New LEGO Ideas Set Revealed

The LEGO Ideas Team made a new blog post today with the results of the Winter 2014 review. Unfortunately, the Macross, Zelda, Japanese architecture, Adventure Time, UCS DeLorean, and Sherlock projects did not make the cut. But that means that the Female Minifigure Set did pass review and will be released as a set this August! It will now be called the 'Research Institute;' we've yet to see how much the set will change from the submission, but it's great to see a new set coming out of the program, and a non-licensed one at that!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Totally excited for this one, more so than the other Cuusoo sets. Although the cheaper price point helps too.

I do hope they deck out the minifigs tho, since the ones in the initial project look to be made just using standard designs from LDD.

:music:

Edited by xccj

First off: Too bad about Japanese architecture. I would have loved to see that one pass.

Second off: YES! I think this is the first time I've been excited about a CUUSOO/Ideas set release. The little vignettes are so creatively done and I've love to see some new minifigure prints to go along with them. Definitely looking forward to these when they get released. ^_^

BZPRPG

Yeah, this is totally cool. I didn't think anything would stop that one from going through and I'm glad it did.

I'm also not even remotely surprised that yet another Legend of Zelda set did not pass. It's just not happening this way.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Man, I was really hoping the Japanese architecture would pass. I would have done everything in my power to get one! Eh, I'll get over it.

Anyway, I kinda knew this one would pass. Not sure why, but I just thought it would.

mindeth the cobwebs