Script for Mysterious Island- Review Topic

Azani

This topic will be the place to post all reviews of the script for Mysterious Island, the musical film loosely adapting the 2001 story which I am writing. As always, all questions, comments, and criticism are appreciated. The topic for the script itself can be found here: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/13103-script-for-mysterious-island/

Welcome to Mysterious Island, an epic story in screenplay form that will tell the tales which we had as fans in 2001 anew. As such, this epic will mainly deal with the dangers that Makuta (Teridax) placed upon the Matoran of Mata Nui in the form of infected Rahi, the Toa Mata's arrival of the on Mata Nui, Takua's quest to aid the Toa, the Toa's acquisition of the thirty-six Great Kanohi masks, Takua's formation of the Chronicler's Company, and the battle between the Toa and Makuta in the latter's Mangaia lair.

The story will not be an exact retelling, recording every important detail that was conveyed in 2001. Rather, it will broadly tell the major events of that arc, preserving the main path and results of the story and the majority of characters which it features, but changing a few small details or concepts, mainly in order to better fit the medium of film, as opposed to the flash game which was published in staggered chapters or the comics which were twelve pages each in length and released every two months.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew
  • Upvote 2

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

This isn't about bio-mechanical beings, is it? Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but it is, to say the least, an unusual choice for any adaptation of BIONICLE.

It isn't, Quis, and I'm glad that you pointed that out. The change from mainly bio-mechanical beings to mainly organic ones is one of the largest differences between the original, canon version of the story and my retelling. When I have enough time on my hands to do so, I'll be adding a brief introduction to this review topic explaining some of the major changes which I've made, and specifically why I've made them. There aren't many changes; I love the Bionicle story as it is, and if I wanted to make many changes, then there wouldn't be any point in keeping it a piece of Bionicle fan fiction. None of the changes were made because I simply felt like making a certain section or detail different, either; every change was made for a purpose, usually out of necessity due to the inherent differences between film and flash animations, or film and written word. Once I’ve added it to the review topic, which will probably be by the end of the day tomorrow, you can check out my introduction for a more in-depth explanation.

From now on, I’ll be answering all new reviews that the script has received that week on the day on which I release a new chapter, along with my comments on said chapter. This is how Bones has been replying to his reviewers for his epic, The Destiny of Bionicle, and it seems to be working pretty well for both his reviewers and for himself.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew
  • Upvote 1

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

• 1 month later...

"Oh Jala" is pretty rad but it feels kind of empty, do you plan on adding music?

I already have! Check out the second of these two videos.

Edited by Azani

AAZZ.jpg