LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

I am Batman

A new video game in the lineup of LEGO Batman and LEGO DC Super Heroes has been announced. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham features your favourite DC super heroes in an attempt to stop Braniac from destroying earth. Including over 150 unique playable characters, over 45 missions, a unique storyline and SPACE COMBAT, this looks like it's going to be one of the most unique attempts at a LEGO video game. The game will be available on all major gaming platforms. Read more about it, check out some screenshots and watch the trailer now! No precise release date is known yet, but some websites seem to indicate a release this fall.

View the full article

I wonder why they don't just name this 'Lego Justice League' if its going to have the Justice League in it. Unless Batman is the main character and everyone else is secondary, one would think this would get more hype if it had 'Justice League' in its name.

But that alone doesn't make this game look bad. In fact, I think it looks really cool. Hopefully the game will be good. :)

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I wonder why they don't just name this 'Lego Justice League' if its going to have the Justice League in it. Unless Batman is the main character and everyone else is secondary, one would think this would get more hype if it had 'Justice League' in its name.

But alone doesn't make this game look bad. In fact, I think it looks really cool. Hopefully the game will be good. :)

Probably because Batman in general and LEGO Batman in particular have a stronger track record than the Justice League when it comes to selling video games. It's a branding thing, really.

Also, calling it LEGO Batman like the previous two titles could potentially boost sales of those titles, as people look to see where the series got its start. If it were called LEGO Justice League, then people would more likely think of it as an independent installment. If the LEGO Batman games had been spectacular failures but Warner Bros. still went ahead and produced this game, they probably WOULD have called it LEGO DC Super Heroes, LEGO Justice League, or something to that effect, because at that point the LEGO Batman brand would be a liability rather than an asset.

Depending on how much it costs, I might get it. It seems cool enough.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I'm not seeing what platforms it's on?

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I might get this game. I passed of Batman 2 due to the fact that the game was mainly centered around Batman, Superman, Joker and Lex. This game might be more akin to Marvel Superheroes where more characters are available during the main story.

Also I like the reference that Wonder Woman made about The Lego Movie.

• Upvote 1

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

You're just not clicking on the link. Scroll to the bottom.

I'm not seeing PS3...

You are their rock.

My first impression was "cyborg batman and zombie green lantern." I don't think I was that far off. :P

This also seems like an excelent time for LEGO to release another Green Lantern fig, even if its just a game exclusive. Or its a chance for them to be really mean and NOT include an easier-to-get fig of the character.

:music:

It's more than just the actor. That Batman is the best Batman. Anyone who tries to improve upon that well-established fact is clearly just wasting their time.

I have never been more serious about anything in my entire life.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

It's more than just the actor. That Batman is the best Batman. Anyone who tries to improve upon that well-established fact is clearly just wasting their time.

I have no doubt that Batman in this game will draw from his portrayal in The Lego Movie. Heck, they made a "very dark grey" joke in the trailer itself. That said, I don't know if he'll be quite as over the top as he was able to be in the Lego Movie when he didn't have to carry the story as the main character.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

You're just not clicking on the link. Scroll to the bottom.

I'm not seeing PS3...

They probably want to focus on the newer generation of consoles; that's why the Wii isn't there either.

But the X Box 360 is... I really hope it come out for PS3 I'm not ready to upgrade yet...

Kevin Conroy!

• Upvote 1

You are their rock.

I have no doubt that Batman in this game will draw from his portrayal in The Lego Movie. Heck, they made a "very dark grey" joke in the trailer itself. That said, I don't know if he'll be quite as over the top as he was able to be in the Lego Movie when he didn't have to carry the story as the main character.

Well, I think that is because Lego usually doesn't pay super famous celebrities, like Will Arnnet, to voice a character in a less famous video game that is not based on a movie sometimes. Instead, I probably think that Troy Baker, the guy who voiced Batman in both Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes and its movie adaption, would be voicing Batman for this game, Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, according to how he sounded in its trailer video.

Anyway, I am interested in buying this game because it looks awesome! I hope that I will be going to enjoy this once I buy and play it when it comes out!:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Well, I think that is because Lego usually doesn't pay super famous celebrities, like Will Arnnet, to voice a character in a less famous video game that is not based on a movie sometimes. Instead, I probably think that Troy Baker, the guy who voiced Batman in both Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes and its movie adaption, would be voicing Batman for this game, Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, according to how he sounded in its trailer video.

Anyway, I am interested in buying this game because it looks awesome! I hope that I will be going to enjoy this once I buy and play it when it comes out! :)

I was not in any way alleging that they'd bring Will Arnett back to voice Batman. I was saying that whoever DOES voice Batman (not to mention whoever writes his lines) will likely take at least some inspiration from the "jerkface" Batman Will Arnett played in TLM.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother