Reznas' Comics

Reznas

Woah. First comic and I basically think you need to rename it to TNT's comics, because that's the story of my life! Anyway, excellent job! I especially liked how you made it drop off, too.

Haha. :P Thanks! I tried to make the final panel as "hooking" as possible, for added suspense.

-Rez

• Upvote 2

SUSPENSE. :P

Also philosophical. Philosophical suspense? :shrugs: That's a new one. At least it isn't trying to be funny in a way I don't get, so yeah. :)

I've kind of moved away from comedy. Decided I'd make a drama. :P A philosophical drama.

-Rez

Very thought-provoking. It's a bit nostalgic to see someone still using Chimoru Six-Shade. The fact that this comic is a drama is intriguing considering the state of comedy the comics forum has been in.

I've never read your works before. I already like them; no doubt. Consider me a follower of this topic.

• Upvote 2

Very thought-provoking. It's a bit nostalgic to see someone still using Chimoru Six-Shade. The fact that this comic is a drama is intriguing considering the state of comedy the comics forum has been in.

I've never read your works before. I already like them; no doubt. Consider me a follower of this topic.

Six-Shade always was my favorite. :) Glad to have you on board. Thanks for the encouragement!

-Rez

Six-Shade always was my favorite.

It definitely makes the comic series seems unique since most people have hopped on the "Chimoru R Train(?)" as of lately.

• Upvote 1

It definitely makes the comic series seems unique since most people have hopped on the "Chimoru R Train(?)" as of lately.

Chimoru R is a good sprite kit, but I've always preferred plain ole' Six-Shade. There's a bit of nostalgia in it for me, too.

-Rez

By far the most feelings I've read in a comic on BZPower. Very uh...without copying what everyone else...philosophical.

I like how it's easy to read. And I also enjoyed while I read it, I briefly got caught up in placing in my own judgement of the "philosopher's conundrum" and then boom you drop the girl bomb.

Nicely done.

Edited by Calvirick
  • Upvote 1

By far the most feelings I've read in a comic on BZPower. Very uh...without copying what everyone else...philosophical.

I like how it's easy to read. And I also enjoyed while I read it, I briefly got caught up in placing in my own judgement of the "philosopher's conundrum" and then boom you drop the girl bomb.

Nicely done.

That's the vibe I wanted to get. :) Definitely don't see a lot of this genre on BZP, so I thought I'd do it myself.

Glad it's easy to read. I always try to make reading as easy as possible. :happy: Happy to hear you enjoyed it!

-Rez

• Upvote 1

Intriguing. Maybe the comics topic won't die just yet. Despite my inclinations towards comedy over drama, I'll stay vigilante of your further efforts in this endeavor.

Glad to have you on board! Thanks for the feedback. :)

-Rez

Intriguing. Maybe the comics topic won't die just yet. Despite my inclinations towards comedy over drama, I'll stay vigilante of your further efforts in this endeavor.

Glad to have you on board! Thanks for the feedback. :)

-Rez

Hop aboard the Reznas Train. :P

• Upvote 2

Get ready for the ride of your life, cuz' this train is out of this world.

-Rez

EDIT: In other news, hopefully I can get another comic up soon. I've got a bunch of driver's ed to do, so I can work on some more comics while I go through it.

Edited by Reznas

You could write a comic about taking Drivers Ed. And make fun of those people that never use their blinker.

I'd say that's hash-tag brilliant! Okay maybe not. :ahhh:

Haha. :lol: Maybe I could. It would have to be in another saga or something. Because it would offset the balance of seriousness in my current series, and that would be apocalyptic. :o

-Rez

You could write a comic about taking Drivers Ed. And make fun of those people that never use their blinker.

I just went through Driver's Ed. Please don't remind me of the horrible memories. :P

• Upvote 2

I just went through Driver's Ed. Please don't remind me of the horrible memories. :P

Pretty bad, eh? 30 hours of pure agony. :P But we better get back on topic.

-Rez

• Upvote 1

Haha. :lol: Maybe I could. It would have to be in another saga or something. Because it would offset the balance of seriousness in my current series, and that would be apocalyptic. :o

-Rez

What you could do is base Rezna's bad memories of this girl stuff and some how associate it with Driver's Ed.

Some how in my mind that would turn into something more tragic than Will Smith's "7 Pounds".

...actually don't write that comic... :drool:

• Upvote 2

@Calvirick_1: :P

@Damaracx_1: Another :P

@Calvirick_2: I don't know about the next Dark709...but I hope to make some kind of impression on the forums. :)

@Damaracx_2: Haha. :lol:

-Rez

Edited by Reznas
  • Upvote 1

I know we really need to get off the subject of drivers ed, but I dozed off in that class....while being the driver. No one even noticed, which is the worrisome part.

ANYWAY. Back to the comic at hand. You could try to add some humor to it, just do it subtly. Maybe pull something like Shakespeare would I guess, hidden amongst the seriousness or the tragedy or what have you there could be tiny pockets of comedy.

Or something, I don't know, I just work here.

• Upvote 3

I know we really need to get off the subject of drivers ed, but I dozed off in that class....while being the driver. No one even noticed, which is the worrisome part.

ANYWAY. Back to the comic at hand. You could try to add some humor to it, just do it subtly. Maybe pull something like Shakespeare would I guess, hidden amongst the seriousness or the tragedy or what have you there could be tiny pockets of comedy.

Let's try not to make it a Clannad though. :P

• Upvote 1

:P Definitely worrisome.

I certainly could. I guess we'll just have to see about comedy in the future.

@Damaracx: :P

-Rez

Or then comes the part where you seat yourself in front of the computer to actually produce the comic. Now THERE's some drama right there.

So many tears will be shed on that keyboard... :wired:

I will genuinely cry at one point in this saga. No joke. :P I'll end up electrocuting myself when all my tears get my keyboard wet.

-Rez

If this could be considered by higher authority as constructive criticism:

Pretend you're a professional comic strip artist, if you can think and plan ahead on paper or in a Microsoft document, you will be able to plan when to produce comics for effectively. I mean if you're serious about it of course.

That's something I wish I had done to my previous comics, because I was definitely serious about it.

• Upvote 1

If this could be considered by higher authority as constructive criticism:

Pretend you're a professional comic strip artist, if you can think and plan ahead on paper or in a Microsoft document, you will be able to plan when to produce comics for effectively. I mean if you're serious about it of course.

That's something I wish I had done to my previous comics, because I was definitely serious about it.

I think I might consider doing this. I keep telling myself to, but sometimes I'm too lazy. xD It would be really helpful though. At the least, I should have an outline.

-Rez

Build an outline, and write like 5 comics maybe in a span of two days. Then once a week, make another one, whilst also producing (in GIMP/Photoshop) the first comic you made. That way, you're producing one comic, while at the same time making the next week's script.

It still takes work, but it frees up your schedule a little bit, and makes it easier for you to add and cut from the original script while actually producing the comic.

And if you improve, you could try making two comics two days per week and then make that number higher till you're making daily strips.

But that's if you choose to do it, and if you figure out making comics while having a life at the same time. :o