• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Let's Play: Raiders of the Lost Rock Begins

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,135 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 05:16 AM

BZPower staff members Takuma Nuva and Zatth are kicking off a new series on our YouTube channel. They dug up the old LEGO Rock Raiders game and are doing a series of Let's Play videos for it. If you don't know what that means - they play the videogame and then do a commentary over it. It's pretty hilarious, so you should check it out here or read on to watch on BZP. They're planning to release two new episodes a week, so make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel to catch them all!

View the full article

#2 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,149 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 07:24 AM

Already from the first episode I can tell this is going to be worth a watch. RR was great fun for me as a kid, but poking fun at its glaring flaws in hindsight is sooo worth it.

I would like to know, though: how on God's green earth did you get the game working on a modern computer please tell me.

Just saying, I'd love to play this game again myself somehow.

#3 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 942 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 08:27 AM

:o This is going to be awesome. I've gotta watch it. 

dug up the old LEGO Rock Raiders game
Hey, my copy of it is just sitting on my desk; no digging required.

It's kinda tricky to get it going well, but it can be done. Also, they might have just installed Windows 98 or something on an emulator or somesuch.

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

#4 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,037 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 08:35 AM

I've been looking forward to this.

gart3banner.jpg

#5 Offline Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,850 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 08:47 AM

Oh, LEGO Rock Raiders.... I never did beat that game.

I'll be sure to check these out, if only to see what those final levels look like.

kellssunset.jpg

BZPRPG Profiles                                                Era of Conflict Profiles                                    City of Legends Profiles

#6 Offline Snubby

Snubby
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Armored Protector

• 300 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 10:08 AM

Rock Raiders! I thought that game had been completely forgotten.

Wow...if was even before Bionicle's time.

#7 Offline Takuma Nuva

Takuma Nuva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants

• 1,087 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 11:22 AM

Already from the first episode I can tell this is going to be worth a watch. RR was great fun for me as a kid, but poking fun at its glaring flaws in hindsight is sooo worth it.

I would like to know, though: how on God's green earth did you get the game working on a modern computer please tell me.

Just saying, I'd love to play this game again myself somehow.

Can't say it was that difficult (unless I'm forgetting something because I installed it some time ago). The main thing I found it is you have to run it in compatibility mode for Windows 98 if you want the cutscenes to play. B-)

Takuma Nuva

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

he would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

#8 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,808 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 05 2014 - 12:52 AM

Ever since BZP got a Youtube channel, I've been wondering how long it would be until it would have a Lego video game Lets Play appear on it. :)

I enjoyed the first episode. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#9 Offline Sykreos the Challenger

Sykreos the Challenger
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 05 2014 - 01:29 AM

I found this interesting. I'm planning to watch more episodes, as I was pretty entertained by the jokes. However, I felt that they talked a bit more than they should have while at the main menu. Otherwise, it was a worthwhile watch. I'll be sticking around to see more from them!

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#10 Offline Takuma Nuva

Takuma Nuva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants

• 1,087 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 05 2014 - 02:47 AM

I found this interesting. I'm planning to watch more episodes, as I was pretty entertained by the jokes. However, I felt that they talked a bit more than they should have while at the main menu. Otherwise, it was a worthwhile watch. I'll be sticking around to see more from them!

Yeah, I completely agree. Shouldn't be a consistent problem though. There was just stuff I wanted to say for those unfamiliar with the game before things got underway.

Takuma Nuva

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

he would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

#11 Offline Sykreos the Challenger

Sykreos the Challenger
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 05 2014 - 10:16 AM

Yeah, I completely agree. Shouldn't be a consistent problem though. There was just stuff I wanted to say for those unfamiliar with the game before things got underway.

Takuma Nuva

Okay, I totally understand. :) I'll be looking forward to your next installment!

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users