Set Review: Legends of Chima 70209 Chi Mungus

Beware Mungus

Thawing from the Chima ice age comes Mungus, a mammoth/elephant Legends of Chima character! This tribe has emerged in some recent summer sets, and today the Chi-powered constraction set of Mungus is featured. Just how strong is he? Read, and watch, on to find out and to see how you can get your own copy of this set!

View the full article

Great review! Personally, although I'm not much interested in the constraction sets anymore, I think the ice sets in this wave are definitely the better ones, and Mungus is pretty neat. Great unique weapon and some pretty great parts. If I was more into constraction at this point there is no way I would ever allow myself to not have all these beautiful trans blue and brown pieces, whether it was available in the US or not.

One correction i would make, though, is that I'm pretty sure that's not a battle scar on Mungus' head--what we've seen of the ice tribes pretty much suggests that they're all zombies. That's just some of his skin that's rotten or torn off. And I had assumed that the light blue limbs that are so prevalent in the ice tribe minifigures (except ironically Mungus' bigfig) were simply some sort of ice prostethics. I hadn't heard of the idea that they're chi replacements, though I guess since they seem to glow in the same manner as chi in the tv show, it would make sense.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

While the weapon is amazing, I doubt I will get this set. The trunk really should use more of those joints previous to the hip joint. That aside, I'll probably order the weapon ala carte.

Credit to Moist! from the Spectral Avohkii Enterprises for the super sig!

confusingbanner3.gif

^The Chronicles of Chandu: ElementElites, Ivu, Equinox. An epic written by cylex7^

"I applaud your valiant ways in the face of futility." - Makuta Kazyx, CoC

Chapter 6 of CoC ElementElites is up!!! Please review!

From photos, I really think this is the worst set of the entire bunch. I'd love some of the brown parts, but overall there's nothing about this set I really like. It has inconsistent bulk, a short short trunk, bad colour coordination, and just looks poor when standing in poses. No thanks.

• Upvote 2

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I think this set is pretty cool; he has numerous problems, like the unarmored trans blue limbs, but all in all I think that, with a few mods, this set could be pretty great.

Also brooown.

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

From photos, I really think this is the worst set of the entire bunch. I'd love some of the brown parts, but overall there's nothing about this set I really like. It has inconsistent bulk, a short short trunk, bad colour coordination, and just looks poor when standing in poses. No thanks.

I don't mind the trunk (honestly I rather like it), but I agree that this set is probably my least favorite. The shoulders have no business being that wide without the chest being beefed up in any capacity. Previous wide-shouldered sets like Stormer XL, the Hulk, Furno XL, CHI Gorzan, Frost Beast, and Furno Jet Machine have all taken care to beef up the figure's chest to support the wider shoulders. This set makes no such effort, and as such its physique looks downright unnatural. It's a real shame, considering that the designers did such a good job armoring his shoulders and back, that they left that underarm area so cavernous and empty.

Even as a parts pack it is not all that promising — most of the parts exclusive to this set (like the Reddish Brown 4M shell, 3M beam, and ball cup or the Tr. Light Blue foot) only come in quantities of one. Only the spiked hemispheres for the hammer come in a more useful quantity.

There are some good parts of this set, like the brilliant build of the hammer or the icy, asymmetrical legs and arms which help the "ice zombie" look. But generally I'm much more impressed by the more elegant CHI Cragger and CHI Laval sets.

On the one hand, the brown and trans-light blue parts really make me want this set. On the other hand, the asymmetry means only one of all the best parts, like Aanchir said, and the set will probably be pretty expensive to get since I'm in the US. I hate to let such a nifty parts pack escape me, especially since I haven't gotten much contraction lately, but I'm waiting and crossing my fingers for decent Bricklink prices on particular parts.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg