Catra

I think we can most definitely put Roxy's mother's behavior down to some flavor of spiteful mindgames.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I will now be forced to read everything Strider says in Richard Nixon's voice. Nothing can dissuade me from this.Also, Strider is definitely the Ace of Clubs. Yup.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Uh, I'm going to put my guess in for all the things. Allllllll the things are being thrown against your wall right now.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

You have no idea how many things are being thrown against my wall right now.

someonesmad.jpgI for one like this name. Especially since it means "ruler of the people".Roxy on the other hand, eh. Not so fond. Edited by Aho-Chan

bionicle is trans culture

"I think we should seriously talk about your name, Roxy. I'm afraid your career choices may be limited to a Limozeen groupie or maybe an American Gladiator. [...] You don't meet too many Professors of Women Studies named Roxy." - Strongest of the Bads.But seriously the names are awesome. They are exemplary of their characters, Roxy for being that ditsy sort of girl, yet sciencey (also a sometimes shortening of Roseline, so that's pretty neat). Dirk because it rhymes with a word starting with a j, and all that stuff about it meaning leader or type of sword, clever. Everyone complains about him not being Dick, but at the end of the day, it would have been terrible. It's just because it goes against the overhyped and pretty much unfounded expectations previously established that there's this level of disappointment.Though what you did Kohila is pretty hilarious, I'm sorry. :Psignoff.png

Edited by Phyoohrii

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

I'm okay with both names, they're cool. I do admit I would have almost preferred Dick (Because Fun w/ Dick & Jane, and also XY/XX in genetics) but Dirk is pretty awesome as well.And yeah, that name change was preemptively headed for disaster. Such strong irony.Also, with them being the Rogue of Void and Prince of Heart, it's like Nepeta and Equius's legacy. Or at least Nepeta. (Rogue+Heart)

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

I'm just glad no-one important seems to be the something-something of Hope. Hope-people always go terrible.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm just glad no-one here seems to be the something-something of Hope. Hope-people always go terrible.

Uh whatJake being the Page of Hope didn't stop being a thing y'know

I'd much rather stick to a Strider actually, but Kohila has Dick eh, Dirk so timaeusTestified isn't very available. Maybe if I changed to Prince of Heart. :?

You could still be one of those namesI know Ghostie and Thylon are/were twinArmageddons and Sollux Captor simultaneously (Thylon's since changed his name though), and someone's floating around here with caligulasAquarium even though I had that name before. Edited by Aho-Chan

I'm presently doing an odd little piece for the tipsyGnostalgic. I am uncertain if I'm going to be doing more than that, but if I do, it's likely to be a guitar-heavy, Jeff Beck-inspired (though nowhere near the quality and easily five times the crazy, because I'm completely ridiculous) piece for Bec Noir (because punes).

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So I was wondering, what are all your mythological titles?I'm either a Hero Of Space or Hero Of Flesh(yes I made that one up)

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Blood could stand in for Flesh easily. Also apparently more titles okay fine go ahead and make some up. Can you imagine a Prince of Bacon and Swiss? That would be pretty objectively cool oh gog I need sleep.If I absolutely had to be one, it would probably be either Bard of Space or Bard of Hope. Space probably for the same reason Xomeron up there thought Space was a good idea, Hope because I'm a terrible little 6'3" gnome with a simultaneously idealistically optimistic and pragmatically pessimistic view of the world. Bard because I've got a freaking penny whistle and know how to use it. Used to play an instrument that goes "honk," too, but I have since mercifully abandoned the baritone horn.Also, out of curiosity, twinArmageddons, do either of the pieces you're writing have a specific musical theme set yet, or perhaps an instrument list? As I'm already composing the Tipsy Madrigog, I know for a fact that it's based around abrupt shifts in time-signature (and occasionally tempo) and has mandolin, mandola, harpsichord, cello, wood blocks, splash cymbal, and tambourine. All I know about the other piece so far is that the rhythm section will be a beastly combo of timpani, drumkit, and contrabass, and that there should be some pretty sicknasty guitar in there. Probably trumpets, too, because at this point sanity is crying in a ditch.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

For reference, my friends and I have a full party.Me, the Hero Of FleshMy best bro, the Thief Of MindOur mutual lady-friend, the Knight Of ShadowsMy dead ex, the Witch Of Thunder"One of these shall bring life to the legions of the cursed at his command.""One shall summon the darkness itself to fight at her command""One shall gather the minds of his enemies to fuel his own fury""One shall return the lightning to the world."We're actually working on an MSPA, which mostly revolves around the problems caused by us lacking a Time or Space player, and the potential each of our powers has for us to descend into Grimdarkness.

Edited by King Of Shadows

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

And also no one better take the name Dirk Strider between now and early February or I'll flip a gasket.

So temptedBut nah, you can have it.-Canama Edited by Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

Are any of you guys familiar with the track White Host, Green Room on At The Price Of Oblivion?Because I went to my folder with that album and I've never noticed that track before so I decided to listen and about five seconds in is a tiny bit of Cascade.Between that and the album cover, I wonder how many other hints to Cascade were in that album?

Edited by Aho-Chan

There really weren't 'hints' so much as common themes, I think. Cascade was originally penned as an alternate mix to Descend, and the brief sample you hear is a bit different than the final version.Also, you really have to consider that most of the tracks on the album are inspired by what is going on in the comic at the time. Considering Price of Oblivion came out when we were just starting to learn about the green sun and it's full 'purpose' (misled as we all were but never lied to), and Cascade came out when all the cards were on the table about Scratch's plans, it really makes a lot of sense that, musically, Oblivion sets up Cascade in a roundabout way since that's exactly what was going on storywise.Also, wooo for Rage Hoodie.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Agreed. If there's just, you know, a wink and a nod here and/or there, it'll be fine, but full-on blargleblargle horses like Equius (or, more recently, what appears to be Mr. D. Strider's TV) would be creepy.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Nah, Dirk's pretty sincere about his weird horse and puppet fetishes. Guy's just too cool to care.I mean, Bro's shtick has always been that he likes creepy things, like Cal.But yeah the bronysm is probably ironic. Not that it being a sincere interest would be terrible.

AXKP5KC.png

Nah, Dirk's pretty sincere about his weird horse and puppet fetishes. Guy's just too cool to care.I mean, Bro's shtick has always been that he likes creepy things, like Cal.But yeah the bronysm is probably ironic. Not that it being a sincere interest would be terrible.

It's not really ironic to like ponies anymore, is it? Too many people enjoy it for Dirk to pick it up because it's "ironic".He seems less obsessed with being ironic than Dave does, in general, and I love him for that. He just enjoys what he likes regardless of what society thinks of him. It's pretty awesome.

silverbladebanner.jpg

Yeah, Dirk's a "I'm weird and I know it, too dang cool to care" type of guy, which is indeed awesome.The thing with Dirk is that his irony in deeply veiled with traces of genuine sincerity. Liking MLP is more of a minor facet of his genuine interest in horses, probably. It's also ironic because the horses he likes are of another kind entirely.Complicated stuff.

AXKP5KC.png

Yeah, Dirk's a "I'm weird and I know it, too dang cool to care" type of guy, which is indeed awesome.The thing with Dirk is that his irony in deeply veiled with traces of genuine sincerity. Liking MLP is more of a minor facet of his genuine interest in horses, probably. It's also ironic because the horses he likes are of another kind entirely.Complicated stuff.

But did he ever outright say that his interests were based on irony? If so than, yeah, it's likely MLP is not a real interest, or at least not one he enjoys because of the show itself.

silverbladebanner.jpg

Great. An alternation between BARK and MEOW, likely with related meanings. Also rather interesting potential non-clues (that are also potential clues) in the little synopsis of CotL.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm currently expecting when everything is going really badly for the reset kids and they're getting overpowered, the kids and trolls will show up and basically save the day before helping the reset kids power grind to higher levels and the whole pack will team up to take out Bec Noir.

-Rover