.I Will Play Any Bionicle Theme!

Oroki

Awesome! As I listen to "Time", I hear Toa Vakama's voice in my head saying "Time, of course, that's what the Makuta was after!" (Something like that, been a while since I last saw the movie)

Very close, it's actually "Time, of course, that's what the false Turaga wanted!"

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Awesome! As I listen to "Time", I hear Toa Vakama's voice in my head saying "Time, of course, that's what the Makuta was after!" (Something like that, been a while since I last saw the movie)

Very close, it's actually "Time, of course, that's what the false Turaga wanted!"

Thanks, I actually changed it in the description.

banner1.png

I thought that at first but bionicle is so old who would actually be looking to do that?

On second thought, I know that youtube has automatically taken down things because of their names, so maybe that happened here.

EDIT: The music is still there, the links just broken for some reason.

https://soundcloud.com/ralphdierickx

Edited by Toa Leva

How Do you do?

Ah, good, the music is still there. I'll have to listen to it now! Thanks.

Oh god, no living creature should ever hear the sound I made when I listened to that repeated note pattern in "Time". Oh, the nostalgia. Good work!

Edited by Jamescax

I thought that at first but bionicle is so old who would actually be looking to do that?

On second thought, I know that youtube has automatically taken down things because of their names, so maybe that happened here.

EDIT: The music is still there, the links just broken for some reason.

https://soundcloud.com/ralphdierickx

Thanks, I see what happened now and I'll fix it right away.

banner1.png

Wow, you never seize to impress me.

Though it's not as calm and relaxed as the original, your version of Le-Wahi has a much more mysterious and emotional mood that fits the jungles of Mata Nui very well.

Also the description on soundcloud is pure gold  :P

Hail Denmark

Wow, you never seize to impress me.

Though it's not as calm and relaxed as the original, your version of Le-Wahi has a much more mysterious and emotional mood that fits the jungles of Mata Nui very well.

Also the description on soundcloud is pure gold  :P

Once again, Oroki, your work is beautiful.

Oh my goodness, this may be the best one yet. I always loved this tune and thought it was very much underused.

Well, that happened faster than ever. What a crowd! :P Thanks guys.

banner1.png

I hate asking but what is that Le-Wahi theme from? I didn't recognise it from anything.

It sounds great though :D

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

I hate asking but what is that Le-Wahi theme from? I didn't recognise it from anything.

It sounds great though :D

It's from MNOLG II as far as I know.

True. It first appeared here, though.

I guess I got nothing better to do.

Getting those seconded requests out of my system. It's barely august and one is done. That is good. Does anyone else think this song sounds kinda sparkly?

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

banner1.png

Oh my goodness dat Chronicler's Company. I would kill to learn that. I see you have no sheets but could you give me a chord progression and I could probably figure it out from there?

Sure! I'll make a chord sheet, just like I promised to do with the first two for Elissa (previous page).

I have to note that in my recordings, I use a lot of chord extensions, though. And sometimes I use substitutes. In transcription I always keep as close to the original as possible.

Oh, guess what? I'm already done.

Elissa,

for you.

Edited by Oroki
  • Upvote 1

banner1.png

Oh my goodness dat Chronicler's Company. I would kill to learn that. I see you have no sheets but could you give me a chord progression and I could probably figure it out from there?

Sure! I'll make a chord sheet, just like I promised to do with the first two for Elissa (previous page).

I have to note that in my recordings, I use a lot of chord extensions, though. And sometimes I use substitutes. In transcription I always keep as close to the original as possible.

Elissa,

for you.

Oh my gosh man you are amazing thank you so much! I'll be playing this later today :)

Elissa,

for you.

Oh my gosh man you are amazing thank you so much! I'll be playing this later today :)

Ohs Noes! I screwed up at the last chord. It should be Bmb5. Not b7! I changed it and updated the links. Sorry man haha.

banner1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to request this piece from the 2003 flash animations. It's a bit hard to hear, but I couldn't find a video where it was =/.

Link

That actually sounds a lot like the theme I requested, which played during the defeat of the Bohrok-Kal... though not quite the same thing, it's in a different key. Maybe Oroki could do an epic long Bohrok-Kal piece?

IrMSNn3.png

Wow, Oroki, you have more trouble than a stampede of kane-ra.

I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, you can take your time with my request. I probably won't be back here for a week.

The avak fight theme re-request, from BIONICLE Heroes, Avak's dynamo.

Ehe... This one grew into an extremely challenging arrangement. I'm going to need the whole month for this one, so I'm sure taking my sweet, sweet time. The goal is to have tight-knit intricate IWPABT by the end of August.

These are pretty great.

"Time" and "Matoran" both hit me right in the nostalgia.

No requests from me, for now at least, just wanted to compliment your skills.

Thanks, Makuta!

I'd like to request this piece from the 2003 flash animations. It's a bit hard to hear, but I couldn't find a video where it was =/.

Link

That actually sounds a lot like the theme I requested, which played during the defeat of the Bohrok-Kal... though not quite the same thing, it's in a different key. Maybe Oroki could do an epic long Bohrok-Kal piece?

Yep. These are ultimately the same theme, but the latter one has the beach chant instead for the usual intro and gets mixed with a beat later on. These requests desperately wish to be one!

Keep an ear open. I didn't forget about you guys!

EDIT: IWPABT #10 postponed. I just moved to a new place and it's absolutely marvelous. But sadly, I don't have a piano here, so that makes making these a bit impractical shal we say. Oh well, we'll see to that eventually. There's going to be a drastic change of pace here.

Edited by Oroki

banner1.png

• 2 weeks later...

#10 will be worth the wait

• Upvote 1

I would be especially curious to hear an analysis of that "ahhhhwahhh" sort of noise at the beginning and throughout (it's heard a lot in MNOLG as well - it's sort of a leitmotif for Mata Nui); I've been trying to reproduce that sound for a while without much luck.

Would that happen to also be the "whaaahaaahaaahaaa" noise in Ko-Koro?

Because if so then I believe it's a Soprano Saxophone or Tarogato.

(At least I recall it sounding like one the last time I played)

EDIT: I hate spelling Tarogato. =P

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

#10 will be worth the wait

Indeed

Nothings happened in a while...

Oroki said he just moved to a new place where he doesn't have his piano. Be patient, he'll get around to do it eventually.

Long-waiting time for us stand-waiters!

I gotta thank you guys for being a peach and waiting the wait. I'm working on it, but sadly a little bit of it is beyond my power. Good thing I can get studio access at my study though! Too bad their new online reservation system is like a lime ball joint.

I'll see if I can start up a different kind of musical project in the meantime!

• Upvote 3

banner1.png

Wow! You are extremely talented. Especially since you figured this out all by ear. I am very impressed.

Some of these are just wonderful. Very calming piano music. Especially Le-Wahi and Lhikan's theme. Excellent compositions. Keep up the good work. :)

EDIT: I just listened to your rendition of the track "Matoran". You nailed it. I got goosebumps all over. I felt the same magic I did when watch Mask of Light all those years ago. Thank you, this has made my day. 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow! You are extremely talented. Especially since you figured this out all by ear. I am very impressed.

Some of these are just wonderful. Very calming piano music. Especially Le-Wahi and Lhikan's theme. Excellent compositions. Keep up the good work. :)

EDIT: I just listened to your rendition of the track "Matoran". You nailed it. I got goosebumps all over. I felt the same magic I did when watch Mask of Light all those years ago. Thank you, this has made my day. 

-NotS

You're welcome! It's great to see that people still like these and these and it's even greater to know when music touches someone.

How about a piano rendition of the opening/main theme from Bionicle: The Game? If you would, play as many of those sweet, sweet chords as your fingers allow.

Hey there, levaNuva. I'll ad the request, but it's become a long, long list by now. I'll recoup it for you as well as I can. As it is, I moved and got into college back in september, which put me into a rather odd position. While there are piano's available at "school", I don't have time nor permission for any all-out recording sessions. Thus froze the topic for a bit, but I don't really plan on ending it just yet.

Anyway, this feels like a good moment to catch up a bit in general. It's been a bit hectic over here, but there's always time for music in my book. I still wanted to start another lego-related project, but I'm not really sure what I mean by that yet. Guess I just need to take a bit of a nostalgia trip again and see whatever comes up? This weekend I plan to get my acoustic guitar fixed, so maybe I can use that. Come to think of it, yeah, maybe I'm up to something. I don't know why, but the word cryoshell comes to mind. We'll see...

Big shout out to all of you still checking out the old stuff. You are awesome.

• Upvote 2

banner1.png

-NotS

You're welcome! It's great to see that people still like these and these and it's even greater to know when music touches someone.

How about a piano rendition of the opening/main theme from Bionicle: The Game? If you would, play as many of those sweet, sweet chords as your fingers allow.

Hey there, levaNuva. I'll ad the request, but it's become a long, long list by now. I'll recoup it for you as well as I can. As it is, I moved and got into college back in september, which put me into a rather odd position. While there are piano's available at "school", I don't have time nor permission for any all-out recording sessions. Thus froze the topic for a bit, but I don't really plan on ending it just yet.

Anyway, this feels like a good moment to catch up a bit in general. It's been a bit hectic over here, but there's always time for music in my book. I still wanted to start another lego-related project, but I'm not really sure what I mean by that yet. Guess I just need to take a bit of a nostalgia trip again and see whatever comes up? This weekend I plan to get my acoustic guitar fixed, so maybe I can use that. Come to think of it, yeah, maybe I'm up to something. I don't know why, but the word cryoshell comes to mind. We'll see...

Big shout out to all of you still checking out the old stuff. You are awesome.

You'll be glad to know the main theme of Bionicle: The Game is already in the list so it doesn't count as an extra :D