Characters in the Dark

The Lorax

Name: Teota

Species: Kodura

Group: None.

Element: None.

Kanohi: Kanohi Huna (Mask of Concealment)

Other Powers: Other than slightly greater strength than some of the smaller species, Teota has no other specific powers.

Appearance: Without her armor, Teota is sleek but toned. Her gray body's monochrome appearance is offset only by her silver blue eyes and heartlight. However, she is most often seen in her gun-metal gray armor, which features amber highlights along the edges. Her mask is the same amber color as the highlights on her armor. Her armor is essentially a bulkier variant of Kware's armor, though it has somewhat larger gaps at the joints to allow for a similar level of mobility.

Equipment: Teota's primary weapons are her kinetic emitters, which are more advanced versions of the ones she gave to Kware. Like Kware's, they are built into her forearm armor, though they differ in that they are made up of eight panels instead of four. This allows for greater power output and longer use before they require a cool down, as well as less concentrated blasts and sustained kinetic fields. For melee combat, she carries a simple dagger, though she prefers to incapacitate her enemies through the use of her kinetic emitters before using the dagger. Her lower leg emitters also have eight panels, and they can create a sustained field to allow for short-term levitation. She also carries an intricately carved wood pipe.

Biography: Teota lived in a small Koduran colony on one of the Southern Islands. Her family was well-known and respected, but Teota found little interest in continuing the family tradition of honor and respect. When she attracted a delusional suitor, she decided she had had enough and fled. The suitor, however, convinced Teota ran in fear of embracing her true feelings, pursued her to a nearby island. When he caught up with her, she told him in no uncertain terms that he was out of his mind, and in a blind fury he tried to kill her. Teota proved to be a more-than-capable fighter and killed the Koduran. It was this event that led to Kware's introducing himself to her, and though she was at first wary of the Hirohi, she found they had much in common.

As they traveled together, they grew to love one another, a feeling which proved to be Kware's strength. They married some time later, and after many more years of travel, they moved to Katipo to try settle down, at least for a time.

Personality: The best word to describe Teota would be indifferent. She holds no special interest in anything other than herself and Kware. She is pragmatic and occasionally cold. Like Kware, she could not really be described as evil, but she is far from being good. She does what it takes to do what she wants to do, and she isn't likely to feel guilt or regret. She will do anything with and for Kware; he is the only person or thing in the universe that she holds above herself. Risk means nothing to her.

Skills/Strengths: Teota can use her kinetic emitters with deadly accuracy from afar, and up close, she can use them in a variety of ways to fight opponents. She is proficient in hand-to-hand combat. Also, when she uses her mask in conjunction with Kware's, she is nigh-undetectable, though she cannot stay invisible for long. She is mentally sound and strong-willed.

Weaknesses: Because her preferred method of fighting is to keep her distance, her weapons and armor make melee combat difficult, however good she may be hand-to-hand. Sustained melee combat wears her down. The armor gaps at her joints are weak points, too, which often forces her to be primarily defensive in close-range combat. Her indifference can be a problem, as she is not good at making decisions and often defers to Kware's judgment.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Name: Kama
Species: Rori
Group: Guard
Element: N/A
Kanohi: N/A
Other Powers: Greatly enhanced speed.
Appearance: Actually pretty skimpy for a Rori. He is smaller and shorter then most Rori, but still considerably tall in relation to smaller species. He wears goggles that prevent stuff from getting in his eyes at high speeds.
Equipment: He wears a backpack with rope and a Vortixx invention in it. The invention is nothing special, just a Lightstone mounted with a reflector, lens, and shutter to create a stronger beam that can be switched on and off. Basically the MU equivilent of a flashlight. Besides that, he carries two shortswords.
Biography: For a long time he was pretty nondescript. Some years back, he discovered his ability and quickly became the resident adreneline junkie. When the Rahi attacks statred, he immediately joined up with the Guard.
Personality: He is very interested in excitement. He loves going fast, and very much dislikes it when anything slows him down. He is very impatient.
Skills/Strengths: He is quickwitted, and can usually get out of a jam. He is very good with his ability, and has good reflexes.
Weaknesses: Though quickwitted, he is often too quickwitted. He has a tendency to miss the obvious, have very little foresight, and jump into battle without a plan.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Yes.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Cix

Species: Tarore

Group: Ring of Thieves(non offical),Full Time Theif/Pickpocket

Element: None

Kanohi: None

Other Powers: All powers normal to Tarore

Appearance: Very short for a Tarore, only 8 feet tall, Armor like Hydraxon, although instead of silver his secondary color is gold. His mask has the appearance of a large Kakama, obviously it is powerless. Wears a black cape.   

Equipment: He carries a 2 prong variation of wrist blades on both arms. For his special weapon he as a three foot long twilight blade  sheathed under his cape. He has imbued mainly his speed into his blade, sitting for hours motionless, making him a incredible fencer, not even counting his skill.
Biography: Cix has always liked shadows, which is why he is so at him in the City of Darkness. He makes his for both pay and pleasure, serving as a Leader in the Ring Of Thieves. When Cix was young(er) he left to a distant monastery where other Tarore taught the art of imbuing your power into a weapon, as well as almost every fighting style imaginable. Cix looking for work, traveled to the City of Darkness. He joined a Ring of Thieves. He quickly made his way to the top as he showed he didn't need to run from the the guards, but rather stand and fight till numbers became to high and cowardice was the best choice.

Personality: Cix is out going and boisterous. He is the definition of friendly distrust. As a true cynic, he believes the worst about everyone and everything until shown otherwise. He long ago forsook morals as wishful thinking, and is ruthless and cunning in protecting whatever is his. Other than that, hes a pretty jolly fellow.

Skills/Strengths: Incredible Jujitsu, Fencing and Hiding, Cix is the perfect thieve as he mixes cunning and fine fingers with boldness and his fighting skills show that. If he is could at anything, its dodging, fighting weaponless is a specialty of his. He is very fast and very strong even though his height may say otherwise.

Weaknesses: Cix is almost useless in a fight if the combat is long range. If he gets close your dead, keep him far away, you win.

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

Name: Leris

Species: Toa

Group: None

Element: Air

Kanohi: Mahiki(Mask of Illusions)

Other Powers: None(outside of standard Toa Powers)

Appearance: [1] [2]

Equipment: Sword, Shield, Knife

Biography: After nearly losing a battle soon after he became a Toa, he traveled to Karzahni for repairs, and met a Matoran there who warned him of

danger before dying.  He repaired and armored himself under the nose of Karzahni from scraps he found on the island.  Before he left, he trained with

his Toa power, and took the Matoran's Mahiki to honor him and set out as a drifter Toa outside of a team, frequently taking on Dark Hunters and other enemies like them.  In a recent encounter, he was knocked unconcious , tied up in a boat, and pushed out to sea with his Kanohi and weapons removed in a sack on the boat with him.  This was the last thing that happened to him before he arrived on Katipo.

Personality: Dutiful, especially to the defense of Matoran.  May come off as a slave driver to most people, but will occasionally soften.  Frequently takes on enemies that are more powerful than him at personal expense.

Skills/Strengths: Able to push his air powers to their limits, past what normal Toa are usually able to do.
Weaknesses: Frequently challenges foes more powerful than he is and pays the price for it physically.  Always feels a need to prove himself after his near deadly early encounter as a Toa.  Takes too many dangerous risks that could easily result in death.

Hi Mampt! Welcome to BZPower and to our game.

Before I approve this character, I feel like I should point out that Katipo is near the middle of the Southern Continent and a very looong way underground. It is not accessable by boat, so you should really change that aspect of the backstory. It would also be great if you put something in about what he does now that he lives in Katipo.

Make those changes, and you should be good to go. I'll approve the character. However, I should point out that having another Toa in Katipo is not really what the game needs right now. I'll quote a bit from the first post of this topic about why.

(Toa are rare, though not endangered in this period of history, with a population of a few hundred max scattered throughout the Matoran Universe. In an isolated, peaceful and secure city like Katipo, however, it is not realistic to have too many toa running around.)

At the moment, we already have five toa in the game, which is stretching the bounds of realism as it is. That's not to say I wouldn't approve another one if you were dead set on playing a toa, but I'd encourage you to think about playing another species, since there are so many to choose from, in this game especially. If you really want air and illusion powers, for example, those could be available in the form of an heroic Skakdi.

ppg2.png

I was thinking of having him be something like a newcomer to the city, just arriving there during the game.  Would that be okay?  If it is, I can change his back story to something to go along with that.  If not, I can change it to something else that fits him already being there.

Sorry for the late response, but I'd say it would be best to change it.

One of the major characteristics of Katipo is its extreme isolation. A few beings leave once or twice a year to trade and then quickly return. Sometimes, if Katipo needs new people with particular skills, they might bring back a couple of new recruits. If someone were to just turn up randomly in the city, especially now with so much uncertainty and danger around, that person would have a lot of trouble finding a job or acceptance in the community. They might even get arrested! People just don't turn up out of the darkness, and if one does during a time when so much trouble has also turned up out of the darkness, it isn't a huge leap to suspect that they have something to do with it.

ppg2.png

Well, I tried making my own game, and it sucked. So, i'll see if I can join this one.

Name: Belkor

Species: Unknown

Weapons: Anti-aircraft rifle, 6-shot cordak launcher eye socket(singular), and nuclear power source inside heavily armored neck.

Description: Belkor is, at most, a cyborg. Invented by a scientist, his mission is unclear. His personality is unshaken, but he is often overcome with extreme depression, and is unusually soft to comfort. He has little care for those around him, making him an unrealistic defender. He keeps himself secluded for now, but as the story progresses he will become more and more open to those he trusts. Striking without warning, have Belkor at your side and you might as well be carrying a brick wall.

Abilities: Despite having an not sturdy and heavy chassis, Belkor is incredibly agile, relying heavily on rocket thrusters in his legs. He is quite intelligent, but he has a few screws loose(literally). He hates evil, yet in the past has supported criminalistics activity. Still, he stays an unstable champion of justice, whatever his opinion of justice is.

Weaknesses: Fight him in a state of depression, and emotion will overcome his sense. He is extremely vulnerable to sonic attacks, yet is immune to psychic attacks, because no one knows where his head and brain is located. Slow because of caution, you can make an obvious trap, and he will fall into it, because he is too busy looking for something more elaborate or cunning.

Appearance: Belkor is double the height of a toa, measuring a whopping 14 feet. he is bulky, and frightening due to the one cordak launcher(pulled out of the trash) in his head. His right arm holds the gun, while his left has matoran-ish fingers, huge, of course. His feet are clawed, but they are only an accessory.

Skills/Strengths: Pre listed.

Also: I will soon be posting a MOC of this, by the same name.

Well, that's all I can say. I respect everything you do, Lorax, and I would love to play in your city in the dark!

(please don't consider that sweet-talk. I'm only trying to be nice.)

Edited by ghidora131

For one thing, he's not flying. The thrusters are for maneuverability alone.

Another thing is I figured that the city of Katipo you can't have the best technology, environment, cityscape, and to put a superb, infinite fighting machine in it would seem ridiculous. So, I gave him off/on severe depression, lack to understand simplicity, "warfare" devices pulled from the trash, and a misunderstanding of the term "good". the only reason for him to be nuclear powered is so I don't have to write in constant energy charging resources for him to use and seem unfair. And okay, and to have all this AND still use an element is over the top, I admit. I'll edit that out.

That doesn't really answer my question. It's good that you're trying to tone down its power, but my real concern is how this character fits in with the world of the story. I'm pretty certain that nobody in Katipo has the technological smarts and resources to build such a thing, and if someone outside built it, then why would it come and live here of all places, where there is no war or fighting and there hasn't been any more than a little political tension and the occasional rahi attack for the last 30,000 years (there is a bit of trouble now, but nobody expected that and there would not be any way for word of it to reach the outside so that Belkor could be sent in).

This is a story about largely ordinary, peaceful people who are suddenly thrust into issues and conflicts much bigger than they know and how they deal with that. It is a detective mystery. It's a what might have been of BIONICLE history. And while stories about giant fighting robots created for some unknown purpose (which I'm still not buying, by the way) are really cool, this is not one of those. The characters must fit in with the story. I'm reminded of a quote about an unfortunate mistake made by some people who are newer to games like this: "On being told that this is a game about politics and intrigue in 17th century Italy, they ask to play as a ninja."

That's my real problem here, more than weaponry or powers (though really, what use is an anti-aircraft rifle underground?), and that's why I'm not going to approve this character. Make one who is one of the main species of the city and makes sense within the context of the wider story. That's the way to get deeper into this story, and if you can manage that and stick around a bit, I'll make sure you get your battles.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

Name: Arsenal
Species:Vahki. More specifically, specially modified Nuurakh
Group: Gaurd reserve. If thay need someone with his devices, then they'll call on him, otherwise he stays at home trying to find someone who can rebuild his navigation module.
Element: N/A
Kanohi:N/A
Other Powers: N/A
Appearance:A bulkier Nuurakh, with intricate staffs. Taller then average.
Equipment: Arsenal has lost access to the Vahki Kanoka warehouses, for the Metru Nui engineers shut off his warehouse as a security measure when he was reported a lost unit. However, he has multiple other devices.  The 1st one is in his staffs. They can launch like a boomerang and come back to him, the razor-sharp Protosteel edges slicing through almost anything. His eyes have floodlight features, and his staffs can also fire magnetic pulses that pull weapons out of enemy hands. His fingers contain a blowtorch capable of cutting through most metals.
His staff can also function like a normal staff, firing Command bursts.

Biography: He was made as one of six elite Vahki on Metru Nui. One day, a storm damaged his navigation module and he went off course, ending up in Katipo.
Personality: Arsenal is very methodical. Despite this, he is desperate to return to Metru Nui, and spends most of his time trying to find someone to repair his module.
Skills/Strengths: Arsenal is a good detective, using his logic processes to avoid jumping to conclusions and make rash deciseons. He is a good ranged fighter, but worse at melee. His staffs usaully save him in those situations.
Weaknesses: Arsenal is confounded by emotions, only understanding them as a subset of normal beings' behavior. Also, he is vulnerable to Magnetism or Iron powers, for obvious reasons.

Name: Daltrahk

Species: Skakdi

Description: Daltrahk is an intelligent being, knowing what power is besides elemental. Knowing this, he has trained himself to incredible levels, gaining strength much more than any toa. He is smart, cunning, friendly, and has an incredible dislike of rahi. He will often beat the sense out of an opponent, and proceed to ask them for a partnership. Happy to simply exist, he is an ex-detective, having failed to solve a diabolical murder. Nonetheless, he continues to fight, hoping to uncover more truths.

Personality: Kind of a pain at times, Daltrahk loves company, very odd for a Skakdi. He has had little friends, considering they usually all die at times. He loves the company of toa, especially water toa(weirdo), and finds himself drawn to the prospect of a chase(I don't think I said that right).

Powers: Despite his intelligence and hatred of warfare, Daltrahk is a fighting machine, using his agility and reflexes to gain the upper hand. He loves to taunt, even leaving him vulnerable at times. Like any Skakdi, he has a specific type of vision, his being thermal imaging. His element is ice, but he is infuriated he must be by a potential threat only to use it. As I said, he makes friends easy, but barely keeps them. He has the unique ability to believably trick opponents, making them feel like the Skakdi is way more powerful than he is. This illusion spell can be broken by mind powers, a strong willpower, or wear off by itself in half an hour.

Weaknesses: Daltrahk is a sympathetic being, and is easily tricked. He hates to see someone die, even if that being is his mortal foe. He is often defeated by long-ranged fighters, because of his inability to cope with the situation of distance fighting.

Appearance: Daltrahk is tall, just barely over the height of the average Skakdi. He is gunmetal gray, and has a blue underarmor pattern. I'll release the pics of him in the BBC soon.

And, that's about it! I hope I didn't mess up this time.

Edited by ghidora131

Arsenal approved. We don't have an exact date for when the vahki were first created, though since this game is set in 5,000 GBC, we'd have to be in the very early years of the vahki. Keep that in mind when talking about his past, but other wise this looks like a cool character.

Daltrahk: much better. Though I'd just like a little clarification on his powers. His vision power is thermal imaging, but the deception thing that makes other beings overestimate and there fore fear his strength is also referred to a a "vision spell". And finally, Skakdi also have an element, thoguh they can only use it when cooperating with another nearby Skakdi. Which element does he control?

ppg2.png

Name: Karaihe (ka-rye-ha)

Species: Skakdi

Elemental power: Diamond (crystal)

Vision power: Corruption vision (works exactly the same way as a Kanohi Jutlin)

Individual ability: Can sense minute tremors in the earth.

Group: Miners Corp - he is fairly low down the ranks (not the lowest, but still at the stage where there is a lot more physical labour than directing others).

Weapons:Carries a massive broadsword with many notches in it. On the upper part, the blade is edged with diamond.

Appearance: Karaihe is about average height for a skakdi but is very broad and muscular.

He wears heavy set greyish-black armour which looks as if it has been roughly hewn from granite and has the occasional glint of white crystal in it. His spines also have this appearance, non-uniform in size like a a boulder was smashed and the pieces stuck on his back. 

His eyes are soft grey like dusk, but pulsating with hidden power.

His teeth are very different to other Skakdi's - they are made of solid diamond and are able to bight through most substances, including metal and some kinds of rock.

All of his armour is covered in battle-scars.

Personality: Karaihe is the embodiment of everything Skakdi: he is warlike, barbaric, impulsive, rash, reckless and wild. He has survived many hardships in his life and so he now also is serious at times but then there are the times in the middle of a battle when the rage and fury and blood-lust turn him into a roaring killing machine shouting battle-cries and oaths to Skakdi gods while grinning with his diamond smile and slashing and stabbing at his opponents with one hand and chomping an unripe madu with the other.

And by Karzahni he enjoys it...

Karaihe prefers brute force to plans and honours his opponents to an extent. He is not the most intelligent being but is cunning.

History: Karaihe was in a Skakdi army or warband for most of his existence and got the nickname "Diamond Crusher"  not only for his immense strength but also for his tendency to use diamond based crystal powers. At some point a group of Vortixx invaded the small islet he was residing on at the time and he was used as a slave for a large chunk of the rest of his life, working in anything from mines to arena battles.

Recently Karaihe managed to escape and traveled to the City to evade re-capture.

Strengths: Karaihe is incredibly strong and has great stamina. His armour is very strong and he is good with most large, blunt weapons as well as being a skilled swordsman. He has fairly good control of his element (which he rarely uses) and his other two powers.

Weaknesses: When he is in a battle-rage, his judgement can become clouded. He can be argumentative and aggressive. 

Edited by Silo

Kathok

That character looks great.

Just one thing to note though, diamond and stone are really not the same thing, both in real life and as far as BIONICLE elements go. I'll admit the diamonds thing is really cool though, so maybe use could instead use the BZPRPG-canon element of crystal? Change that and Karaihe is approved.

ppg2.png

Thanks, I wasn't sure what the closest element to diamond would be so I chose stone - I didn't know that crystal was allowed...

Will change it..

-Silo 

Kathok

• 6 months later...

Name: Fulmen

Species: Matoran

Group: N/A

Element: Lightning

Kanohi: Powerless great Kakama, the mask of speed

Other Powers: Resistance to electric shocks.

Appearance: The sand blue and white matoran stands at 150cm tall. His feet, hands and kanohi are blue while his arms are white. His face is decorated with a powerless great kakama and his yellow eyes glow brightly. There is nothing unusual about him, aside from his pale blue backpack, containing his sleeping bag, pillow, batteries and food.

Equipment: A battery powered torch. (Takes three batteries to work.)

Biography: Prior to the strange rahi behaviour and mysterious kidnappings, he liked to invent gadgets that made his everyday life easier. When the captain of the city's guard went missing, Fulmen locked his belongings into a chest and buried it in a safe location, fearing for the loss of his belongings. With a torch, several batteries, food and a desire to avoid as much conflict as possible, he began travelling through the city, in search of a safe haven from the rahi and the kidnappers. Unfortunately, the Hammer has risen up and begun assaulting civilians and the vo-matoran fears he could be next. 

Personality: Like all vo-matoran, Fulmen is a sociable villager who respects his friends and acts kindly towards strangers. He cares about his own safety and often avoids areas he considers to be a danger to himself. Some could say he has paranoia, but he will dispel those claims, saying that he's just taking precautions to prevent serious injury or death.

Skills/Strengths: Fulmen is a vo-matoran, he has a resistance to electric shocks. The matoran of lightning is also an inventor and if provided with the materials necessary, can create weapons like electric batons or taser guns.  

Weaknesses: The matoran sticks out like a sore thumb in the darkness he cannot hide himself easily because of his bright eyes and color scheme. Fulmen has a phobia of water, claiming his joints will rust if he goes for a swim. Fulmen is also bad at close combat due to the lack of strength and weaponry. 

Currently waiting for approval.

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.