Hot Iron, Turaga Ferron

They

A long time ago in an RPG arc far away I drew Ferron, toa of iron. Now almost a year has past and Ferron's gone from toa to turaga in the BZPRPG. To commemorate Geardirector's fantastic job with this character I turned my artistic eye back on the forlorn forgemaster. As always, C&C is most certainly appreciated!

320px-Turaga_Ferron%2C_Kughii_2014.jpeg

(Click image for full resolution.)

I think this was the first time I really buckled down and tried to get the lighting just right. I may throw in the forge itself as a background in the future, but I wanted to catch the light coming off the piece of metal Ferron is hammering as it glanced across his carapace.

• Upvote 4

To see Ferron in what's basically the final stage of his life is really satisfying, actually. After all he's been through I just knew that the most appropriate thing I could do was let him have his last hurrah and give up his Toa Power, and now that I've finally made it this far... it's just really really satisfying, and the drawing doesn't hurt at all.

Ferron looks very much like an oldie in this picture, as he should. I like the face in particular, it sort of has an almost hollowed out, dragged kind of look that I think fits well with the kind of life Ferron has lead, along with the slight hunch.

And yes, he does still look pretty muscular, too, which also fits well into my mental image of him, given that he was such a big and tough Toa, it only makes sense that his Turaga form would reflect that in some way.

On the whole it's a really good job, and I'm glad to adopt this as his canon appearance in the RPG.

Thanks, Kughii.

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

• 2 weeks later...

The light and shadows in this are spectacular. The angle and placememt of the light source are convincing, the shading is fantastic and the colours of the character are absolurely fitting for a forge leader.

(also, amazing anatomy and proportions and stuff.)

The only thing that looks slightly odd is the face, some of the features seem a bit off-center. This is just some minor nit-picking, though.

Really, this is an awesome drawing. :)

E: fixed a typo

Edited by Fairy Knight
  • Upvote 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Compared to the wizened, shriveled little Turaga we've seen, this chap looks way too beefy.

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 2 weeks later...

Very well drawn. Even for an old guy a Turaga, he still looks pretty fit and muscular, as if he's a small Toa.

This.

I think this look works really well. It's an interesting take on the Toa-to-Turaga evolution, suggesting that it doesn't necessarily mean one becomes crooked and senile upon the transformation.

The lighting is also brilliant.

• Upvote 1

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg