• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Script for Mysterious Island- Review Topic

Mata Nui Reboot 2001 Takua Toa

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Azani

Azani
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 16-November 13
  • 363 posts
  •  

Posted May 25 2014 - 11:12 PM

This topic will be the place to post all reviews of the script for Mysterious Island, the musical film loosely adapting the 2001 story which I am writing. As always, all questions, comments, and criticism are appreciated. The topic for the script itself can be found here: http://www.bzpower.c...terious-island/

Welcome to Mysterious Island, an epic story in screenplay form that will tell the tales which we had as fans in 2001 anew. As such, this epic will mainly deal with the dangers that Makuta (Teridax) placed upon the Matoran of Mata Nui in the form of infected Rahi, the Toa Mata's arrival of the on Mata Nui, Takua's quest to aid the Toa, the Toa's acquisition of the thirty-six Great Kanohi masks, Takua's formation of the Chronicler's Company, and the battle between the Toa and Makuta in the latter's Mangaia lair.

The story will not be an exact retelling, recording every important detail that was conveyed in 2001. Rather, it will broadly tell the major events of that arc, preserving the main path and results of the story and the majority of characters which it features, but changing a few small details or concepts, mainly in order to better fit the medium of film, as opposed to the flash game which was published in staggered chapters or the comics which were twelve pages each in length and released every two months.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew, May 26 2014 - 10:00 PM.

I'm going to be busy with family matters for a while. Please be patient with responses to PMs, posts, etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can also be found under the username Azani on SolisMagna.com and the BioMediaProject forums. Check out SolisMagna.com, as it is exactly what we need to maintain interest in Bionicle. Also, I highly recommend Check out the script for Mysterious Island, an adaption/reboot of the 2001 Bionicle story which I am writing. It's also a musical.

Bionicle is returning in 2015!

#2 Offline Quisoves Pugnat

Quisoves Pugnat
  • Members
  • Toa

• 17-March 14
  • 193 posts

Posted May 26 2014 - 01:33 PM

This isn't about bio-mechanical beings, is it? Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but it is, to say the least, an unusual choice for any adaptation of BIONICLE.

damagecontrolbanner.png

#3 Offline Azani

Azani
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 16-November 13
  • 363 posts
  •  

Posted May 26 2014 - 05:48 PM

This isn't about bio-mechanical beings, is it? Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but it is, to say the least, an unusual choice for any adaptation of BIONICLE.

It isn't, Quis, and I'm glad that you pointed that out. The change from mainly bio-mechanical beings to mainly organic ones is one of the largest differences between the original, canon version of the story and my retelling. When I have enough time on my hands to do so, I'll be adding a brief introduction to this review topic explaining some of the major changes which I've made, and specifically why I've made them. There aren't many changes; I love the Bionicle story as it is, and if I wanted to make many changes, then there wouldn't be any point in keeping it a piece of Bionicle fan fiction. None of the changes were made because I simply felt like making a certain section or detail different, either; every change was made for a purpose, usually out of necessity due to the inherent differences between film and flash animations, or film and written word. Once I’ve added it to the review topic, which will probably be by the end of the day tomorrow, you can check out my introduction for a more in-depth explanation.

From now on, I’ll be answering all new reviews that the script has received that week on the day on which I release a new chapter, along with my comments on said chapter. This is how Bones has been replying to his reviewers for his epic, The Destiny of Bionicle, and it seems to be working pretty well for both his reviewers and for himself.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew, May 26 2014 - 05:53 PM.

I'm going to be busy with family matters for a while. Please be patient with responses to PMs, posts, etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can also be found under the username Azani on SolisMagna.com and the BioMediaProject forums. Check out SolisMagna.com, as it is exactly what we need to maintain interest in Bionicle. Also, I highly recommend Check out the script for Mysterious Island, an adaption/reboot of the 2001 Bionicle story which I am writing. It's also a musical.

#4 Offline electrodude

electrodude
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 24-November 08
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 09:54 AM

"Oh Jala" is pretty rad but it feels kind of empty, do you plan on adding music?

#5 Offline Azani

Azani
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 16-November 13
  • 363 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 10:03 AM

"Oh Jala" is pretty rad but it feels kind of empty, do you plan on adding music?

I already have! Check out the second of these two videoes.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users