New LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids Trailer

I can't believe TT Fusion are still using this terrible new game format. Ever since LEGO Marvel, we handheld-users have been given the short end of the stick. That's The LEGO Movie, The Hobbit and now Nindroids I'll have missed out on. It's a shame when they got the format so right with Lord of the Rings and Chima: Laval's Journey (which is the best handheld LEGO game to date), as the new format is nothing short of terrible. The time limits are rotten, the fact you have to get all the achievements to continue means you get bored of every level before you're even halfway through Story Mode, you can only have two characters per level in Free play, it's top-down-diagonal (which looks awful), the graphics themselves aren't great, the lack of characters compared to the console versions will be as disappointing as it was for LEGO Marvel, there's no Mos-Eisley-Cantina-style hub between levels (just a loading screen), no character customiser...the list goes on.

Please don't disappoint yourself with this game. It's far inferior even to LEGO Star Wars II, which is just about the glitchiest LEGO game ever.

• Upvote 1

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

I can't believe TT Fusion are still using this terrible new game format. Ever since LEGO Marvel, we handheld-users have been given the short end of the stick. That's The LEGO Movie, The Hobbit and now Nindroids I'll have missed out on. It's a shame when they got the format so right with Lord of the Rings and Chima: Laval's Journey (which is the best handheld LEGO game to date), as the new format is nothing short of terrible. The time limits are rotten, the fact you have to get all the achievements to continue means you get bored of every level before you're even halfway through Story Mode, you can only have two characters per level in Free play, it's top-down-diagonal (which looks awful), the graphics themselves aren't great, the lack of characters compared to the console versions will be as disappointing as it was for LEGO Marvel, there's no Mos-Eisley-Cantina-style hub between levels (just a loading screen), no character customiser...the list goes on.

Please don't disappoint yourself with this game. It's far inferior even to LEGO Star Wars II, which is just about the glitchiest LEGO game ever.

Is Laval's Journey really that good? I passed it up out of disillusionment with the handheld Lego games and because I'm not a huge Chima fan, but if it's really all that great maybe I should pick it up at some point.

I bought the Lego Movie game for 3DS and was so disappointed with the isometric perspective and disconnected levels that I returned it.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Laval's Journey was brilliant. It's the best open-world LEGO game on handheld. The graphics are amazing, the story is a lot of fun, it has some interesting ability sets and the actual design of the world is breathtaking (for a handheld LEGO game).

I wish there was a way of petitioning to get the old layout or something similar back, but I doubt TT would listen.

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg

Laval's Journey was brilliant. It's the best open-world LEGO game on handheld. The graphics are amazing, the story is a lot of fun, it has some interesting ability sets and the actual design of the world is breathtaking (for a handheld LEGO game).

I wish there was a way of petitioning to get the old layout or something similar back, but I doubt TT would listen.

Out of curiosity, have you played Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins for 3DS? How does that stack up? Most reviews I'd seen focused on the fact that it wasn't as good as the Wii U game, which didn't surprise me; but what I want to know is whether the story and gameplay stand up well on their own, and if I intend to play both games, which is better to play first (since I know the 3DS game is sort of a "prequel").

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I want to play it, but haven't as yet. I'm getting a PS3 from my cousin at the end of the month (for free) and so the next few games I buy will be for that, namely the Uncharteds, a few Ratchet and Clanks, and LEGO Marvel. But I did a quick bit of research and Undercover appears to be very good on the 3DS as well. Still, I can't offer any more than that, mate. Sorry.

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg