• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Ko-Metru Quote

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,241 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 03 2014 - 10:39 PM

Just a random question that came to my head.

I remember reading this one quote in one of the bionicle books (or movies can't remember) pertaining to Ko-Metru and the knowledge towers. Essentially, the meaning of the quote was about looking into the future instead of worrying about past events. Something about how you can't move forward if you're always looking back. I can't for the life of me find the exact quote.

Any help?

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#2 Online ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,196 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 12:41 AM

I vaguely remember the quote. The one I recall is in one of the comics (Seeds of Doom, I think it was called) when Nokama asked Nuju about how he managed to break free of the youngling vines. That scene was ended by Nuju saying, "I'm from Ko-Metru. We think ahead."

This scene was also in Adventures #2, shortly before the Toa Metru confronted the King Root. 

Or, I could be completely wrong and it's in another book entirely. :P

signoffffff.png

askcyrahk2.jpg

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the signoff!

#3 Offline Silverglass

Silverglass
  • Members
  • Toa

• 180 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 03:26 AM

"A gift to the future of Metru Nui," (said by Nuju in Adventures 1: Mystery of Metru Nui) is the closest I can think of.  :notsure:

EDIT: Five minutes into Legends of Metru Nui, Turaga Vakama has a quote that might fit...

"But, it also was a time of reason, study, observance, and looking into the future. And few looked further forward, without seeing what was in plain sight, than dear Nuju."

Edited by Silverglass, Jun 04 2014 - 03:50 AM.

If you have noticed this notice, you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing.

#4 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,241 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 06:45 AM

Not exactly, but the first nuju quote is close.

The quote was talking favourably about the ko-matoran. Maybe it was on one of the websites?

what

#5 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

• 5,407 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 05 2014 - 02:11 AM

Maybe you're talking about the quote in Voyage of Fear where Nokama says "you can't steer a boat if you're looking back all the time. You need to look ahead"? That's not a Nuju quote, but it sounds the closest to what you were explaining.

Also, in the Legends of Metru Nui novel (not the movie), Whenua understands the importance of future as well as history (yay, character development) and says that sometimes you just need to look ahead and let go of the past. This scene is when they are riding the Vahki transport away from the Coliseum and they see all they know and love crumble around them.

#6 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,241 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 05 2014 - 12:22 PM

That sounds about right tapio. Pretty much what I was looking for.

For some reason I strongly remember it being related to ko-metru, but I must be mistaken then.

If there's nothing else, then I can assume that tapio is right (:

what

#7 Offline Iron_Man5

Iron_Man5
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 473 posts

Posted Jun 05 2014 - 11:14 PM

You could always try googling it ;) I've found many a quote by doing that. :)

"I am Iron Man"

:i:  :a: :m:  :i: :r: :m_o: :n:  :m: :a: :n:

bannerbzp_by_tattorack-d7ht9tk.jpg

#8 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 633 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 13 2014 - 05:45 PM

I don't know a Quote of that, I will find it later with the power of google but I think Toatapio is right

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users