City in the Dark

The Lorax

Gameplay Topic – Discussion Topic – Profile Topic

city_in_the_dark.png

The mining city of Katipo lies buried in the bedrock of the Southern Continent. It is shielded from the outside world by a network of grand caverns and tunnels, known as Mangaia, an old Matoran word meaning “Protector”. In fact, the inhabitants have become so shielded that they have lost almost all connections to the outside world. It is very rare for beings to enter or leave. The last team of brave adventurers to set out from the city returned two months ago after trading what the miners had dug out of the earth with the surface-dwellers. They seem to have brought more than merchandise back with them.

Trouble is stirring in the city.

It began with the area’s rahi. They were acting strangely. It was hardly enough to worry about, until a heard of blade burrowers stampeded through a housing block, trampling two Matoran. Since then, more and more rahi-related incidents have occurred. Some rahi were spotted that no-one had heard of before. Odd mutants displaying baffling powers occasionally emerged from the surrounding darkness, frequently attacking citizens before retreating into the shadows. The best-known occasion was when a Muaka with the head of a Kane-Ra ran down one of the main streets while causing everything it touched to shrink to half its size. The beast was cornered by the city guard and captured, though nobody knew what to do with it after that, so it has remained in captivity.

Even more disturbing, some beings have seemingly vanished, and chief among them is the leader of the last expedition out of Katipo, who is also the captain of the city’s guard. None of them have left any indications of where they went, or why. Citizens are growing nervous, however. Clearly, there are forces beyond simple rahi at work here.

The leader of Katipo, Turaga Tawhito, has offered a great reward to any being who can solve the mystery behind the events and put an end the disappearances and the unnatural wildlife that has come to the City in the Dark.

About the Game

City in the Dark is an invitation for you, the player, to probe the mysteries of the darkness. What you seek is out there, but knowledge is not all you might find. Shadows, danger, power, and hope can all be found when seeking answers, but which you find is up to you. Do you dare to explore? You may be surprised by what you discover.

If solving mysteries is not your thing, then there are plenty more things for you to do within the world of this game. Keep reading.

The events of this RPG will take place around 5,000 years Before the Great Cataclysm (BGC)

About Katipo

Layout
Katipo exists many kio below the surface of the Southern Continent, in a massive cavern 100 bio in height called Mangaia. The city and its 2,000 or so inhabitants take up most of the space in Mangaia. There are other, much smaller, caves and tunnels leading away from Mangaia. These used to house beings when Katipo itself was still under construction, but have long since been abandoned in favour of the main city. Only rahi, exiles and the mad live in the Outer Darkness.

Katipo sits on top of the largest mine on the Southern Continent. It provides much of the universe with ores, stone, lightstones and many other goods. The mine forms the cornerstone of Katipo’s economy. The city itself is circular, with 24 main streets leading radially out from a central point, the Central Concourse. Curved cross streets run in circles around the city, joining these main passageways. It was this shape that led some outsiders to refer to the city as “The Web”. The Central Concourse contains all the most important buildings in Katipo, such as Turaga Tawhito’s hall, the largest markets in the city and the headquarters of organisations like the Katipo City Guard and the Miners’ Corporation.

In addition the city is two-tiered. While half of Katipo lies on the floor of the cavern as in most cities, there is a mirror image second city carved out of the cavern’s roof. In the world above, the streets are made of (very thick and strong) glass to allow both levels to see each other. The two levels are connected by elevators, placed on every second junction between the radial and circular main streets.

The entire place is lit by a myriad of different coloured lightstone lanterns. These are hung regularly along all the streets and inside buildings, so when looking down from the top tier of up from the bottom, the city looks like it has been sprinkled with glitter. 

katipo_map.png

Government
Katipo is led by Turaga Tawhito and policed by the City Guard. Together, it is their responsibility to ensure the safety and prosperity of all the beings living in Katipo.

Inhabitants
The residents of Katipo are a diverse group, species-wise. Matoran and the most common, but there are also a few toa in the city, with other beings such as Vortixx, Steltians, Hydraxon’s, Tobduk’s and Trinuma’s species and even a few Skakdi. For notes on these species and their abilities, see below.

Technology
While not quite at Metru Nui’s level of advanced technology, Katipo’s mineral wealth has allowed it to trade with other lands for some pretty good tech. Kanoka disks are present here (though not as ubiquitous as in Metru Nui), as are knowledge crystals, protodermis refineries and many different kinds of motorised vehicles. Most of the more advanced tech is involved in the mines; I’m talking big vehicles, drilling machines and explosives – things that make ussal crab carts look horribly out of date.

Factions:

Katipo City Guard

kcg_small.png
Really, there’s not a lot to say that isn’t implicit in the name. About 60 strong, the Guard is there to keep everyone in the city safe, whether from rahi, criminals, cave-ins or anything else that might pose a threat. They are well-regarded by the populace and have a reputation for being tough but fair.

Leadership: Technically, the guard answers to Turaga Tawhito, but the day-to-day operations were all taken care of by a being named Turano, the Head of the Guard. Since his disappearance, the other guards have done their best to get along without him, but no replacement has yet been found.
Base: Guard HQ is located on the Central Concourse, near the southwest corner. It is one of the largest structures there, standing three floors above cavern floor, and three more below.
Symbol: A black stone shield on a red background.
Other info: All members of the guard carry a badge with the Guard’s insignia to identify themselves. These allow access to secure locations within the city, such as Guard HQ.
All Guard members are equipped with a shield and spear, but many choose to use their own equipment as well as or instead of these.

Miners’ Corporation
kmc_small.png
The mines below and around Katipo are not governed by the city’s leaders, but by their own independent body – the Miners’ Corporation. This group negotiates trade of minerals with other settlements, prospects new areas and employs everyone who works in the mines. As the economic powerhouse of the region, the Corporation holds huge influence within Katipo, because almost everybody depends on them one way or another.

Leadership: The Miners’ Corporation uses a ridgid hierarchy of authority, accounting for the simplest worker digging holes up to the beings who coordinate the whole operation. The top level consists of a dozen beings who together form a ruling council. It should be noted that there is little unity within this council, and there is great contention among them over many issues. Really, the only reason any of them tolerate the others is that nobody has enough power to rule on their own. It’s a cutthroat world at the top of big business.
Base: The headquarters of the Miners’ Corporation is located at the junction of the Central Concourse and the main street running north. It is a large building, taking up the entire city block. It is constantly bustling with activity as beings hurry to and fro, carrying information in and out, whether they be profit reports, requests for more drills or orders to excavate a new tunnel.
Symbol: A pickaxe in front of a stack of golden ingots, all set against a green background.
Other Information: Most of the richest beings in Katipo belong to the Corporation. The average workers lower down aren’t too badly off, but the further up the chain you go, the more affluent beings you find. The guys at the top are filthy-stinking-rich.

The Hammer

hammer_small.png
In these difficult times, fear and uncertainty are rife within the population, serving to inflame old rivalries and conflicts. The guard is stretched thin, trying to deal with rahi attacks, investigate disappearances and maintain order in Katipo. While this combination of misfortunes is horrifying for many, it is a perfect opportunity for the unscrupulous.

The Hammer is a newly emerging faction, which has only appeared since the rahi attacks and disappearances began. It is composed of many different individuals who have little in common other than the desire to use the city’s troubles for their own benefit. This newly formed gang has congealed under the leadership of a being calling himself Bo-Kal. So far, they have been performing raids on various locations within the city, stealing, destroying and assaulting citizens, and then disappearing again just as quickly. They have demanded that Turaga Tawhito step down as leader of Katipo so that Bo-Kal can take his place in a coup.
At this point, the demands have been laughed off and rejected, but as the attacks become more frequent and more violent, it remains to be seen whether the Guard can face enemies both within the city and without. Individual members also have their own agendas that they can advance by carefully targeting their raids.
The members of The Hammer are known only to each other, and are careful to keep their identities hidden during their attacks. They wear large concealing cloaks and dark masks to cover their faces. There are currently 15-20 members.

Leadership: All members are under the direct authority of Bo-Kal.
Base: The Hammer are known to have a base, but just where it is is not public knowledge. The best guess is that it is somewhere within the top tier of the city, which is less densely inhabited, and where many of The Hammer’s raids have taken place.
Symbol: Having been around only a short time, The Hammer doesn’t have a recognised, official seal. Drawings of hammers are occasionally used, but there is no consensus about what type of hammer, nor how it is drawn.

Make your own.
No really, go ahead. Make your own groups; this is encouraged. I have outlined the major groups in Katipo, but there are many other, smaller groups free for you to design and play. What to form the Katipo Kolhii Club? Feel free. Hold a city-wide tournament if you feel like it. In particular, groups of beings who are working together to solve the mysteries of the plot are highly encouraged. You will make more discoveries this way.

More will be revealed later as the plot progresses. If say, a few Dark Hunters turn up, (not that I’m saying they will) players might get to play as them as a reward for good RPing and contribution to the game.

Rules

·         All BZP rules apply, obviously.
·         In general, don’t do anything that breaks the realism or detracts from other peoples’ enjoyment of the game. All the usual RPG fallacies fall under this, such as god-modding, meta-gaming, bunnying, auto-hitting and the like. For more on these, see the BZPRPG topics, where you will find some great descriptions and more details on the subtleties of these.
·         Use IC and OOC to separate what your character(s) do from you talking.
·         Do not wreak huge destruction on the city. After all, if you decide to go nova and bring down the cavern, you will squish the entire city and end the game very quickly with the deaths of every character. Nobody wants that. Minor blowing stuff up is all right (so long as you can avoid the Guard and their prison).
·         Do not kill or injure somebody else’s character without permission.
·         GMs have the right to do anything they see fit in the IC world. This includes punishments for rule-breaking and rewards for making positive contributions to the RPG.

Edited by The Lorax
  • Upvote 2

ppg2.png

IC: Kriop

Kriop walked toward the Central Concourse. Ordinarily he would not be here at all, but he had found something very particular while mining and needed the help from one of the markets. He walked toward the largest one, almost weighed down by the large rock he had found. At last he finally hefted the mineral through the doors and into the market, and into the building.

OOC: Kriop is now open for interaction of any kind :).

Edited by Mairanui

2xu8Ptu.png

IC: (Vosa)

Today, Vosa was ready to be determined for the job of detective by Turaga Tawhito. Vosa woke up from his bed and looked in the mirror, he dabbed his hand in some water and rubbed his face. He felt more awake now. He poured water over him self, then he dried himself. Vosa rubbed his face in some sweet smelling oils. The last thing he did to start the day was to sharpen his blades and proceeded placed them in his sheaths."Oh I forgot," said Vosa. He drank his potion to hold his Hordika instinct. Then he set off to meet Turaga Tawhito.

Edited by BionicleBordeaux

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC (NPC Guard): Vosa moved towards the front entrance to the Turaga Tawhito's Hall. Many beings hurried around him, moving from place to place around the Central Concourse. Unlike the usual city bustle, however, these early-morning commuters moved quickly and cautiously to their destinations, not stopping to talk to each other. They kept their heads down and feet moving. It was just another sign of the fear that was slowly settling over the City in the Dark.

Seeing the hordika's approach, a thin, shrewd-looking Tarore guard hailed him. Even as he watched the mutated toa, however, his eyes kept on darting form place to place, looking for signs of trouble.

"The Turaga is out this morning, sir" he told Vosa. "He's meeting with the remaining leaders of the guard about a replacement for Turano. If you aren't desperate to see the man himself, though, I or someone else here should be able to answer your questions."

ppg2.png

IC: Vosa

Vosa ignored the hurrying rush of the populace nor gave a care.When he heard about Tawhito's meeting, Vosa let out a sigh."Alright, do you know when he is coming back? I would really appreciate it if you tell me.",said Vosa.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC (NPC Guard): "The guards should keep him occupied for at least the rest of the morning, I'd say" the guard replied, still scanning the area behind Vosa. " What is it you wanted to see him for, anyway? If this is more about the rahi, that can be reported to the guard. We are working on it, but the Turaga doesn't have time to reassure every concerned citizen at the moment. If you're wanting to claim the reward for discovering what is behind all of this misfortune, that can go to the guard as well. Any citizen who wants to try their hand is welcome to, as the Turaga has already said. Any other issues you have can probably be solved by someone in Tawhito's office without bothering the man himself."

As the Tarore rattled off the list of responses, he finally fixed his eyes on Vosa for five straight seconds. He gave the impression that he had given it to a lot of petitioners to the Turaga's hall lately.

ppg2.png

Vosa gave a cold stare through his dark red eyes at the Talore."Alright, If you wanted to know Tawhito was to assign me the job of Head of the Detective Agency of the newly formed Katipo Detective Agency," Vosa turned around and said,"Anyways,I'll be back, also if you see Tawhito-Turaga tell him I said Hello.", then Vosa trudged off back to his shack.

IC (NPC Guard): "That's not a thing." The guard said flatly as he watched the hordika storm off in a rage. "Surely that's not a thing?" he asked, turning to the other guard beside him.

"No, it isn't" the Ruri replied. "But if he wants to start investigating, then good for him. Mata Nui knows we could use a few more people looking into it."

ppg2.png

Vosa after leaving the Talore and the Ruri,set off to the mine. "I hope I'm not disturbing anyone",thought Vosa. He sniffed the air,tons of smells entered his mind.Vosa turned to that direction and followed the scent.Some miners gave unsympathetic stares at him.But Vosa didn't care about it,he was already toughened by it.

IC: Wherya (Tawhito's Hall)

It was with an almost gleeful adoration of Katipo's perpetual nightlife that I stepped into The Old Man's office building, passing a freakshow in the door as I more than likely ended up reciting the same old schtick as someone else had done to the clerk who looked like he pulled shifts for fun.

"Hello," I said in a polite manner "I'm a concerned citizen who wants to know who in this burgh you need to talk to to get what facts there are about the Rahi attacks and the disappearances that have been happening lately"

Short and to the point, further glamour was unnecessary given the government's willingness to accept help. First priority gather all the facts and keep them in your head.

"Which shouldn't be a problem at all" she thought with satisfaction as she stroked her chin expectantly.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Ahktu:

I dug through the hard rock. My legs ached, and so did my arms, but the drill had hit a hard patch of rock, and we had to get through before the drill could be used again. My claws struck a weakpoint, and a pile of rock broke free. I laboriously began lugging the rocks into a mining cart.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

So no one was helping Kriop with his mysterious mineral. No one probably wanted to help a lowly miner with a rock, anyway. At least he wouldn't want to. So he went back to work.

Kriop walked to his usual station, and had gotten a few hits into the wall with his pickaxe when he noticed out of his peripheral vision, a movement. He turned around to see a figure slightly smaller than a toa lugging a cart full of rock.

"Hullo." Kriop called out, "Are you new here? I haven't seen you around."

2xu8Ptu.png

It was with an almost gleeful adoration of Katipo's perpetual nightlife that I stepped into The Old Man's office building, passing a freakshow in the door as I more than likely ended up reciting the same old schtick as someone else had done to the clerk who looked like he pulled shifts for fun.

"Hello," I said in a polite manner "I'm a concerned citizen who wants to know who in this burgh you need to talk to to get what facts there are about the Rahi attacks and the disappearances that have been happening lately"

Short and to the point, further glamour was unnecessary given the government's willingness to accept help. First priority gather all the facts and keep them in your head.

"Which shouldn't be a problem at all" she thought with satisfaction as she stroked her chin expectantly.

IC (NPC Clerk): "Another reward-seeker then? Guard HQ" the Po-Matoran answered, pointing out the doors and across the concourse. "Though I doubt they could tell you much beyond what's already public knowledge" He took a deep breath in before reciting "Some of the rahi around Katipo and the surroundign caves are acting oddly. Not all of them, just a minority, but those that do change... well, they've changed. Odd mutations, weird powers. You must have heard about that one that ran into towna month ago and shrunk everything. That's at guard HQ as well. I just had a group of fishermen in here complaining that some of the ruki down in the aquifer have sprouted wings. Wings! They might not be safe to eat anymore, so they've gone to one of the Miners Corp's labs for analysis."

"As if that weren't enough, some people have been disappearing as well, starting with Ofeo two weeks back. Just gone, without a trace. Where they went and why is anyone's guess. There've been five of them at last count, right up to Turano, the captain of the guard vanishing three days ago. That was a loss, I'll admit. If he isn't safe, then who is?"

"And just to cap it off, we've got Bo-Kal and his hammer. Whether they're just a gang of thugs or if they're somehow connected into all of this, again, we don't know. So that's the misfortunes of Katipo, all wrapped up for you. Happy?"

ppg2.png

"Herm, not happy, but certainly satisfied" Wherya muttered as she tossed her heatstone lighter in her hand absent-mindedly. She made a few scribbles in her notebook about this and that, and read through it a couple of times, not that she really needed it, though, her mask would let her call upon anything in crystal-clear rendition as if it was happening in real-time.

"Yes, thank you" she said to the guard and exited the Hall.

"Alright, where to start?" she muttered, not long after arriving at the logical conclusion to take off towards the Guard HQ, since there a big bundle of facts would be accessible for her to process, then she should probably see about those fish, maybe talk to the fishermen themselves even, either way the laboratory was worth a visit as well.

She flicked open her heatstone lighter and ignited a cigarette, twirling it in her mouth once sultrily as she walked down the street imperiously.

IC: Kravela (Lightstone Mine)

"Oh my stars" Kravela yelped as she covered her face with her right hand. Even through her helmet's grill the overwhelming flow of light from the cave was... dazzling. Sparkling, even.

She stepped back, eyes still covered, as she found the link with her other arm, and after a few moments she could safely use her now weakened eyes to see against the intense light.

"Alright, boys, let's get these ready for pickup"

OOC: Kravela and Wherya both open for interaction

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Tarua (Smithy)

Sparks dance upwards from the flames of the furnace, red coals producing waves of heat that fade away at the entrance to the room, where a staff stands propped against the wall, gently glowing with a warm light. The Toa of the forge sits on a chunk of the very stone the building around her was made of, inspecting a red-hot spearhead recently pulled from the furnace. Seeming to find it adequate, she slowly waves a hand over the weapon, simmering distortions in the air increasing as the heat is visibly drawn from it into her palm. Leaving the metal just a pleasant warm to the touch, Tarua stands and places the spear head on a shelf full of the things, waiting to be sharpened, fitted, or perhaps replace a broken one.

Deciding she'd spent enough time in the smithy for now, she stands and covers the open furnace, letting it continue to cook and not cool while eliminating any fire hazards. With a crisp walk she retrieves her staff and, as is now revealed as it parts from the dark walls, her sooty scarf as well, which is quickly and easily wrapped around her neck in a loose way, draping almost over her shoulders and pinning her Guard's Badge to it. She knows some people prefer to be a bit more discreet about it, but she's proud of being in the Guard. To Karzahni with those who'd disrespect that.

She stretches for a second or two, letting out some stored-up heat with a twirling snake of flame that spun upwards from her hand to whirl in the air for a few seconds before ending by slipping back around her fingers and getting absorbed once more.

Finally entering the street, she gives a nod to a passing Toa of Earth smoking a cigarette. Her choice, Tarua supposed, although she had no fondness for the things herself. She created enough smoke without them, thank-you. The other Toa seems to be heading in the same general direction as her, so the Guard simply falls into step slightly behind her Earthen counterpart. It would be best to check in at HQ to check if anything's needed of her, anyways.

Zakaro

Edited by JustZakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

So no one was helping Kriop with his mysterious mineral. No one probably wanted to help a lowly miner with a rock, anyway. At least he wouldn't want to. So he went back to work.

Kriop walked to his usual station, and had gotten a few hits into the wall with his pickaxe when he noticed out of his peripheral vision, a movement. He turned around to see a figure slightly smaller than a toa lugging a cart full of rock.

"Hullo." Kriop called out, "Are you new here? I haven't seen you around."

IC: Ahktu

I lifted teh last rock into the cart when someone said something to me. I turned around. "Hi. I'm not very new, but I usually operate the drills, so that's probably why you haven't seen me before."

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Ahktu:

"I might know a little." I say, walking over.

IC: Kware (Katipo Central Concourse)

She was gone.

Kware clenched and unclenched his jaw as he strode through the Central Concourse. He felt drained. His strides were a tad shorter, a tad slower than normal, and it was because she was gone.

Teota.

Kware halted and closed his eyes, his mind jumping back to the state of their house. The broken door, the upturned and broken furniture, the smell. It was wrong, all of it.

"Uh, excuse me?"

Kware opened his eyes and noticed a Matorna staring up at him.

"Are you all right?"

"I'm fine."

Kware stepped past the Matoran and continued onward. His destination was the Katipo CIty Guard's headquarters. With all the other stuff going on, Kware doubted they would be able to help him, but he didn't have much of a choice. Investigating disappearances wasn't on his list of skills. As he walked, he passed two Toa. The Toa of Earth caught his attention briefly, though he wasn't sure why. Maybe it was the way she held the cigarette in her lips, or maybe it was the way she walked. His gaze then drifted to the other Toa--

The badge.

Kware stopped and held out his right hand. "Excuse me," he said to the Toa of Fire, "I see you're with the City Guard. I'm in need of some help."

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Wherya (Central Concourse)

I rather quickly realized I wasn't walking to the Guard's HQ alone, some indeterminate Ta-Toa was in quick step behind me. In these situations there were only two outcomes; either she was after you, or the two of you were after the same thing, an important distinction to make nonetheless.

Regardless, I pretended like nothing and kept to broad, open, crowded streets, where my potential attacked would be seen. Just as we crossed a corner a distressed Hirohi appeared, both quelling my suspicions and piquing my curiosity.

Alright, so she was a guard, fair enough, now what was the Hirohi's problem?

"What's yer problem?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kware (Central Concourse)

Before the Ta-Toa could answer, the Onu-Toa asked, "What's yer problem?"

Kware shifted his attention back to the Onu-Toa. She didn't appear to be a City Guard--at least, she wasn't wearing a badge--so what did she care?

Frowning, Kware asked, "Who are you? Are you with the City Guard?"

IC:(Vosa) Mines.

Vosa was given unfriendly,dispassionate stares. He bumped into a Onu-Toa that was mining, Vosa didn't notice or feel it. Suddenly, a surge of threatening and suspicious smells entered his nostrils and mind. Vosa went at a slightly faster pace, the threatening smells became stronger to his nose, his nose at times was almost twitching."This is not good-fine",said Vosa

Frowning, Kware asked, "Who are you? Are you with the City Guard?"

"A seeker of truth" I replied with gusto as I nipped the cigarette, the uneven eyes of my mask never letting the Hirohi go.

"People come with questions, I answer 'em."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Tarua (Street)

"And yet it is unknown if this Hirohi even has any questions," Tarua lightly added, stepping over to form a small circle of sorts, aiming her last comment back at the Onu-Toa and continuing.

"For all that's been shared, he could just be needing of assistance. Any mysteries he may have are yet to be uncovered."

Turning to the Hirohi himself, the Ta-Toa gives him a warm smile and nods, indicating for him to continue while she falls silent.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

Kware ignored the fact that the Onu-Toa hadn't really answered his question and turned his attention back to the Ta-Toa.

"My wife is missing. I returned home earlier and it looked as if a Kane-Ra bull had charged through it, and Teota was nowhere to be found. She's a Kodura and knows how to handle herself, so... I'm worried."

Worried. Kware felt weird saying that. Worry was an unfamiliar feeling, and he didn't like it.

OOC: Just a heads up: I am (with approval) retconning a minor detail about Teota's disappearance. Kware and Teota's house wasn't tossed. It's still all neat and orderly. Instead, Kware knows she's missing because he hasn't seen her since the previous morning.

"I'm... not sure. Do we need more of the Guard?" Kware shook his head. "Look, I just want someone to look into this, see if there are any clues or something. I know this has been happening a lot lately, but, I don't know, maybe you can find something new this time."

IC: Tarua (Concourse)

She pauses, thinks for a second, and nods at the Hirohi, giving him a reassuring, closed mouth smile while she gestures for him to lead the way. This was getting disconcerting, how many people had been taken...

OOC: At this point I think it'd be best to wait on Gyro's reply before heading back to the house, but feel free to toss in a filler post or begin to turn and walk away, Daedalus. :)

Zakaro

Edited by JustZakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

"The reason I asked was, when mining the other day, I found a strange rock. I seemed to be embedded in a block of regular stone. The first thing you'd notice is that it was glowing red. It was also round. It wasn't like any other stone I've seen." He paused. "If it even was a stone. Anything ring a bell?"

2xu8Ptu.png

IC Ahktu:

I paused, deep in thought. "Perhaps it was some kind of Lightstone?" I suggested.

IC: Tarua (Concourse)

She pauses, thinks for a second, and nods at the Hirohi, giving him a reassuring, closed mouth smile while she gestures for him to lead the way. This was getting disconcerting, how many people had been taken...

Another disappearance, and a fresh one at that. Had to remain watchful as I visited the Guard's HQ.

I followed the two.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kware (Streets)

"Thank you," Kware said.

He set off toward the northwest. Their house was located on the middle circular street. As he walked, he noticed the Onu-Toa had decided to tag along. He frowned. He didn't have much of a reason to distrust her, but he still didn't know who she was and he certainly didn't know what her interest could be in Teota's disappearance.

Teota.

Kware shook his head as images of her flooded his mind. He and Teota had figured there would be risks involved in living in an underground city, but that hadn't stopped them from trying to settle down. They spent a lot of time wandering, and they'd seen most of what the surface had to offer. Underground was different, removed. It seemed like the perfect place to try to get some rest while also having the occasional adventure they needed to stay sane.

"We're almost there," Kware said, trying to clear his mind. Turning to the Onu-Toa, he said, "I still don't know your name. Or why you're coming with us. Care to tell me?"

Edited by (Daedalus)

"Well, it could be, but...I dunno. Do you want to come to my hut? We could have a look at it."

IC Ahktu:

"Sure." I said.

"We're almost there," Kware said, trying to clear his mind. Turning to the Onu-Toa, he said, "I still don't know your name. Or why you're coming with us. Care to tell me?"

IC: Wherya (Streets)

"Name's Wherya, Private Eye" I replied to the Hirohi.

"I'm looking into the disappearances of people recently, and this is as good a chance as any to get some good clues."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I see," he responded, turning his attention back in front of him. "My name is Kware."

Kware turned right onto the circular street. "That's my house, there," he said, pointing to the third building on his left. He crossed over to it and stopped in front of the door. The dwelling stood about thirteen feet high, the doorway a foot-and-a-half shorter.

"I'm not sure how you like to handle these things," he said to the two Toa as he opened the door. He stepped inside. It was a simple, one-room dwelling. In the back left corner of the room was a kitchen area, and in the front left corner was a small table with two chairs. In the back right corner was a bed with a nightstand next to it, and in the front right corner was a wardrobe. There was little else, and the middle of the room was open and unfurnished.

"That's Teota's pipe," Kware said, indicating the intricately carved wood pipe resting on the nightstand. "She never goes anywhere without it. Her weapons are in the wardrobe, too. She never leaves without them, either."

GM IC: Almost everything in the house was neat and undisturbed, like its inhabitant had finished her day, made herself a mug of something hot (the empty vessel still sat on the kitchen bench) and gone to bed without ever suspecting that it would be her last night in Katipo. The one thing that stood out was that the covers of the bed had been pulled back and left there, dangling off the empty mattress.

ppg2.png

IC: Tarua (House)

She enters the dwelling, taking note of the quite pristine surroundings and the evidence of simple, daily life still undisturbed. Drawing closer to the bed, she speaks softly while gliding a hand close to the sheets, attempting to pick up any semblance of heat residue left in the fabric. At the least she'd be able to tell if it'd been within the last 6 hours.

"Seems to have been taken in her sleep."

The Ta-Toa frowns slightly, obviously upset at the random disappearance of the innocent being who once lived here.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

OOC: Yes, very disturbing, very mysterious. I wonder if the neighbours saw anything?

GM IC: As Taura looked away from the victim's bed, her gaze wandered out of the small window to the house across the street. It was the dwelling of another guard member, one who had accompanied her on the most recent trade expedition to the surface. It was the house of Toa Orde. The psionicist had been keeping to himself a lot since the troubles with the rahi started, and hadn't been doing his usual shifts with the guard. Word out was that he was ill.

On this morning, a light could be seen inside the house.

ppg2.png

IC: Tarua (House)

As she recognized the other dwelling just beside this one, she made a split-second decision to go pay him a visit. He could have seen something, and besides, some company may cheer the Ce-Toa up. Being sick was never fun, in her experience and opinion.

Standing and giving a gesture to the other two that she'd return, the Ta-Toa exits Kware's house and turns, stepping quickly right up to the doors of Orde's hut and giving a curt knock with the butt of her staff.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg