topicpic.png

^Click for Flickr gallery^

Yeah. I was inspired pretty literally by the contest name to build my own robot based on the EVA units from Evangelion. I was also inspired on that front by Deevee and Kakaru, whose Gundam mechs inspired me to make a robot based on a general franchise while still being my own design. I tried to capture the main aesthetis of the EVAs (the hunched shoulders, the exaggerated face/chin, the tile shoulder pylons) with my own touches. It may not seem like much, but this is actually, I would say, one of my best MOCs to date.

I'm sorry my photos suck, though I would say this time they suck less than they usually do so I hope you can get a pretty good impression of how it looks.

(Somewhere in here I'll make an MOC with a color scheme that isn't black and grey with red highlights :P)

Edited by Octodad
  • Upvote 1

Yooooo

Okay so check it, this is the best Micromanager you've made so far. LOVE the gear placement. Definitely paid off compared to where it used to be. Legs look fiiine. I'm not sure if you changed them from last time or if it's just the improved photography, but they look to be in proper proportion to the source inspiration. The head is killin' it.

My only gripe with it right now is the dull and uninteresting back. It's acceptable for the standards of let's say... A lego set, but I'm starting to think your skills are reaching beyond that.

Love your work as always, and hope to see more from you in the future!

• Upvote 3

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert