• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Explain Bionicle in one sentence

story

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 Offline doodleloot

doodleloot
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 30-April 14
  • 347 posts

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 07:30 AM

Title pretty much says it all. If you had to explain the Bionicle storyline to someone who isn't familiar with it in one sentence, what would you say?

bzp_banner_small.png

Mata Nui Online Game III: Destinies

#2 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 22-August 12
  • 714 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 07:35 AM

BIONICLE is an epic story of heroes sacrificing everything they know to protect the innocents with everything they have.

(insert details about Toa, Makuta, Matoran, GSR, and all that nerdy stuff)

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#3 Offline NickonAquaMagna

NickonAquaMagna
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 09-December 13
  • 500 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 07:35 AM

POPULAR

Little dudes in a big dude.

nova_orbis_sig_2_by_nickinamerica-d7m226

#4 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 22-October 11
  • 1,164 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 08:01 AM

An epic and nostalgic storyline, created around biomechanical beings who fight against destruction incarnate.

lol

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

May both Mata Nui and Ekimu be with you, traveler, and let not Makuta shed shadow on your way.

#5 Online Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,115 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 08:07 AM

How many semicolons and sets of parentheses can I use?

"I guess you can't kill what's already dead."

#6 Offline doodleloot

doodleloot
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 30-April 14
  • 347 posts

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 08:27 AM

How many semicolons and sets of parentheses can I use?

As many as you need!

bzp_banner_small.png

Mata Nui Online Game III: Destinies

#7 Online Arc

Arc
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 29-August 09
  • 2,012 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 09:20 AM

greg why

b2284d5563.png

#8 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,801 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 10:21 AM

BIONICLE is an epic story of heroes sacrificing everything they know to protect the innocents with everything they have.

Take out the word BIONICLE and that could describe over a thousand different stories. It's reasonably accurate, but it doesn't exactly capture any of what makes BIONICLE unique or special.

My sentence would be:

Biomechanical denizens of a giant, sapient robot fight to save their world from an evil virus that wants to control it.

Or perhaps, if you wanted to go with a less spoilery explanation:

Elemental biomechanical heroes fight to restore their Great Spirit to power after an evil spirit casts him into a coma.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Online Pohatu: Master of Stone

Pohatu: Master of Stone
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 15-December 13
  • 1,604 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 11:08 AM

Biomechanical beings called Matoran that can become an elemental warrior called a Toa if it is their destiny and the story is about these Matoran living and working inside of a giant robot that is also home to the power-hungry Makuta, one of whom eventually sends the giant robot into a coma in hopes of becoming the supreme ruler, which causes a Toa team called the Toa Nuva to be launched out of the robot and eventually float to the island of Mata Nui, which is named after the robot, where they fight animals controlled by Makuta, mechanical bug-like robots with an ejectable brain that can mind control you if it lands on your face and the Rahkshi, the latter of whom are called the sons of Makuta, and when the Toa Nuva beat all of them they return to the "brain" of the giant robot, which was where the majority of the Matoran lived before the robot went into a coma, and then the leaders of the Matoran, called the Turaga, realize that the robot isn't just asleep- it's dying, so they send the Toa Nuva to an island called Voya Nui to find the Mask of Life to save the Mata Nui robot but the Toa Nuva get defeated so six Matoran go to Voya Nui and get turned into Toa and they find the Mask of Life but it flies underwater and the Toa have to find the Mask, but one Toa sacrifices himself to use the Mask of Life and revive Mata Nui from death; and then the Mask of Life falls into the universe core, a place called Karda Nui, and the Toa Nuva get new armor and have to fight many Makuta so they can put the Mask of Life into the Codrex, which is a giant metal ball that is the "pump" of Karda Nui, which is the robot's heart, and the Mask of Life revives Mata Nui but then the Makuta who put him in a coma takes over the robot and puts the robot's A.I. into the Mask of Life and shoots it off to another planet, but Mata Nui gets a new body the size of a Toa and he has to build and power up the prototype robot on this planet, which is where the Mata Nui robot was made, so he can fight the evil Makuta and bring peace to the world- which he does and then the Matoran and Toa come out of the broken Mata Nui robot that was controlled by Makuta and begin new lives on the planet called Spherus Magna.

Please correct any grammar errors you find.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!

rahkshitoa.pngCredit to Voxumo for the sprite of my self-moc!

Steal the Mask 3: You know you want the Mask of Life, too!

#10 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 22-August 12
  • 714 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 11:10 AM

Biomechanical beings called Matoran that can become an elemental warrior called a Toa if it is their destiny and the story is about these Matoran living and working inside of a giant robot that is also home to the power-hungry Makuta, one of whom eventually sends the giant robot into a coma in hopes of becoming the supreme ruler, which causes a Toa team called the Toa Nuva to be launched out of the robot and eventually float to the island of Mata Nui, which is named after the robot, where they fight animals controlled by Makuta, mechanical bug-like robots with an ejectable brain that can mind control you if it lands on your face and the Rahkshi, the latter of whom are called the sons of Makuta, and when the Toa Nuva beat all of them they return to the "brain" of the giant robot, which was where the majority of the Matoran lived before the robot went into a coma, and then the leaders of the Matoran, called the Turaga, realize that the robot isn't just asleep- it's dying, so they send the Toa Nuva to an island called Voya Nui to find the Mask of Life to save the Mata Nui robot but the Toa Nuva get defeated so six Matoran go to Voya Nui and get turned into Toa and they find the Mask of Life but it flies underwater and the Toa have to find the Mask, but one Toa sacrifices himself to use the Mask of Life and revive Mata Nui from death; and then the Mask of Life falls into the universe core, a place called Karda Nui, and the Toa Nuva get new armor and have to fight many Makuta so they can put the Mask of Life into the Codrex, which is a giant metal ball that is the "pump" of Karda Nui, which is the robot's heart, and the Mask of Life revives Mata Nui but then the Makuta who put him in a coma takes over the robot and puts the robot's A.I. into the Mask of Life and shoots it off to another planet, but Mata Nui gets a new body the size of a Toa and he has to build and power up the prototype robot on this planet, which is where the Mata Nui robot was made, so he can fight the evil Makuta and bring peace to the world- which he does and then the Matoran and Toa come out of the broken Mata Nui robot that was controlled by Makuta and begin new lives on the planet called Spherus Magna.

Please correct any grammar errors you find.

It's a run-on sentence. :)

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#11 Offline Athmos

Athmos
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 11-April 12
  • 2,804 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 11:14 AM

Sorta-kinda-but-not-really-robots with the power to water-, air-, fire-, earth-, and a few more -bend to combat this really evil guy that thinks that dictatorships are actually a really great idea but turn out to be a bad idea and so it causes a lot of death and war and I really reccomend skipping the ending and making your own if you want a good one.

WIP

#12 Online Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,367 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 11:40 AM

Robots re-enact Avatar: The Last Airbender inside a much larger robot.

tumblr_ngen45A4Ri1tryxewo3_1280.png

#13 Online xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 17-January 03
  • 6,540 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 12:06 PM

Serious:

Colorful LEGO buildable figures with joints who represent elemental heros and protect their villagers from shadowy villains.

Whatever:

Reds are always the leaders and also Fire-spitters who lava surf, green wind-riders who never turn left, all the good blue characters are female, snow characters are anti-social, rock and earth are different elements say wha, had collectible masks and face huggers and slug and discs and squids and spheres, sets gave up arm-swinging action features for knees and elbows and zamor launchers, they live on a tropical island paradise but used to live in a big technical city but then travel to a barren island then underwater then a swamp in a cavern that's the heart to the whole universe which is actually a robot, then to a desert planet that they hit with two other planets and make a full paradise planet, also Makuta's the main bad guy but also a species but still the main guy who controls everything at all times... hey, just go play the MNOLG and go on from there.

:music:

Edited by xccj, Jun 09 2014 - 12:07 PM.

b-bolin-03.jpg

#14 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 06-April 10
  • 1,713 posts

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 02:00 PM

Good robots who fight bad robots inside a giant robot who is good but turns evil. Man, that made it sound really stupid.

But this one is my favorite.

greg why

soundtracks.jpg

#15 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 05-July 10
  • 5,945 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 02:14 PM

Elementally powered robots fight a force of darkness called Makuta to save the life of and then reawaken their Great Spirit. 

OR

Spoiler

OR

(The voice over = one sentence. I like his dramatics.)

Edited by fishers64, Jun 09 2014 - 02:14 PM.

16028406952_a8c31f0bfe.jpg15838451978_fa70afcd66_m.jpg

#16 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 10-December 04
  • 6,056 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 02:38 PM

The story of a hero named Podu who saves the universe by healing the messiah.

Or:

The story of biomechanical beings in a vast fantasy world fighting to awake their great spirit who has been cast into slumber by his evil brother.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva, Jun 09 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#17 Offline Azani

Azani
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 16-November 13
  • 363 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 03:42 PM

An epic tale of jealous, power-hungry mad scientists who enjoy darkness in their attempt to overthrow the rule of a large yet very easy to fool robot, while multi-colored knights with elemental powers, often in groups of six, fight valiantly to thwart them.

When you put it that way, it almost sounds as though the Makuta are the protagonists.

I'm going to be busy with family matters for a while. Please be patient with responses to PMs, posts, etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can also be found under the username Azani on SolisMagna.com and the BioMediaProject forums. Check out SolisMagna.com, as it is exactly what we need to maintain interest in Bionicle. Also, I highly recommend Check out the script for Mysterious Island, an adaption/reboot of the 2001 Bionicle story which I am writing. It's also a musical.

Bionicle is returning in 2015!

#18 Offline MelodySong

MelodySong
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 08-June 14
  • 3 posts

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 05:37 PM

Many generations of elemental cyborg heroes fighting evil and restoring good by searching for a hero or a mask.
Many generations of elemental cyborg heroes fighting evil and restoring good by searching for a hero or a mask.

#19 Offline Pranciblad

Pranciblad
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 29-December 13
  • 46 posts

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 08:14 PM

Never before did I think that something that turned out so awesome could still have so much wasted potential.

This space for rent...
Ok just kidding.

#20 Offline Oroki

Oroki
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 29-May 14
  • 211 posts

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 08:33 PM

Makuta dies.

Make that "Matoro dies." :(

banner1.png

#21 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,327 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 09 2014 - 09:22 PM

Also works for "Explain Osmosis Jones in One Sentence". :P

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#22 Online Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,606 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 10 2014 - 04:40 AM

A LEGO toyline featuring teams of robotic or semi-robotic heroes fighting evil with a really complicated plot.

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#23 Offline tahu3.0

tahu3.0
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 18-April 14
  • 221 posts

Posted Jun 10 2014 - 08:59 AM

The sets that saved Lego and made a new generation of building.

Wanna see a comic go to see The New Legend Of Bionicle

#24 Offline Makuta Miras

Makuta Miras
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 25-April 14
  • 628 posts

Posted Jun 10 2014 - 02:40 PM

Joke:     Better than Hero Factory.

Real:     An epic saga spanning 100,000 years of history in a world where there are little robots augmented with organics protected by big robots augmented with organics who are trying to defeat a bigger robot who used to be like the big robots but bigger but then turned into a floaty green gas, and they're fighting because the bigger robot who is actually a cloud of gas wants to take the place of their god and after about seven years of the same thing happening it turns out that the little robots and the big robots and the bigger robot who actually has others of his kind and a bunch of other robots are really just maintenance workers in a HUGE robot and the bigger robot takes over the HUGE robot and banishes the god who finds another smaller HUGE robot and proceeds to smack the HUGE robot which is being controlled by the bigger robot into a moon and turns the desert into a paradise and then goes dormant.

Wow, that was quite a mouthful. I didn't even go into specifics. Or include the countless Alternate Universes, Pocket Dimensions, etc.

-Miras 

Kanohi_Poster.gif

#BIONICLEChristmas

Note to all Outsider players: If your character needs healing by Ayar, could you PM me with a detailed list of their injuries please?

BZPRPG Profiles: Kouyran (Scholar), Haarnak, Ayar, Khil'rayu, Kajak

#25 Offline Scanty Demon

Scanty Demon
  • Premier Member
  • Steely Visionary

• 21-April 10
  • 361 posts

Posted Jun 12 2014 - 08:54 AM

"Hey you guys thought you saved Mata Nui well turns out he's in trouble again."

NGX30lD.png

#26 Offline Toa Varova

Toa Varova
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 30-December 07
  • 1,899 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 12 2014 - 11:12 AM

A childhood-changing toy line about six great heroes in their journey to awaken a giant.

Nothing could prepare Sybre for the final battle.

Head down to Snax in the comic forum to see the battle that will determine the fate of Sybre.

Out of Snax

See it now. Do it.

Click here to go to Snax!

"If you're really gonna refuse to die... I'll definitely enjoy the next 11 minutes."

-Toa Varova, Out of Snax Part 3

#27 Offline Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 14-April 06
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 12 2014 - 11:59 AM

"A Story about 6 Heroes with amazing powers,and try stop an Evil Warlord for takes over their Universe with searching for Masks,Disks,Stones,ect. And They faced The Villains that their saw,they will be Courage,Honor,ect. Also Crazy Guy riding on the Giant Spider."  

#28 Offline I Am A Walrus

I Am A Walrus
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 09-April 10
  • 5,552 posts

Posted Jun 13 2014 - 11:14 AM

Six heroes who collect stuff to directly or indirectly defeat the evil Makuta while said being sends his minions to try to stop them, with all of the this taking place in a giant robot.

What's up? I'm a Walrus now. B-)

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#29 Offline Zenerius

Zenerius
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 09-December 12
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2014 - 06:23 PM

Giant robot takes a nap, little robots in big robot wake him, bad bro takes big robot body, casts out big robot's spirit, new big robot is build, big robots play Rock em' Sock em' Robots, giant rock falls into big bad robot, everyone is happy.

Robots!

#30 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 20-October 07
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 12:21 AM

A lot of underdeveloped characters and mediocre writing and stupid physics/world ideas somehow merging together into one single awesome story.

GhotiH.png

Add me on Steam: Ghabulous Ghoti ------------------------------- Add me on Nintendo Network/Playstation Network: GhotiH ------------------------------- Add me on 3DS: 1461-6196-0520

Just be sure to tell me that you've added me!

Competitive Smash Bros. player! Message me to discuss strategies or mess around without strategy online!

Yes, you can still play Brawl online!

#31 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 21-March 05
  • 5,240 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 02:12 PM

In a far-spread island archipelago inhabited by biomechanical beings, legends speak of heroes who controls the raw forces of nature, and who will defeat a great evil.

Edited by Katuko, Jun 18 2014 - 02:13 PM.

rahkshi_elite_banner5b.png
Updated November 29th, 2014: Fixed issues with the Mangaia map, added Lava Launcher.
[ What YOU can do to help develop BIONICLE Fighter! ]
Click here for my: Art | BZP Blog | WordPress Blog

#32 Offline Councilor Manducus

Councilor Manducus
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 07-December 09
  • 3,427 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 19 2014 - 07:39 PM

My childhood in a plastic canister.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

#33 Offline Pupwa21

Pupwa21
  • Banned Members
  • Toa

• 17-April 10
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 19 2014 - 08:24 PM

Power Rangers/Super Sentai with elemental powers, decent story, Robots in a Giant robot and Giant robot fights.

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

#34 Offline The Doctor U

The Doctor U
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 26-October 06
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2014 - 12:44 AM

Robots fight robots to sell toys.

Brace yourselves, Klaanon is coming...

#35 Offline SilverCor

SilverCor
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 05-August 12
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2014 - 02:48 AM

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way...

*John Hurt voice* In the time before time, six heroes, masters of the elements, were called upon to awaken the Great Spirit Mata Nui, and to bring about peace to their universe by defeating Makuta, the Master of Shadow.

Or

Planet go BOOM, robot go CRASH, now tiny people fix mess.

Edited by Silverglass, Jun 20 2014 - 02:55 AM.

If you have noticed this notice, you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing.

#36 Offline Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-July 07
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 20 2014 - 09:24 AM

A goofy Lego line gets a dumb, but charming science-fantasy storyline.

Or

Elemental robots fight other robots in an even bigger robot (and later, gladiator robots).

hElbrZ6.gif

#37 Offline Pupwa21

Pupwa21
  • Banned Members
  • Toa

• 17-April 10
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 21 2014 - 12:39 PM

A constraction toyline.
Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

#38 Online Toa Chuck

Toa Chuck
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 19-February 09
  • 281 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 21 2014 - 03:36 PM

An amazing Epic about biomechanical warriors fighting the forces of evil, that ultimately got too complecated for its own good.

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

#39 Offline _Macku_

_Macku_
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 21-June 14
  • 16 posts

Posted Jun 21 2014 - 04:04 PM

Bionicle is the toy line that the greatest toy company ever saved itself with, and by doing so, immersed fans into an story that is revealed over ten years in construction sets, even though the story, which is about little villagers named Matoran that are inside of a giant robot, Mata Nui, and also about Toa, larger beings with elemental powers that always seem to work in teams of six, takes place over only one year.

OR:

An evil being named Makuta versus everybody else.

6EDaWFY.png

#40 Offline Heir of the Chronicler

Heir of the Chronicler
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 13-January 03
  • 2,715 posts

Posted Jun 21 2014 - 05:14 PM

greg why

I was trying to think up something clever, but TGT did better than I ever could.

- Heir

vffsigbanner5.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users