10242 MINI Cooper Press Release

Wow, it's gorgeous. Would love it to join my VW Comby from a few years ago. Shame not in time for my birthday, but anyway.

Once again though my usual rant about US prices vs. Aus prices. Since it doesn't include shipping, there is no excuse.

signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

Wow, it's gorgeous. Would love it to join my VW Comby from a few years ago. Shame not in time for my birthday, but anyway.

Once again though my usual rant about US prices vs. Aus prices. Since it doesn't include shipping, there is no excuse.

signoff.png

Hm? Even sets that aren't going to be sold at retail have to be shipped to distribution facilities to await sale. Beyond that, there's a very good excuse—offering a "fairer" price (as opposed to one that's in line with the prices of other Lego sets in Australia) would consequently devalue the more expensive retail sets. Lego prices are not based solely on production and distribution costs, but on perception of value and on what individual markets can bear. In the case of Australia, the country has a higher average income than the U.S., and the cost of non-Lego goods is generally higher as well. So Lego adjusts the prices accordingly. It's unfortunate for people who live there, but that's basic economics for you.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

EDIT: Andrew beat me to everything I was going to say about global pricing discrepancies. Except, of course, that Denmark itself pays pretty exorbitant costs for LEGO compared to the United States, so it's not at all a matter of how much it costs to ship from the place of production.

Anyway, this set is gorgeous! I love the refined shape, the little picnic, and all the interior and exterior details! The size of the steering wheel bothers me though.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Hm? Even sets that aren't going to be sold at retail have to be shipped to distribution facilities to await sale. Beyond that, there's a very good excuse—offering a "fairer" price (as opposed to one that's in line with the prices of other Lego sets in Australia) would consequently devalue the more expensive retail sets. Lego prices are not based solely on production and distribution costs, but on perception of value and on what individual markets can bear. In the case of Australia, the country has a higher average income than the U.S., and the cost of non-Lego goods is generally higher as well. So Lego adjusts the prices accordingly. It's unfortunate for people who live there, but that's basic economics for you.

Yeah, figured it had something to do with this (forgot the term for this, used to know). Checks out with inflation figures. Ah well.

signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk