:31 AM

First impression: AWESOME!!!!!!! 

Second Impression: SPACESHIP!!!!!! *er-hrm* just kidding :P Really like how the head, claws and tail look, but on closer look, the Barraki head on the top of the tail seems a little ackward.

Nice MOC, really good job :D

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg
Font: Urban Decay by zofos

#6 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,128 posts
  •  

Posted May 26 2014 - 01:22 PM

I guess the curved legs do look good after all. ;)

"I guess you can't kill what's already dead."

#7 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • World's Only Gnomish Hylian

• 28-January 10
  • 1,281 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 26 2014 - 05:15 PM

You like your boat studs, don't you?   There's a lot of more intricate detailing than is apparent at first glance, because the beautiful larger GITD pieces steal the show!  Which is good!  The more realistic shaping really makes it stand out.  The legs look fantastic, as do the claws and stinger.  Just so well shaped!

Posted Image

#8 Offline Actually... I'm Santa

Actually... I'm Santa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusory Instigator

• 12-October 03
  • 1,372 posts
  •  

Posted May 28 2014 - 09:36 AM

That's really cool!

I love the colors and use of orange as a highlight.  The anatomy is easily recognizable and it looks like a solid build.  I'm not sure how easily the legs would pop off, though, when posing them.

#9 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,128 posts
  •  

Posted May 28 2014 - 09:37 AM

I love the colors and use of orange as a highlight.

That's red - but I think orange would look cool. I wonder if Lolo has those parts in that color.

#10 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 22-October 11
  • 1,167 posts
  •  

Posted May 28 2014 - 09:54 AM

VRIIIIIIIISKAAAAAAAA

wait no this is an arachnid

But what a whopper of one. It's incredible. I especially love the Gadunka (right?) piece above the head. It looks perfect there.

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

May both Mata Nui and Ekimu be with you, traveler, and let not Makuta shed shadow on your way.

#11 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 04-September 09
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted May 29 2014 - 11:34 AM

That MOC is AWESOME! I like the blue color scheme on it. It gives a very cool touch. It also makes the scorpion look like that it can glow in the dark. Although the claws and stringer tip of the tail look weird, the rest of the body looks cool!:)
I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

#12 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,128 posts
  •  

Posted May 29 2014 - 11:53 AM

It also makes the scorpion look like that it can glow in the dark. Although the claws and stringer tip of the tail look weird, the rest of the body looks cool! :)

It can.

And they look weird because they look like the real thing. :P

#13 Offline Based Goomy

Based Goomy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 10-July 09
  • 3,251 posts
  •  

Posted May 29 2014 - 08:39 PM

Oblivion I <3 you

I love the colour scheme and the use of the Gadunka head (which I have never actually found a use for). I also love how sleek it looks overall.

Don't scorpions have six legs though?

POKEMON Y FRIEND CODE: 2208-6468-7046

#14 Offline Lord Oblivion

Lord Oblivion
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 02-March 10
  • 916 posts
  •  

Posted May 29 2014 - 08:44 PM

That is a sexy beast. I love the way the GITD works with the HF armor - it's a little jarring at first, but it's actually a really nice menacing look.

Special props for the tail, too - most people get the tip detail completely wrong.

Thanks, bro! I tried not to put too much red, because I knew that it would soon begin to really clash with the GITD, I'm glad that it worked out xD. 

Yeah, I tried to stick to the anatomy as accurate as possible for this, and the tail was something I realized I had to fix.

FANTASTIC stuff. excellent flow you've got going on here and the bright colors work together impressively. I've always loved Gadunka and Nocturn for having such cool color schemes.

Thank you! Yes, the GITD blue is really a great color, wish I had more.

What a beautiful scorpion! I love the colour scheme going on here - the trans-blue and orange work in tandem with the black, and choosing yellow for the eyes to contrast with the other colours works fine.

A fine MOC, congrats :)

Thank you! Although it is red :P But the brighter picture gives it a orangish tinge. 

First impression: AWESOME!!!!!!! 

Second Impression: SPACESHIP!!!!!! *er-hrm* just kidding :P Really like how the head, claws and tail look, but on closer look, the Barraki head on the top of the tail seems a little ackward.

Nice MOC, really good job :D

Thanks! Scorpion tails typically have a longer segment at the end, so I felt the barraki head would help emulate that, although I do with the back of the headpiece was a bit shorter.

I guess the curved legs do look good after all. ;)

<3

You like your boat studs, don't you?   There's a lot of more intricate detailing than is apparent at first glance, because the beautiful larger GITD pieces steal the show!  Which is good!  The more realistic shaping really makes it stand out.  The legs look fantastic, as do the claws and stinger.  Just so well shaped!

Of course! Boat studs are really fun to use. Yeah, this actually used a large quantity of my pieces, each leg itself has almost 30 pieces. Thanks! I tried my best to shape this well, not very often that I build something based off a living creature, so I might as well do it right.

That's really cool!

I love the colors and use of orange as a highlight.  The anatomy is easily recognizable and it looks like a solid build.  I'm not sure how easily the legs would pop off, though, when posing them.

Thanks! (It is actually red, sorry about the confusion) The legs don't necessarily pop off, but they are sensitive, due to the weight of the MOC.

I love the colors and use of orange as a highlight.

That's red - but I think orange would look cool. I wonder if Lolo has those parts in that color.

I could replace nearly everything with orange, except boat studs and some connectors.

VRIIIIIIIISKAAAAAAAA

wait no this is an arachnid

But what a whopper of one. It's incredible. I especially love the Gadunka (right?) piece above the head. It looks perfect there.

Yes, it is a Gadunka head. Thanks!

That MOC is AWESOME! I like the blue color scheme on it. It gives a very cool touch. It also makes the scorpion look like that it can glow in the dark. Although the claws and stringer tip of the tail look weird, the rest of the body looks cool! :)

Thank you! Scorpions actually glow under UV light, so that was the inspiration behind this MOC's color scheme, actually (and yes, this does glow in the dark)! Well, the claws are accurate (although claw structure slightly varies between species). The two little parts on the stinger that stick out are odd, yes, but the overall shape of it is accurate to the ones all scorpions have.

It also makes the scorpion look like that it can glow in the dark. Although the claws and stringer tip of the tail look weird, the rest of the body looks cool! :)

It can.

And they look weird because they look like the real thing. :P

<3

Oblivion I <3 you

I love the colour scheme and the use of the Gadunka head (which I have never actually found a use for). I also love how sleek it looks overall.

Don't scorpions have six legs though?

Thanks <3

Glad you like it!

No actually! Scorpions have 8 legs and two pincers (because they still are arachnids). The mistake may be from the Nui-Jaga, who had 6 legs and similar scorpion structures, however those are not anatomically correct to real life scorpions that you'd find.

Edited by Lord Oblivion, May 29 2014 - 08:45 PM.

Check out, and join Piece Out - Bionicle MOCists!

Posted Image

Click the banner above to go to the group Facebook page!

Flickr MOCpages Brickshelf DeviantArt

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users