LEGO Cosmos T-shirt

Allen over at The Brick Fan lets us know about a new t-shirt coming to Tee Fury tomorrow. Entitled 'We Are Star Stuff,' it features minifigure representations of Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson from Cosmos: A Personal Voyage and Cosmos: a Spacetime Odyssey, respectively. The LEGO Classic Space logo even sneaks its way into the background. It's a great design and one I hope to pick up - if it's your kind of thing, don't miss it!

View the full article

Is this an official Lego shirt, or just fan stuff? Looks cool either way.

It's an unofficial T-shirt marketed at fans, like most of what TeeFury does. Unfortunately, Lego themselves rarely put out adult-sized clothing, and when they do it's never this creative (usually featuring plain logos or stock art).

I emailed Kevin Hinkle earlier this year suggesting that Lego should look into partnering with WeLoveFine, a clothing brand that partners with well-known brands and their fans to sell fan-designed, officially licensed merch. I was first exposed to the site through the My Little Pony fandom, since they're the main source for adult- or men's-sized clothing based on the TV show. I had hoped that Lego could form a similar partnership so as to better provide for the AFOL market (and get a cut of the profit from these sorts of shirt designs, to boot), but so far no such luck.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother