"Humanized" Lhikan & Nokama (In Progress)

Elissa

To quote Jack Krauser from Resident Evil 4, "Been a long time, comrade."

Last time I was on BZP was the day it crashed, and that was the last time I was inspired to draw Bionicle, until recently that is.

The other night, I was suddenly inspired (at 2:30am nonetheless) to finally draw the Lhikan and the Toa Metru. While I have costume sketches for the rest of the lot, I won't post them until they are at least colored with flats.

Their getups are inspired by a crossover of steam punk fashion, Thor, and their respective professions (the Toa Metru I mean).

the_last_toa____color_by_elisitagayle-d7

nokama____color_by_elisitagayle-d7k3xfu.

Edited by Elissa
  • Upvote 4

Nice. I like the little detailing that links them to the Bionicle universe, like the Kanoka designs and the Bionicle "L" on Lhikan's belt. Their weapons also look cool; fitting for a human user but still recognizable for the character. And somehow, I really like Nokama's glasses! Nice job!

:music:

It's nice to see some of your art again - and you've definitely improved a lot. I really like the realistic anatomy you've given them, particularly Nokama. She looks just awesome.

There's only something a bit odd about her arms, I think it's the way the elbows are turned; can't exactly pinpoint it, though.

Other than that, I think they both really reflect their personalities in their poses, and that's great. Also a huge fan of the shading on Lhikan. :3

Awesome work, keep it up! ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Nice. I like the little detailing that links them to the Bionicle universe, like the Kanoka designs and the Bionicle "L" on Lhikan's belt. Their weapons also look cool; fitting for a human user but still recognizable for the character. And somehow, I really like Nokama's glasses! Nice job!

:music:

Ah yes, thank you! I try to always work in little "easter eggs" because they make me feel like I've been paying attention. Much appreciated!

Something about Nokama having reddish/orange hair shows a more fitting identity for her than the usual blonde I see for human toa of water. Not to mention it fits with her natural set colour scheme.

I considered using blonde, since I'm trying to create a pattern of characteristics (a variety of them, from either facial shape, or personality traits, eye-color, etc) between these new designs and my old Toa Nuva Designs (seen here) but a reddish hair worked for me here.

It's nice to see some of your art again - and you've definitely improved a lot. I really like the realistic anatomy you've given them, particularly Nokama. She looks just awesome.

There's only something a bit odd about her arms, I think it's the way the elbows are turned; can't exactly pinpoint it, though.

Other than that, I think they both really reflect their personalities in their poses, and that's great. Also a huge fan of the shading on Lhikan. :3

Awesome work, keep it up! ^^

Yep, I am always terrible at elbows, consistently terrible .

Anyway, check back top to see how Nokama has been finished :)

Finished Nokama:

nokama____color_by_elisitagayle-d7k3xfu.

Edited by Elissa

BIONICLE: ######'s Kitchen.

With Lhikan as Gordon Ramsay.

100% legit.

Apart from that, quite good. Good proportions. Like his clothing.

Nokama... I will just not comment in that.

Lhikan as Gordon Ramsey? Is that a good thing? He actually intentionally vaguely resembles Callum Keith Rennies (from Battlestar Galactica), which is my headcannon for live-action HB.

As for Nokama, I assume you do not like my interpretation, which is fine. We all picture the characters differently. I appreciate the comments nonetheless :)

Not quite as good as your human Vakama, but still pretty dayum awesome. Especially Lhikan's head. You interpretation of Nokama has "teacher" written all over it, which I find quite amusing. She looks like she's about to fall over, though. On a side note, Lhikan's arms are shaved (or burnt off from using his powers). Is it because Thor has shaved arms? Not that I mind though. It certainly contributes to that unnatural feel of Metru Nui and bionicle in general.

banner1.png

Not quite as good as your human Vakama, but still pretty dayum awesome. Especially Lhikan's head. You interpretation of Nokama has "teacher" written all over it, which I find quite amusing. She looks like she's about to fall over, though. On a side note, Lhikan's arms are shaved (or burnt off from using his powers). Is it because Thor has shaved arms? Not that I mind though. It certainly contributes to that unnatural feel of Metru Nui and bionicle in general.

Thanks! Nokama's off-balance stance may be due to the fact that I didn't take the weapons into account when I drew the pose, so they're off-setting her weight visually. I dunno.

And Lhikan has arm hair, it's light, but it's there ;)

Thanks! Nokama's off-balance stance may be due to the fact that I didn't take the weapons into account when I drew the pose, so they're off-setting her weight visually. I dunno.

And Lhikan has arm hair, it's light, but it's there ;)

*squints eyes* I see, it's hardly there, but there. Nevermind. Great, hairy job on Lhikan. :1: :0: out of :1: :0:

banner1.png

• 4 weeks later...

Lhikan looks every bit like I imagined he would as a human. The pose is especially Lhikan-esque (if that makes sense) and really grounds it back to the original character.

He also kinda' reminds me of a Power Ranger in civilian form, not that that's a bad thing.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg