Reznas' Comics

Reznas

Build an outline, and write like 5 comics maybe in a span of two days. Then once a week, make another one, whilst also producing (in GIMP/Photoshop) the first comic you made. That way, you're producing one comic, while at the same time making the next week's script.

It still takes work, but it frees up your schedule a little bit, and makes it easier for you to add and cut from the original script while actually producing the comic.

And if you improve, you could try making two comics two days per week and then make that number higher till you're making daily strips.

But that's if you choose to do it, and if you figure out making comics while having a life at the same time. :o

Thanks for the advice! That actually sheds a lot of light. I'll try to figure out a schedule. I doubt it will be finite, because I'm pretty busy right now, but I can at least try to get one or two comics out a week, whilst planning for the next couple of comics.

-Rez

EDIT: Page two on the third day after posting? I'm impressed and honoured to have your support! Much obliged. :)

Edited by Reznas
  • Upvote 2

Build an outline, and write like 5 comics maybe in a span of two days. Then once a week, make another one, whilst also producing (in GIMP/Photoshop) the first comic you made. That way, you're producing one comic, while at the same time making the next week's script.

It still takes work, but it frees up your schedule a little bit, and makes it easier for you to add and cut from the original script while actually producing the comic.

And if you improve, you could try making two comics two days per week and then make that number higher till you're making daily strips.

But that's if you choose to do it, and if you figure out making comics while having a life at the same time. :o

Thanks for the advice! That actually sheds a lot of light. I'll try to figure out a schedule. I doubt it will be finite, because I'm pretty busy right now, but I can at least try to get one or two comics out a week, whilst planning for the next couple of comics.

-Rez

EDIT: Page two on the third day after posting? I'm impressed and honoured to have your support! Much obliged. :)

That and this became a temporary Drivers Ed topic :biggrin:. Maybe I should post that COT...

• Upvote 2

Yes! First to comment!

@Comic 2: I've no problems with the lead in idea or the comic at all, however if you forced me to nitpick I would say the sprite positioning is off. For example: in panel 3 it looks like the picture is behind his hands and head and in panel 2 it seems as if the head sprite is in the back of the neck rather then the front, but that's just me nitpicking. :P (I'm not mocking you. I simply lighting the mood of this post :P.)

Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1

Nice background. Wonder who inspired it. :sly:

And thus the plot thickens.

Hah, do you make this comic late at night?

:P Maybe...

The plot is super thin compared to what will happen next. ;)

I finished it at 10 pm, I think. :shrugs:

Yes! First to comment!

@Comic 2: I've no problems with the lead in idea or the comic at all, however if you forced me to nitpick I would say the sprite positioning is off. For example: in panel 3 it looks like the picture is behind his hands and head and in panel 2 it seems as if the head sprite is in the back of the neck rather then the front, but that's just me nitpicking. :P (I'm not mocking you. I simply lighting the mood of this post :P.)

Keep up the good work!

Yet sadly second. :P Close though.

Panel three was messed up, yeah. I just fixed it, though, so it should be edited now. :) As for panel two, meh, I see what you mean. I guess it's just a habit. Lots of people used to do the same thing. :P

Thanks! I sure hope I will!

The edited comic.

-Rez

Nice background. Wonder who inspired it. :sly:

And thus the plot thickens.

Hah, do you make this comic late at night?

:P Maybe...

The plot is super thin compared to what will happen next. ;)

I finished it at 10 pm, I think. :shrugs:

Yes! First to comment!

Keep up the good work!

Yet sadly second. :P Close though.

Panel three was messed up, yeah. I just fixed it, though, so it should be edited now. :) As for panel two, meh, I see what you mean. I guess it's just a habit. Lots of people used to do the same thing. :P

Thanks! I sure hope I will!

The edited comic.

-Rez

Cavirick ninja'd me. XD

Remember I was just nitpicking. Almost anything can be nitpicked.

• Upvote 1

I snuck into your house and stole your reply.

Actually I have clue what you guys are talking about.

Also Fun fact: that I actually like your background wall and floor a lot more than what I made back at my comics.

*sparkles of inspiration flutter everywhere*

• Upvote 2

Also Fun fact: that I actually like your background wall and floor a lot more than what I made back at my comics.

o.O *Slowly backs out of room*

We're talking about an error in my second comic. I fixed it though.

I don't know. Our comics are in two different styles. I like yours, too. :)

-Rez

When that painting lands, make sure it crumbles and catches fire.

Cause that's awesome.

That's actually the idea I had...but I decided to leave it to the viewer to choose what happened to the picture. :P

When that painting lands, make sure it crumbles and catches fire.

Cause that's awesome.

Spontaneous combustion is always good.

Gotta love spontaneous combustion. :)

-Rez

Houston, we have a Calvirick. :P
  • Upvote 1

Am I some kind of rocket ship of motivation or something?

I'll need more fuel by the beginning of the next semester, just fyi.

A rocket of inspiration. ;)

Hmm, that might be a problem. You know, with gas prices in all.

-Rez

• 2 weeks later...

So I just saw the second comic. My Mata Nui, it is brilliant. So did you throw the picture obsession the ground? Or is that symbolic effect?

Thanks! :)

You'll see later on that is is both literal and symbolic.

-Rez

EDIT: By the way, everyone, sorry I haven't put out a comic for a while! I've been busy lately. But worry not. I've started the next one. :happydance:

Edited by Reznas

So I just saw the second comic. My Mata Nui, it is brilliant. So did you throw the picture obsession the ground? Or is that symbolic effect?

Thanks! :)

You'll see later on that is is both literal and symbolic.

-Rez

EDIT: By the way, everyone, sorry I haven't put out a comic for a while! I've been busy lately. But worry not. I've started the next one. :happydance:

It's okay, we're in the same boat today. But thank the heavens it's the weekend. 

• Upvote 1

I'm usually too busy doing life stuff. 

I don't wanna figure it all out when I'm 30. Nope.

Luckily, I'm out of the Late Boat so, whoo hoo!

I know the feeling, yet at the same time, I'm often super lazy and procrastinate about life stuff. Ya' know, stuff that determines my future career and stuff. No biggie. :P

Hey, they're both le-matoran. Is this going to be a shounen-ai?

Nope. Reznas is male, whereas the other is female (more will be revealed about her later). I don't really follow Bionicle canon much in that sense.

-Rez

Hey, guess what? I made a comic! :D

#3 Ginny...

-Rez

I'VE WAITED TOO LONG FOR THAT ONE!! 

May all your skyrims never work! > :(

Okay, all that aside, wonder who's the creepy looking priest...

Oops, I thought I had replied to this. Yeah, sorry for the long wait on that one, and the long wait on this one. :P

:lol: 

Just a priest I guess. He's not important really.

-Rez

• 1 month later...

Only you can you stop me from questioning what the heck I just read.

Now that's some toasty fire you got there. MMMMMMmmmm.....

I hope you like bio mechanical parts on your toast, and wood, and concrete, and whatever else is in that house. :)

-Rez