~Bionicle~: the Legend Continues ...

~BIONICLE~ The Legend Continues ...

Hello people! Here's a topic where I will continue the Bionicle Story. I will write, but I would love to see people contribute anyhow, with MOCs, shorts, character descriptions, concept art, and anything you could think of! I'll do my best to discuss and integrate anything you guys post! Anyway, this is the first part. There's more description of what's happened until now than anything else, but trust me, it will NOT stay that way. I have quite an interesting idea for the murderer (that is Velika as you all know*, but that's not the idea).

*Some of the story may refer to things Greg Farshtey has posted on these forums as Erebus. You can check out some of the Q and A's he's done.

Freefall (forget the rubbish name I'm thinking of something ...)

Brutaka stared out a window of the strange of the Great Being's Temple at the vast expanse of Spherus Magna. It wasn't a real window. From what he saw when he'd ventured out, there were no windows. What he was seeing was a screen showing what some camera on the exterior was. Him, Axonn, Helryx, Tuyet, Miserix, Artakha, Vezon, and Great Being himself had watched the whole spectacle of Mata Nui confronting Makuta, both in the forms of robots, one of which contained the universe that he and the others had known. The next thing they knew, they were on a fully reformed Spherus Magna. Then for some reason the Great Being had decided to lock down the entire building, leaving them trapped. Another thing that had changed was that Brutaka had regained his usual form, losing his mutation from the Pit, and that from the Pool of Makuta, including the conscience that had posessed him. Another issue was that neither Artakha nor Miserix could teleport them all away, due to some kind of block. The Great Being himself hadn't been seen whatsoever hiding in the darkness of his chamber, that was naturally protected by some force field, and judging from the gibberish he spoke, and how he spoke it, he was more insane than Vezon himself, who was sulking in some corner for being locked out of the Great Beings chamber and locked in the Temple itself. His Olmak that had fused itself to the back of his head like the Ignika, wasn't working either. They were all well and truly trapped. None of the people trapped seemed happy about the high tech luxury of their prison, most of them disliked each other. Brutaka was nearly convinced they could use Lewa who'd disappeared out of the temple to look around before the lockdown. He might have been able to break the tension. Suddenly Axonn got up and picked up his axe. He wasn't happy.

“I've had enough of this! Waiting, staring out of the fake window! We have to do something!”

“We were … And we'd tried virtually everything before realizing that this place is invincible! It's hopeless!” Snapped Tuyet, getting up angrily.

“Nobody asked you your opinion traitor.” Said Helryx trying to contain her obvious craving to crush the rogue Toa.

“Oh come on! Are you seriously still steaming mad about that incident thousands of years ago? Seeing some of the things you've done-”

Tuyet was cut short as Helryx pinned her to the wall with her shield.

“I'd suggest you shut your mouth Tuyet unless you want me to do it for you!”

Tuyet was about to strike back, only to be stopped by the mighty Makuta Miserix, violently pushing the two Toa apart.

“Enough! It's bad enough without the two of you killing each other!”

“We have no space for traitors! When we get out of here we'll be walking into a new world!” Yelled Toa Helryx.

Artakha himself stood and telekenically pushed all three apart.

“Exactly! So all of you sit down and stop fighting! Start clean. Now I suggest that either we continue to sit in this unbearable silence, a building storm in between Helryx and Tuyet, and probably soon all of us, or we actually try and find a way out of here using our heads, not our weapons!”

Nobody spoke. Then the ground started shaking.

Chiara and Zaria crouched behind a thick bush. They were being hunted by apparent Bota Magna Vorox. Some kind of revenge for the Glatorians hunting Bara Magna Vorox. The only difference between the two was that these had advanced technology and could speak, and their leader had cancelled out the Toas' elemental powers. As a result, Chiara Toa of Lighning, and Zaria Toa of Iron, were weaponless and powerless. A Vorox scrambled up a tree and looked around. They clearly knew that they were close, but hadn't found them yet. That's why Zaria was quietly leading Chiara through the bushes, back the way they'd came, trying to confuse the Vorox farther more.

“This had better work … Our lives kind of depend on it.” Whispered Chiara angrily.

“Unless you had a better idea, then I'd shut your mouth! The Vorox have acute hearing and I don't feel like dying because of you cinically biccering!” Whispered Zaria.

Chiara shot a small bolt of lightning that struck Zaria and made him jolt. He was about to get back at her when he realized something.

“Chiara did you see that?”

“What I zapped you, and you actually seem happy about it. Want me to do it again?”

“No! Our elemental powers work! Kabrua's staff only works at close proximity. How far have we gone from the Vorox?”
“I don't know … Twenty mio away?”

“That's not even that far. If we can get in the closest distance possible for our elemental powers to work, then we can blast him!”

“Ha. You nearly make it sound easy.”

Orde struck the intruder with a mental blast. The creature in front seemed to take minimal damage and threw a sword at the Toa. Orde dodged just in time as the blade went soaring past his head and impaled itself in the tree behind him. Then Gelu leaped at it from behind. It spread it's wings in a struggled to get him off as Orde ran at him face on and kicked him down. The thing simply rolled backwards and kicked both of them off, flying up into a tree and creating a force field around itself as Orde And Gelu got up, dazed. The creature didn't move, and stayed up in the trees, not showing any signs of attacking or dissipating it's force field.

“That's a Kanohi Hau … Mask Of Shielding.” Pointed out Orde.

“What the heck is it?” Asked Gelu stepping back and looking around for a potential weapon in case.

“I am Gaardus. Not an it.” The creature replied. “Why did you attack?”

“We didn't attack, you did. You appeared right in front of us.”
“I didn't attack. I just appeared.”

“No … I suppose you didn't. Still isn't that kind of menacing when a ten foot creature appears in front of her.”

Gaardus was silent, and didn't move. Nor did a confused Gelu and Orde. The creature had simply appeared in front of them, coming out of nowhere. After a long while it talked again.

“I had come to hunt. Do you want to help?”

Two Toa teams walked slowly away from what used to be a huge fortress. Jaller stumbled along confused, helped along by Pouks. His mind was in shambles after being somehow psychologically manipulated into following the Golden Being. The Toa Hagah had succeded in saving him, and the rest of the Toa Mahri. That was the first shock. The second was caused by the fact they were on some Spherus Magna and the whole of the universe they knew was in ruin in some giant robot. It was hard to take in. Suddenly Jaller tripped and fell to his knees.

“Sorry …” Said Pouks helping him to his feet again.

“I'm alright … thanks …” He replied.

He looked back at the ruin of the Golden Being's Fortress. Some parts were simply faded, or so undense that they'd shattered, others had been cleanly cut by some sort of dematerialisation field. Anyway, the damage had been done, and Anonna, the very creature that had inflicted it, had been sent to another world. Yet the Golden Being still stood fixing areas of the fortress with his mind, using the dreams of the Skakdi themselves, who some of were running around looking panicked more than anything else.

“Hard to take in isn't it?” Said Hahli next to him.

“Yeah … I wonder what the Golden Skinned Being will actually do after he rebuilds his fortress. I mean, what is his purpose? If he was created by Teridax, then for what? Enslaving all the Toa?”
“Well he's not doing that anymore. I guess we'll have to wait and see …”

The two toa stopped with the rest to see the temporel settlement for the toa and the Agori. The Mata Nui Robot lay quite far away, some of it in an ocean. It was so immensely big that the Toa couldn't see the head, or the feet.

“Wow. That is big …” Commented Kongu.

“The settlement looks rather … basic. And … well not very advanced.” Said Hahli.

“You haven't been gone for centuries, you know? This is where most of the Matoran and the Agori live in … well lets say they don't always get on so well. For the moment at least …” Explained Iruini.

“There are some small villages that are being built, and we are searching for a good location for a city, but nothing is fixed right now. Nearly half the Agori and Matoran live in camps!” Said Gaaki.

Matoro is dead. (Lol)

No, no, no, and no. This imaginary stuff belongs in the Library. The Storyline and Theories section is for canonical (i.e. actually happned in the Bionicle world) stuff.

Oh yeah and Greg isn't Erebus; Erebus did contact Greg, and Greg communicated to BZP through Erebus, but they are not the same person.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 2

As Skellie said, this definitely belongs in the Library, not S&T. However, you have some interesting ideas. The Yesterday Questers meeting up with Gaardus is a clever twist that makes total sense, though I'm not sure exactly where it would lead.

One quibble: your format for dialogue is off.

“I am Gaardus. Not an it.” The creature replied. “Why did you attack?”

However, the proper punctuation is more along these lines:

"I am Gaardus. Not an it," the creature replied. "Why did you attack?"

The comma and decapitalized letter are bolded for emphasis. You see, Gaardus' dialogue and the phrase "the creature replied" are all one sentence, hence the changes. ;)

Anyway, instead of whining that this should have been in the Library, I'm gonna contact a mod and direct it over there.

• Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Hm, well normally I would just move a topic that doesn't belong here, but I'm not sure if this is meant to be an epic or a short story. How about this -- for now I will close this topic and PM you to figure out what to do next. It sounds like it's supposed to be an epic, which means the replies should go in a second topic (called a review topic). Which I can't make just by moving this one. (And if it's a short story you might want to start over without our "wrong forum" posts anyways.) I'll explain the details in the PM and link you to the relevant rules topics. :)

So... topic closed.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)