Ok, so there are a few adventure books between Voyage of Fear and Web of the Visorak that I never read, so if my questions get answered in those, that's why I don't know them.
1. How did the Toa Metru know about the Toa Mata? I should assume Whenua read stuff about them in the Archives, so that isn't really a hard question, but I might be wrong?
2. What made the the Turaga think tell legends of that toa team only? Yeah, Vakama told legends of Lhii, but that isn't the same as prophecies of heroic toa (whom the Turaga never met, mind you) falling from the heavens.
3. How did they know what the toa would look like before they came? Again, I should think it would be part of the Archive information, but how could remember the last detail of what they look like, seeing as how, they don't appear as what the Toa Metru imagined to be toa.
4. How influential were the Toa Mata in Metru Nui? No one ever mentions them or the prophecies that they will fall from the sky at all in the 2004 saga or anything I've read of the Toa-Dark Hunter War or Kanohi Dragon Attack. However, they were idolized in Mata Nui. What gives?
5. If the Toa Stones were made to create new toa:
a. How did they work in the beam from Kini Nui (the one that launched Takua in the air, giving him amnesia on Ta-Wahi beach) to reactivate the Toa Canisters?
b. How did the Turaga know that would summon the Toa?
c. Why didn't they do that about 1000 years before?
d. Why didn't the first one Takua find turn him into Takanuva?
6. Why the Toa Mata specifically? For all they know, a destined Matoran could stumble on a Toa Stone, become a Toa, and the Turaga would be like, "Oh. Well, you're not Tahu, Kapura, so this is a bit awkward. Want to go find some masks?" Which brings me to my next question.
7. If the search for the Kanohi was meant to be tests for the Toa, then the Turaga had to expect that a toa would rise from their own people. So why bother with all this emphasis on the Mata if they weren't even expecting the Mata? And if they were expecting the Mata, why hide the masks? It's paradoxical!
Ok, I think I'm done with my
list of demands questions for now.