• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Red Skies: Review Topic

FTL Story Prequel Review

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Boomerang Catcher

• 11,611 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2014 - 12:27 PM

Hello, folks. As you probably guessed, this is the review topic for the FTL prequel story "Red Skies", Discussion of the story itself should be done here, rather than cluttering the game topic. 

As an author's note; As you've probably guessed if you're reading this, this story is the prequel to the RPG currently running. It details the story of the Invasion of Terra, as told largely from the viewpoint of then-Captain Daniels, along with cameo appearances of other characters from the RPG. All of the broad events and details in this story have been provided by the ever-patient Humva, and he has fact-checked anything I have come up with. 

There will likely be eight installments, each one at least as long as the first. Cameo appearances will start a little later, and if you want one for a character, let me know and I'll try to slip it in.

Enjoy.

Story Topic

Edited by Simon the Digger, Jun 01 2014 - 12:31 PM.

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#2 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,084 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 02 2014 - 08:12 AM

I like this story, I like it a lot. You portrayed the tension when the alarm went off and before the Mantis jumped in quite well. I'm eagerly awaiting the rest of the story. If you can slip a canto of Gaven in, I'd appreciate it.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

#3 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Boomerang Catcher

• 11,611 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 12 2014 - 11:20 PM

Sorry the wait has been so long, but life was a little hectic for a bit. If the end of this installment seems abrupt, there's a reason; it was intended to go on a little longer. That would have made it ridiculously long, however, so I've split it into two parts. 

But, without further rambling, here it is:

The Second Day

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users