The number of Toa Stones which any one Toa can create once they have fulfilled their destiny has always confused me, basically because:

A. In 2004, Lhikan used his Toa Power to create six Toa Stones.

B. In 2008 (I think), in the Kingdom alternate universe, alternate Takanuva also created six Toa Stones.

C. In 2005, the Toa Metru each created one Toa Stone.

Is this something to do with how much Toa Power a Toa has, or is it just a story error? Mainly because, if in the future of BIONICLE, the Nuva each sacrificed their Toa Power to create new Toa, essentially 30 new Toa would be added to the total number alive, if each Nuva can produce six Toa Stones. Am I the only one who thinks that this is weird?

VBWj75sh.png

If I remember correctly, Lhikan basically gave up almost ALL of his Toa Power to make six stones, the Toa Metru only gave up a small portion to make one each.

And the Toa Nuva are the most powerful Toa team out there(I believe), so who's to say they can't make 12 each before they turn into Turaga? Tahu, with all his powers now, could make several dozen, in theory.

Assuming there isn't some canon explanation for all this I haven't heard of. :P

• Upvote 1

WIP

And the Toa Nuva are the most powerful Toa team out there(I believe), so who's to say they can't make 12 each before they turn into Turaga? Tahu, with all his powers now, could make several dozen, in theory.

Or maybe the Nuva's Toa Stones could turn regular Matoran into other Toa Nuva, so Matoran/Toa/Turaga Nuva could be like "The Matoran Race 2.0". And also would the Nuva become regular Turaga or Turaga Nuva?

VBWj75sh.png

Or maybe the Nuva's Toa Stones could turn regular Matoran into other Toa Nuva, so Matoran/Toa/Turaga Nuva could be like "The Matoran Race 2.0". And also would the Nuva become regular Turaga or Turaga Nuva?

I don't think just because it came from a Toa Nuva, it would make the Matoran turn into a Toa Nuva. It's Toa Power, pure and simple. Toa Nuva just have a ton more of it.

The Toa Nuva, I believe, would become Turaga Nuva. Slightly more powerful than their Turaga counter-parts.

WIP

The Toa Nuva would become Turaga Nuva. I think that was confirmed in the OGD, but no time to check right now.

Also, I believe Toa Nuva don't have more Toa Power than normal Toa - just more powerful Elemental Powers. Toa Power and Elemental Power isn't the same thing.

• Upvote 1

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

The Toa Nuva would become Turaga Nuva. I think that was confirmed in the OGD, but no time to check right now.

Also, I believe Toa Nuva don't have more Toa Power than normal Toa - just more powerful Elemental Powers. Toa Power and Elemental Power isn't the same thing.

7)i saw this in a topic:If the toa nuva turned into turaga would they become 'turaga nuva'?
7) Yes
The other half I'm not sure of. I would think there would be, but so far my searches have not gotten me anywhere...
Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

Lhikan did not give up all his power to charge up the Toa Stones. He put a tiny fraction of his power into each one, and it was only later when they put the stones in the Suva that the rest of his energy was channeled through the Suva (its teleportation ability presumably) to turn him into a Turaga (while turning Vakama and company into Toa).

As for Altakanuva, I'm not sure. (Was it actually specified?)

With the Toa Metru, they also put tiny fractions of their power in, but before anybody tried to use the stones, they used up all the rest awakening the Matoran. They became Turaga at that point. And thus, when Takua much later found the stones and put them in a Suva, they were already Turaga so they had no more energy to be transferred in the same way Lhikan's was. So the stones didn't transform Takua (although it's been theorized that six stones together might have been enough, but it wasn't his time yet -- not sure if we know that, but regardless, we do know that what happened with Lhikan was impossible at that point).

And Lhikan made six stones, while Vakama (and so forth) made one stone each -- why would that be hard to understand? If I pour out an entire jug of milk into six large cups, does that imply I can't take another jug of milk and pour out only a little into just one cup? Surely not. :)

If you're asking (although you didn't seem to bring it up directly) how one Toa can make six Toa, it's been long theorized there's a multiplication power at work in the transformations; the protodermis could sense a transformation going on and convert other forms of energy into Toa Energy to add to the amount already being used.

To replies -- I suppose it's possible a Toa Nuva might make more Toa than six, but it would probably require that the EP that transformed them actually added to their Toa Energy. We don't know that it did. If not, then probably they could only make six each. They have increased abilities, but we don't know that that comes from having more TE. It could be a matter of their brains' programming to have more capacity to control more, or more capacity for storing elemental energy instead.

I agree that most likely a Toa Nuva's Toa Stone would just make a normal Toa. I wonder though if Greg was ever asked about this? It's the sort of thing people ask him often. :shrugs:

Yes, I too recall the Turaga Nuva thing being confirmed. Ninja'd by fishers lol

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I just checked in The Kingdom, and it's never explicitly stated that Alternate Takanuva made Toa stones, only that he gave up his Toa power to make new Toa. Interestingly, the way it's worded leaves the possibility that Takanuva created more Toa than just the ones named.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

No, "lifeforce" would presumably mean "life energy" which is a different thing from "Toa Energy." :) All Bionicle characters (at least in the MU, but the Aqua Magna squids absorbed it too, so apparently all at least partially organic life) have life energy, but only Toa, and to smaller degrees Turaga, and even tinier degrees destined Matoran have TE. And life energy when drained can be replenished by "eating", but Toa Energy cannot be recharged.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)