Renok, Toa of Gravity

Fine work! I'm no critic, so I can simply offer my praise. Now, I may personally think that, say, purple, would be a more aesthetically pleasing color rather than gold for this model, but it's a beautiful piece all the same.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Fine work! I'm no critic, so I can simply offer my praise. Now, I may personally think that, say, purple, would be a more aesthetically pleasing color rather than gold for this model, but it's a beautiful piece all the same.

I would've used purple to stick to the canon color scheme, but I don't have the purple parts that I otherwise would've used for this MOC. So I took some creative liberty and went with keetorange instead.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

I like it! Big, tall and heavy. You've achieved a great smooth build from the feet to the torso. The upper arms are a bit bulky, though. Did you do the arms last?

The hands are very plausible hands and a lot better than any the bionicle team ever came up with.

Uhh... I mean, "the hand" of course

Edited by Oroki

banner1.png

• 3 weeks later...

The upper arms are a bit bulky, though. Did you do the arms last?

The hands are very plausible hands and a lot better than any the bionicle team ever came up with.

Uhh... I mean, "the hand" of course

Yes, I did the arms last. I tend to struggle a bit when it comes to custom limbs.

Glad you like the hand (and the MOC itself). ;)

The minifigure arms used as hands is great and i love the color scheme.

Glad you like it. :)

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Ooh, pretty!

I must say, I really like the blade-hand design. The minifig fingers on the other hand are great, but the way the hilt of the weapon looks like it really is some sort of power module or mechanism really gives it a realistic touch.

The rest of the build is a bit hard to see, because of the solid black areas, but I definitely like what I can see from a build standpoint.

My one complaint is the use of four different accent colors: ice blue on the blade, Keetorange on the armor flair, red for the indicator light on the blade hilt, and green for the eyes. The red doesn't stand out too badly, since it sort of goes with the black, but the other three accent colors are a bit much. The ice blue and the Keetorange work fine together; it's the eyes that bug me. There was a light blue Metru brain stalk that came with Toa Nuju, I believe... I can understand if you don't have that specific piece though; overall it's a pretty minor complaint.

Lastly, I think it's kind of ironic (or possibly fitting) that a Toa of Gravity is abnormally tall. :P

banner.jpg

This is pretty good I'll give you that. But normally toa's with the element of gravity have purple in their color scheme and this one doesn't but that's ok. This moc breaks the traditional mold in a very nice way. Hey that rhymed! Good work dude. ;)

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png