Catra

My question is, can people with the GIFT OF GAB use that on people who don't have the GIFT OF GAB? Say, if someone hasn't reached the level where they get the GIFT OF GAB, can John just talk to them out of the blue? Do you have to be speaking in-person to use the GIFT OF GAB?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I think you're thinking this out a little too thoroughly.After all, if you finally managed to meet an online friend and were able to talk to them in real life (represented by the space between the windows) without any sort of gaming abstraction (such as dream bubbles, interactive games, etc) or chat clients, wouldn't you say you received the something like the Gift of Gab?

bionicle is trans culture

So, did anyone else think RoboHussie was going to use the ship as an arm-rest when they saw the page with him just standing there all blurry with his arm half-way extended like he's about to lean on something?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

My main emotions related to MSPA are as follows1: Hatred of AH's self inserts2: Hatred of the Trolls3: Attractions to Vriska and Rose which I find incredibly disturbing4: Dave is awesome

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

The Trolls are annoying because they detracted so much time and energy from an actual good story for a pile of self righteous shipping shenanigans. I dislike author-inserts on a matter of principle.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

The whole point of the trolls was to reveal facets of the game that could not be explored in a timely fashion from the kids' perspective. And to introduce a more diverse cast of characters. The "shipping shenanigans" (ie, the romance) were included in the story to ease the story into revealing Sburb/Sgrub is all about the coming-of-age principle. Every character sans those who died. (And even several of those who did) have had very interesting and complex character development, and for that reason alone I cannot hate them at all.Not that I get the whole "Trolls are drawing away from the true story!!" perspective anyways.

AXKP5KC.png

Yeah, if you didn't know about the Trolls, the storyline would have been too confusing. Also, I thought the author inserts were well done. He does it in a way that contributes to the story.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Well, they do contribute to the story, and they're also hilarious in their own way. You just have to be taking it at exactly the right level of seriousness.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Three years.I don't.. welp. That sort of sucks.

Ditto. :(

My main emotions related to MSPA are as follows1: Hatred of AH's self inserts2: Hatred of the Trolls3: Attractions to Vriska and Rose which I find incredibly disturbing4: Dave is awesome

1: I think those are annoying, too.2: Understood.3: Don't have attractions to these characters, but there are others.4: Yes he is.

How can one hate the trolls as a unit. I can even understand individual trolls but all of them? That's silly.I personally don't get the hate on AH' ridiculous self-inserts. They're too absurd.

Well, they did just insert themselves into the story and took over the narrative for quite a while. I enjoy the trolls but I can see why others hate them.

silverbladebanner.jpg

I'm not really a fan of the rage symbol (as aesthetically cool as it is), although I don't know what would be reasonable instead. I just don't really see it as representing the whole idea of rage or any related theme. :shrugs: Blood is nice, though. It's nice to finally see all 12 God Tier designs, either way.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

On the topic of the new update... I think SOMEBODY's going to have his black shiny carapace handed to him.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

The recent update raises an interesting question. We're well aware that the powers people wearing rings prototyped with Bec have can kill, but is it possible that the reverse could be done?Knowing Hussie so far, I'm guessing probably no. The firefly is just being dim.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, reviving people seems very un-Hussie-ish. He's about as likely to do that as he is to stop using non-sound-effect words for sound-effects.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

None of that matters because Sufferer pendant. Even though I also bought a Blood tshirt but whatever.

I could easily get that by going to a jewelry store or something and picking up a Cancer pendant.Therefore, I opted to order a spirograph keychain. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png Edited by Aho-Chan

None of that matters because Sufferer pendant. Even though I also bought a Blood tshirt but whatever.

I could easily get that by going to a jewelry store or something and picking up a Cancer pendant.Therefore, I opted to order a spirograph keychain. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png
Mreh, the only ones I could find were ridiculously expensive or too stylistic. Not that I went to a jewellery store or anything, just looked online and such, but I was thinking about going to one of those new age stores, seeing if they would have one. But now don't have to.Spirograph keychain and pendant are nice, if I was stinking rich I might have picked those up too. Well, the keychain anyway. But I've got loads of keychains anyway and I only really have one key right now, so bit redundant. And my affinity towards Karkat/Sufferer/my star sign knows no bounds.signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

I think the reason I sprang for the spiro chain and not the Cancer sign was simply because people wouldn't see me with it and associate it with Homestuck; they'd see it and think my sign is Cancer, when it's not, and I'd hate to have to get into any potential long-winded explanations about it and why I was wearing it instead of a Taurus sign.That, and I actually have multiple keys. Go figure.

I'd probably go for the Spirograph too, just to save myself explaining the mismatched Star sign debate. If you're a Cancer, though, then I think you can go nuts with them. Make them into earrings. Attach bells to them. Print them on your undies. Show some pride in your star sign! :biggrin:I have too many keychains, but that's because I collect them. My keys are keychain-less, though; I have a mound of key chains just all linked together with no other use than to be picked out if I'm feeling frivolous. The lump is now bigger than my fist and that leads me to believe it is growing without my assistance.Darnit Jack you get back there right this minute and romance her! Kiss her ya wimp!

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Redglare wasn't a Cancer. :P But yeah, I'm sure if I wasn't a Cancer I wouldn't even think about it. And getting the Spiro would be cool for summoning sprites and such. Because that's actually what they do in real life as well for sure. They do look cool, anyhow. Wish I'd waited for the calendar, though, I'm currently calendarless for next year and that one looks pretty sweet. Oh well.Oh and those updates, who knew a firefly could provide such emotions to a story.signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

Well, it had looked like the intermission would focus on the kids; then it appeared not. Looks like we're back to Dave and Rose now, at least (which of course was the natural focus, what with the trolls nearing the Green Sun).Or, to practically quote myself upon seeing the update: AAAWWW YYYEEAA.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I reckon Sollux got all the 1-UPs when they were playing their session. ALL. OF. THEM.How can Rose SEE under there? It's rather ironic, her being the Seer and all.

I reckon Sollux got all the 1-UPs when they were playing their session. ALL. OF. THEM.How can Rose SEE under there? It's rather ironic, her being the Seer and all.

I think that her hood is probably based on the trope of the blind seer.~ BioGio

Me, on seeing the update "Hey, Rose and Dave are back...Uh, who's the dead troll?"

-Rover

Well, it had looked like the intermission would focus on the kids; then it appeared not. Looks like we're back to Dave and Rose now, at least (which of course was the natural focus, what with the trolls nearing the Green Sun).Or, to practically quote myself upon seeing the update: AAAWWW YYYEEAA.~ BioGio

Ditto. Seeing Aradia again is awesome. It's just a bonus that she always seems to be smiling since she went God Tier.

silverbladebanner.jpg