• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

SCM-541: The White Viper

BBCC 68 mech stormer Bionicle MOC

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Online Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,227 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 12 2014 - 09:34 PM

My entry for BBC Contest 68. SCM stands for Stormer Combat Machine.

Main image:

thing.jpg

Back:

14222941297_8205541985_z.jpg

(Click either of the images above to view the gallery on flickr.)

Comments and criticism appreciated.

Edited by The Swimming Beard, Jun 21 2014 - 07:00 PM.

Posted Image

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#2 Online Vezok's Friend

Vezok's Friend
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Visorak Horde Infiltrating

• 10,199 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 13 2014 - 06:42 AM

Now that is an epic design. Very very well done. I especially like the colour-balance between the blue and white and the upper torso around the cockpit. I can see this going into the finals easily =) Good luck in the contest!

smaugbanner.jpg

#3 Offline Gathered Friends

Gathered Friends
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 13 2014 - 06:44 AM

Well this is beautiful. Simple colour scheme, complex and streamlined. The medium blue joint on the chest feels out of place to me, but overally, this Mech looks strong enough to take down any Kaiju... I mean, beasts? B-)

2014-09-19_announcement_1.jpg

"Gathered friends, listen again to our Legend of the BIONICLE."

#4 Offline Waaja

Waaja
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 282 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 14 2014 - 04:50 AM

I came here from your Rotan post, and after seeing your sig, I knew I must come here XD

Why take away the Cordak missles? Leave them in there; they'd not only fit in with the red from the Cordak's back, but it'd look more 'Heavy-Arms' (gundam wing fans, out there!!)

If Stormer 'built' this in IFB, I think he'd need no other heroes to help him, LOL Then again, the feet (as with Rotan's feet); but I guess it is your building style/ preference?

Please do visit:

14903912463_b5945c5bac.jpg
Font by: KC Fonts

#5 Online Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,227 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 14 2014 - 08:40 AM

Now that is an epic design. Very very well done. I especially like the colour-balance between the blue and white and the upper torso around the cockpit. I can see this going into the finals easily =) Good luck in the contest!

Thanks. :)

Well this is beautiful. Simple colour scheme, complex and streamlined. The medium blue joint on the chest feels out of place to me, but overally, this Mech looks strong enough to take down any Kaiju... I mean, beasts? B-)

There are actually more azure joints spread throughout the model, they are just hard to see due to the armor. Anyway, thanks.

I came here from your Rotan post, and after seeing your sig, I knew I must come here XD

Why take away the Cordak missles? Leave them in there; they'd not only fit in with the red from the Cordak's back, but it'd look more 'Heavy-Arms' (gundam wing fans, out there!!)

If Stormer 'built' this in IFB, I think he'd need no other heroes to help him, LOL Then again, the feet (as with Rotan's feet); but I guess it is your building style/ preference?

I might have left the Cordak missles, but I only had 9, not enough to fill 2 blasters. I think the feet look okay, but as you say, that may just be my building style. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Posted Image

Winner of BBCC 68!

#6 Offline Collector1

Collector1
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 279 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 14 2014 - 09:42 PM

This just stunning. That's perhaps one of the best HF Mech MOCs I've ever seen. I hope this wins the contest.

#7 Offline guru gelu

guru gelu
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 43 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2014 - 05:27 PM

Did someone say Heavyarms? I was considering doing a Gundam or something, but after seeing this, I now am happy I decided to just maybe make one as a MoC, and not a contest entry.

Hm, I guess I could do a Heavyarms rather than Deathscythe... I do have an idea on how to make his gun now, after all... Thanks!

My Brickshelf
Current collection:
2001:
Onua, Pohatu
2002:Tahnok, Kopaka Nuva, Gali Nuva, Lewa Nuva
2003:Panrahk
2004:Bordakh (X2)

2005:Oohnorak
2006:(None)
2007:Dekar, Defilak, Takadox
2008:Gorast, Antroz
2009:Tarduk, Skrall, Tarix, Malum, Mata Nui, Vastus, Stronius, Tuma, Fero and Skirmix
2010:Tahu
And random pieces I bought off Bricklink.
Throwbot/Slizer collection:
1999:Torch/Fire, Scuba/Sub, Ski/Ice, Turbo/City, Amazon/Jungle, Granite/Rock, Electro/Energy, Jet/Judge
2000:Blaster, Millennium/Millennia, Flare, Spark

I also have Jimi Stinger from Breakout.

#8 Offline Waaja

Waaja
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 282 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2014 - 10:33 PM

Did someone say Heavyarms? I was considering doing a Gundam or something, but after seeing this, I now am happy I decided to just maybe make one as a MoC, and not a contest entry.

Hm, I guess I could do a Heavyarms rather than Deathscythe... I do have an idea on how to make his gun now, after all... Thanks!

Here's a suggestion: Full Armour Unicorn Gundam!  : D

Please do visit:

14903912463_b5945c5bac.jpg
Font by: KC Fonts

#9 Offline guru gelu

guru gelu
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 43 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 01:29 PM

Here's a suggestion: Full Armour Unicorn Gundam!  : D

I think I may have to save that for someone with more skill and way more white parts, like The Swimming Beard here. Mine are rather lacking. That's why XXXG-01D would be good, because it's mostly black and dark grey.

Edited by kopaka's kool kompanion, Jun 18 2014 - 05:25 PM.

My Brickshelf
Current collection:
2001:
Onua, Pohatu

2009:Tarduk, Skrall, Tarix, Malum, Mata Nui, Vastus, Stronius, Tuma, Fero and Skirmix
1999:Torch/Fire, Scuba/Sub, Ski/Ice, Turbo/City, Amazon/Jungle, Granite/Rock, Electro/Energy, Jet/Judge

#10 Offline Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,829 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 18 2014 - 04:56 PM

WOW. That's fantastic. The color scheme, the way everything just flows together without looking odd or forced, some of this parts usage... wow. I'm amazed.

GG 12/10. My favorite section would probably be the legs.

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

#11 Offline Makuta Miras

Makuta Miras
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 303 posts

Posted Jun 23 2014 - 12:28 PM

Well, I know who I'm voting for. I love everything about this, especially the guns. 

Personally, I prefer them without the missiles; the red wouldn't fit with the colour scheme. The red really stands out on the back, and not in a good way.

Overall, the best one in the contest so far, in my opinion. Keep up the great work!

What's a Kaiju?

Edited by Makuta Miras, Jun 23 2014 - 01:41 PM.

BIONICLE 2015 CONFIRMED!

If you're willing to sell an Ignika from a Toa Mata Nui set, PM me! Now! Straight away! Drop everything and PM me! Or just look at my topic in Buy/Sell/Trade! I'd appreciate some help in finding one as well! 

chimoru2015spinnie.gif

I'm looking for lots of Kanohi! And some sets! If you're in the UK or Europe, visit my Buy/Sell/Trade topic and see if you have something I want! Link to B/S/T topic: 

http://www.bzpower.c...f-a-few-things/

I'm helping recruit players for a BZPRPG version of the Dark Hunters! PM me or Requiem if you want in!

BZPRPG profiles: 

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=726674

#12 Offline guru gelu

guru gelu
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 43 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2014 - 01:33 PM

What's a Kaiju?

A Kaiju is literally, from Japanese, "Strange Beast".

Edited by kopaka's kool kompanion, Jun 23 2014 - 01:36 PM.

My Brickshelf
Current collection:
2001:
Onua, Pohatu

#13 Offline Makuta Miras

Makuta Miras
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 303 posts

Posted Jun 23 2014 - 01:37 PM

What's a Kaiju?

A Kaiju is literally, from Japanese, "Strange Beast".

Oh. Thanks!

BIONICLE 2015 CONFIRMED!

If you're willing to sell an Ignika from a Toa Mata Nui set, PM me! Now! Straight away! Drop everything and PM me! Or just look at my topic in Buy/Sell/Trade! I'd appreciate some help in finding one as well! 

chimoru2015spinnie.gif

I'm looking for lots of Kanohi! And some sets! If you're in the UK or Europe, visit my Buy/Sell/Trade topic and see if you have something I want! Link to B/S/T topic: 

http://www.bzpower.c...f-a-few-things/

I'm helping recruit players for a BZPRPG version of the Dark Hunters! PM me or Requiem if you want in!

BZPRPG profiles: 

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=726674

#14 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,411 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 24 2014 - 11:15 PM

First of all, congrats for actually making an entry with a VISIBLY pilot-able design. 

I love the shape and theming of this. Most MOCs this size and weight are messy and unappealing when you get to the nitty gritty. But you've actually given it some really good accenting and colour blocking. Though with that in mind, the ONE hf light blue limb looks out of place considering it's the only part that looks like that (as all other pieces less a few joints contributing to that colour wheel are transparent), and I can't help but feel like a few more "strapped" limbs elsewhere would have helped to balance that out.

And since you have gone almost entirely the technic purist way, the studded circle flats on the inside of the knee joint REALLY stand out without balance anywhere else on the MOC. You would have been better either putting a few more details like that elsewhere or ditching it entirely for either a cam or a bushing. 

Also I just want to say your MOC has the best back EASILY out of the whole contest. Very interesting, cohesive and well fleshed-out.

Wait, that didn't really happen

Sorry, let me get rebooted

This is where the plot gets a little convoluted

~Bionicle, 2015

#15 Online Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,227 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2014 - 09:59 PM

This just stunning. That's perhaps one of the best HF Mech MOCs I've ever seen. I hope this wins the contest.

WOW. That's fantastic. The color scheme, the way everything just flows together without looking odd or forced, some of this parts usage... wow. I'm amazed.

GG 12/10. My favorite section would probably be the legs.

-Mesonak

Well, I know who I'm voting for. I love everything about this, especially the guns. 

Personally, I prefer them without the missiles; the red wouldn't fit with the colour scheme. The red really stands out on the back, and not in a good way.

Overall, the best one in the contest so far, in my opinion. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, all. :)

First of all, congrats for actually making an entry with a VISIBLY pilot-able design. 

I love the shape and theming of this. Most MOCs this size and weight are messy and unappealing when you get to the nitty gritty. But you've actually given it some really good accenting and colour blocking. Though with that in mind, the ONE hf light blue limb looks out of place considering it's the only part that looks like that (as all other pieces less a few joints contributing to that colour wheel are transparent), and I can't help but feel like a few more "strapped" limbs elsewhere would have helped to balance that out.

And since you have gone almost entirely the technic purist way, the studded circle flats on the inside of the knee joint REALLY stand out without balance anywhere else on the MOC. You would have been better either putting a few more details like that elsewhere or ditching it entirely for either a cam or a bushing. 

Also I just want to say your MOC has the best back EASILY out of the whole contest. Very interesting, cohesive and well fleshed-out.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a long, detailed post. Anyway, I'm glad you like the MOC. I suppose the Azure limb does stand out. I originally wanted it to be trans-blue, but after I saw that I wouldn't be able to get my hand on Chima sets, I had to settle for azure. Perhaps I should have used another armor piece in its place. As for the studded circle flats, I really don't know what I could have used in their place; I wanted to keep the legs at least 4-wide in that area, and I have no gears that could do the job. A bushing would leave the knee area too narrow. :notsure: Anyway, thanks for the feedback. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This MOC was voted as a finalist in BBCC 68, and will appear at Brickfair Virginia. Thanks to everyone who voted for it! :D

Posted Image

Winner of BBCC 68!

#16 Offline TL01 NUVA

TL01 NUVA
  • Members
  • Toa

• 152 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2014 - 10:23 AM

Let's cut to the chase: How long 'till you can build me a working one of these? I gats sum scores to settle!

But honestly, you should be proud of this one. It's sleek, stylish, and professionally executed. Well done!

Incidentally, did you leave the Cordak blasters empty because of the clash between the red ammunition and the rest of the mech, or is there a different reason? I'm just being a curious MOCer right now.

Edited by TL01 NUVA, Jul 26 2014 - 10:25 AM.

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAACK!

(Now in slightly less embarrassing non-manga form! :thumbsup: )

Credit to CaitieBerry on DeviantArt for the avatar.

#17 Online Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,227 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2014 - 05:53 PM

Let's cut to the chase: How long 'till you can build me a working one of these? I gats sum scores to settle!

But honestly, you should be proud of this one. It's sleek, stylish, and professionally executed. Well done!

Incidentally, did you leave the Cordak blasters empty because of the clash between the red ammunition and the rest of the mech, or is there a different reason? I'm just being a curious MOCer right now.

The Cordak ammunition was left out mainly due to the red color. I thought the red on the back was bad enough, and didn't want to put such a clashing color on the front as well. Anyway, thanks!

Posted Image

Winner of BBCC 68!

#18 Offline Element Lord of Milk

Element Lord of Milk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,951 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 01 2014 - 04:07 AM

That is simply beautiful. If it were a set I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
titanfall.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users