• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Six Series 12 Collectible Minifigs Revealed

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 1,455 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2014 - 09:41 AM

Over on a Japanese LEGO fan blog (I think it's called "LEGO-KEI"?) they have discovered a picture of what appears to be six of the upcoming minifigs from Series 12 of the collectible line. We reported on the purported lineup a little over a week ago, and this new image seems to confirm that the Space Miner, Wizard, Dino Hunter, Battle Goddess, Swashbuckler, and Video Game Guy will be part of the series. They all look great and I have a feeling some of them are going to become super-popular.

View the full article

#2 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • DJ Kumo

• 01-February 08
  • 5,989 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted May 31 2014 - 10:35 AM

These ones look pretty cool, especially the miner and dino hunter.

but suddenly, I feel the shining sun

digitallove.jpg

before I knew it, this dream was all gone

#3 Offline Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 08-July 03
  • 3,952 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 31 2014 - 11:08 AM

Want that Dino Hunter just for the bow, but the rest of her looks good, too. Video Game Guy looks very meh, but I'm sure someone will want those two color arms. 

Posted Image

BZPRPG Profiles

#4 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 25-May 09
  • 1,563 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2014 - 11:12 AM

That miner has many of my favorite pieces from previous lines. I have to get him!

Also, the Warrior Goddess has toes. :P

~click.gif

14931368843_5d9241e78e.jpg

Rahkshi Corpus ProfilesBZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#5 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

• 09-April 10
  • 5,418 posts

Posted May 31 2014 - 12:22 PM

I like the Video Game Guy. His simplistic look really helps him look the part. The Space Miner and Dino Hunter look really cool too.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#6 Offline GreatKhanArtist

GreatKhanArtist
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 17-August 02
  • 362 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2014 - 12:36 PM

Love that wizard!

Verily, I say unto you, these words which you will never find on a Lego box: "No Assembly Required".

Play well, friends.

#7 Online farmstink buttlass

farmstink buttlass
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 01-August 08
  • 4,969 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2014 - 12:49 PM

Oh man, I love the looks of the battle godess. I'm a fan of those headgear pieces with hair, and the shield looks awesome, and that skirt is pretty rad. She'll be a great complement to the warrior woman from series 10. The space miner is great too, I love the use of the unicorn horn as a drill, and that helmet (i don't think I've seen it before) is pretty nice. I also like the dino hunter, her bow is great, and the aesthetic she's got going on is just great (those side pockets are the best). Also, going off of her and the video game guy, it looks like Lego will be using the two-colored arms introduced in the Simpsons series frequently, which would be fantastic.

#8 Offline Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 08-July 03
  • 3,952 posts

Posted May 31 2014 - 02:47 PM

Oh man, I love the looks of the battle godess. I'm a fan of those headgear pieces with hair, and the shield looks awesome, and that skirt is pretty rad. She'll be a great complement to the warrior woman from series 10. The space miner is great too, I love the use of the unicorn horn as a drill, and that helmet (i don't think I've seen it before) is pretty nice. I also like the dino hunter, her bow is great, and the aesthetic she's got going on is just great (those side pockets are the best). Also, going off of her and the video game guy, it looks like Lego will be using the two-colored arms introduced in the Simpsons series frequently, which would be fantastic.

Oh man, I didn't even notice those side pockets. Is this the first time we've seen side leg printing on a minifigure?

Posted Image

BZPRPG Profiles

#9 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 17-January 03
  • 6,510 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted May 31 2014 - 02:57 PM

Oh man, I didn't even notice those side pockets. Is this the first time we've seen side leg printing on a minifigure?

It's not a first per-say. Lots of collectible minifigs who've worn "shorts" generally have some side printing to differentiate from the shorts and the legs, but it's usually quite basic. None of them have quite had that kind of detailing before.

I'm kinda impressed that the dino hunter is a fierce female. This is a pretty creative bunch, and if the rest of the series is like this, then I'll be wanting them all despite the price increase. Especially like the unicorn horn drill of the space miner!

:music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#10 Offline Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 08-July 03
  • 3,952 posts

Posted May 31 2014 - 03:21 PM

It's not a first per-say. Lots of collectible minifigs who've worn "shorts" generally have some side printing to differentiate from the shorts and the legs, but it's usually quite basic. None of them have quite had that kind of detailing before.

... Yeah, you're right. Looking at my own figures there's clearly some basic side printing to denote legs/cloth and such. Even the mummy has detailed side printing. Clearly I'm not paying enough attention to my figures.

Posted Image

BZPRPG Profiles

#11 Online ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 13-October 12
  • 756 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2014 - 03:42 PM

They looks alright but I really don't like Battle Goddess and Swashbuckler, also I wish the controller that Video Game Guy have was a new piece instead of it being a Tile 1 x 2 unless it was change to look like a NES controller then that would be awesome.

I do like that the Video Game Guy have that hair piece with headphones, also like that they put in the Player 1 on the shirt and I hope they make a player 2 shirt for like a Video Game Girl or Video Game Kid or something. The Space Miner is amazing, really like the helmet and it make me love to see a Lego Space Miner theme one day. The Dino Hunter is great, like that they made the Hunter a female then a male and I also like that the minifig look like the minifigures from LEGO Dino. I do hope to see the other 10 minifigures sometime soon.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#12 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,548 posts

Posted May 31 2014 - 04:14 PM

I'm kinda impressed that the dino hunter is a fierce female. This is a pretty creative bunch, and if the rest of the series is like this, then I'll be wanting them all despite the price increase. Especially like the unicorn horn drill of the space miner!

:music:

Actually, one of the first figures to appear with side printing on his legs was Max, the LEGO Club mascot, and he also featured detailed pockets on the side of his legs (but in his case, no front pockets and no belt). The Dino Tracker's legs are a lot more detailed since they have all three of these features, and I wouldn't mind a pair of those for my sigfig!

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 Online ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 13-October 12
  • 756 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2014 - 10:39 PM

Actually, one of the first figures to appear with side printing on his legs was Max, the LEGO Club mascot, and he also featured detailed pockets on the side of his legs (but in his case, no front pockets and no belt). The Dino Tracker's legs are a lot more detailed since they have all three of these features, and I wouldn't mind a pair of those for my sigfig!

Well it's good to see another minifigure with side pocket but I don't think they look right with printings on the front leg in my opinion. Also what is with the price increase, I thought of how good it was selling the price would lower :shrugs: 

#14 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Hunger Wild

• 05-July 10
  • 5,694 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2014 - 04:06 AM

Also what is with the price increase, I thought of how good it was selling the price would lower :shrugs:

Price of plastic continues to rise. :/

#15 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,548 posts

Posted Jun 01 2014 - 10:33 AM

Also what is with the price increase, I thought of how good it was selling the price would lower :shrugs:

Well, plastic cost is a very small factor in the cost of the minifigures (bigger factors often include things like shipping costs and the rising costs of steel molds). Demand for the minifigures also appears to have increased on account of the LEGO Movie. Raising the prices could potentially both bring in more profits and help keep the figures on store shelves for longer.

#16 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,079 posts

Posted Jun 01 2014 - 11:52 AM

this new image seems to confirm that the Space Miner, Wizard, Dino Hunter, Battle Goddess, Swashbuckler, and Video Game Guy will be part of the series.

Technically it confirms all of them, since the text below the minifigures (in Japanese) lists all the minifigures rumoured on the Hungarian fan site originally.

Edited by Meiko, Jun 01 2014 - 11:53 AM.

--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#17 Offline Smitty

Smitty
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 14-April 03
  • 1,427 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2014 - 01:44 PM

Also the much talked about side leg printing and two tone arms can be a factor in the price hike. I'm hopeful that we'll see some two toned legs like the one on Bart, Lisa, Millhouse, ect. in this wave.

"NINJA GO!"

"Yeah Ninja go clean your room..."

#18 Online ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 13-October 12
  • 756 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2014 - 02:22 PM

Well, plastic cost is a very small factor in the cost of the minifigures (bigger factors often include things like shipping costs and the rising costs of steel molds). Demand for the minifigures also appears to have increased on account of the LEGO Movie. Raising the prices could potentially both bring in more profits and help keep the figures on store shelves for longer.

Is raising the prices mostly do the opposite because it could make some people not wanting to buy them unless your like that BricksOnTheDollar guy and do something of this #AllTheBags (note I hate hashtags to death).

#19 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,239 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 02 2014 - 03:11 PM

Is raising the prices mostly do the opposite because it could make some people not wanting to buy them unless your like that BricksOnTheDollar guy and do something of this #AllTheBags (note I hate hashtags to death).

Raising prices typically has a negative impact on sales, but the situation is less clear with the CMFs. CMFs are produced in limited supply and are mostly expected to sell out. In the Lego Movie series especially, they sold out so fast that a great number of potential sales were probably lost, due to the figs selling out before the massive demand was satisfied. By raising the prices, many people certainly may choose not to buy them or to buy fewer of them—but that could very well allow those same figs to be bought by others who are less opposed to the price hike.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#20 Offline Smitty

Smitty
  • Members

• 14-April 03
  • 1,427 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 09:33 AM

So the new Lego Club magazine shows Pig Guy, Spooky Girl and the Prospector. 

10494837_782066441827904_217693601724477

Edited by Smitty, Jul 08 2014 - 09:43 AM.

"NINJA GO!"

#21 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,548 posts

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 10:14 AM

I love the spooky girl's beat-up stuffed bear! And of course her general Wednesday Addams vibe.

#22 Offline Smitty

Smitty
  • Members

• 14-April 03
  • 1,427 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 04:18 PM

I like the cloth skirt, it's much better that the printed skirts they did on the cheer leaders.

"NINJA GO!"

#23 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,149 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 10:11 PM

I seriously feel like I've seen that wizard somewhere, or maybe with a slightly different look...

#24 Online ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 13-October 12
  • 756 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2014 - 02:56 AM

You may think it something from Disney maybe?

#25 Offline Smitty

Smitty
  • Members

• 14-April 03
  • 1,427 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2014 - 06:31 AM

I seriously feel like I've seen that wizard somewhere, or maybe with a slightly different look...

He's a really generic wizard so he'll remind you of any number of wizards you've seen in your life. I for one like him other than the stars and what not all over his robe and hat.

"NINJA GO!"

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users