Catra

True enough. If it was Dave I could see the oh nos being sarcastic, but I'm not sure sarcasm is in John's dictionary. Or dauntingly large tome penned by Colonel Sassacre.

Sarcasm is quite in John's dictionary. He's not exactly the lovable derp the fandom makes him out to be; in fact at times he can be kinda a prick.

bionicle is trans culture

Oh, he can be a bit of a prick, sure, but he's never quite convinced me that he's bright enough to make an effective use of sarcasm.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Oh, he can be a bit of a prick, sure, but he's never quite convinced me that he's bright enough to make an effective use of sarcasm.

You realize I'm talking about John Egbert rightI think he's well clever enough to make use of sarcasmBack on subject: I think it wasn't so much as John being derpy as it was that it just plain slipped his mind that buckets were taboo for trolls; not to mention he really didn't have anything else on hand to use, at least that he could find in the short window of time that Jade allowed.

bionicle is trans culture

You realize I'm talking about John Egbert rightI think he's well clever enough to make use of sarcasm
John's always struck me as being a "cool dude", which is why he's one of my least favorite characters. He's nice, sure, but he shows no emotional depth compared to the other kids or some of the more prominent trolls. He seems to be only marginally aware of the fact that love, hatred, and sarcasm are even things.He's just not interesting! I go into a story not caring much about the characters, and they more often than not give me a reason to care. That's been the case with the other kids - Rose and Dave's stoicism cracking, Dave learning to accept himself for who he is, Rose overcoming the darker part of her nature, Jade losing everything special she had and having to work her way up... all of that made them interesting.John's basically the same derp he was at the beginning of Homestuck, albeit one with the powers of a demigod and significantly more MANGRIT. Zero development, zero depth. Who cares about him? Not me.And wow this turned into a "why I hate John" rant really fast-Canama Edited by Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

Well, John's an okay character, and I'm not precisely saying he's an intellectual brick, he's just... a bit thick, really. Only he would fail to remember how trolls view buckets until mid-throw.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

You realize I'm talking about John Egbert rightI think he's well clever enough to make use of sarcasm
John's always struck me as being a "cool dude", which is why he's one of my least favorite characters. He's nice, sure, but he shows no emotional depth compared to the other kids or some of the more prominent trolls. He seems to be only marginally aware of the fact that love, hatred, and sarcasm are even things.He's just not interesting! I go into a story not caring much about the characters, and they more often than not give me a reason to care. That's been the case with the other kids - Rose and Dave's stoicism cracking, Dave learning to accept himself for who he is, Rose overcoming the darker part of her nature, Jade losing everything special she had and having to work her way up... all of that made them interesting.John's basically the same derp he was at the beginning of Homestuck, albeit one with the powers of a demigod and significantly more MANGRIT. Zero development, zero depth. Who cares about him? Not me.And wow this turned into a "why I hate John" rant really fast-Canama
Ouch...I see where you're coming from, but I can't agree with you. Yes, John has changed little from the start of the story. No, I don't think that means he has no character depth.It's true that he doesn't understand how or why a lot of things happen and as the the session progresses he doesn't really grasp the danger or the stakes. That's just a fact of John. But he does care a lot about his friends. Where the others get sidetracked by the sheer size of what they're up against, John still keeps to his own simple views. He is always focused on the present and reacts to what's happening in the here and now. (Probably the reason that he's the kid with the least amount of time stuff happening to him.) In many ways I think John feels bad that he doesn't grasp the bigger things that, Jade, Dave, and Rose understand. I also think he knows he never will. So he does what he can, often helping the others with tasks or choirs. So, in my opinion John's character depth doesn't come from him changing, but from how he doesn't change. He's not dumb enough to realize bad things aren't happening. But he also doesn't let that control his actions or thoughts.Just my $0.02. Edited by ankyfdarkness

silverbladebanner.jpg

You put it so much better than I could. He's a little thick, certainly not clever, but he isn't precisely stupid, and he's still a functional character.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

AUUUUGH.Excuse me while I have a Karkat-style mental breakdown.First, the eyebrows. Just... argleblargle those eyebrows. It is impossible not to eye those brows, and not get the feeling that the brows are eyeing you.Second, uh... Don't click the top right. Ever. That is the primary root of the argleblargdown.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm not sure whether to laugh at the new update or go cry in a corner. I think I am now mentally scarred.TOO LATE; I CLICKED THE TOP RIGHT D:Poor, poor Karkat. It's not his fault John worded everything in that message in the worst way possible.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

AUUUUGH.Excuse me while I have a Karkat-style mental breakdown.First, the eyebrows. Just... argleblargle those eyebrows. It is impossible not to eye those brows, and not get the feeling that the brows are eyeing you.Second, uh... Don't click the top right. Ever. That is the primary root of the argleblargdown.

I second this.

silverbladebanner.jpg

I second this.
I would third this if I hadn't already broken the left clicker mashing the replay button.

On the latest page... You can't look me in the eye and honestly tell me that isn't a little dance he's doing. Really, you can't, because, you know, um... this is the internet. Eye-contact doesn't happen here.But even if eye-contact did happen here, you couldn't do it. Because it's a little dance.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, I hope it isn't suicidal for most of them. Universe-hopping doesn't sound too bad.I also hope Aradia doesn't die some more in slowing Jack down. Hopefully it's just the "ahaha, Time Bubble" sort of slowing down and not the "Look at me, I'm a target oh and also Time Bubble ahaha" sort of slowing down.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

*Sadly hands over internet monies* :(Hey, could Aradia possibly freeze Jack and then have Sollux psych-blast him? Or possibly have him move her out of the way of attacks while she freezes time around Jack?

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.