Bioformers: Rising Storms

Khromatose

6800f200d6b800b63c1fae30c74f43de-d7mafxu

Authored by Me, ArcticFreeze17

Co-Authored by my brother, PhoenixFireBlaze

Here it is guys. The sequel (somewhat) to Arctic's Comics which takes place a few years after the Finale of Arctic Comics. I've been working on this for a while. I am also going to be using sprited version of Dr. ScorpionX Bioformer MOCs. I have permission to use them, BTW.

BE SURE TO READ ARCTIC'S COMICS (Link in my sig) TO UNDERSTAND THE PERSONALITY OF ARCTIC

Here is a quick summary if you don't want to read the prequel.

Arctic is a Matoran who makes a comic series in the SMAU (Spherus Magna Alternate Universe). He accidentally hires Darthon, a villain who gets defeated and fails to reappear for the rest of the series. However, he does plan on exacting his revenge. He eventually gets stuck in his computer and is killed by Virus.

Afterwards, he ends up in the Underworld, where he learns that Hades likes his work. He is revived with memories of a hidden past restored. Many years ago, he had sealed Makuta Teridax, who had possessed his twin brother, Frost, away to spare the world from his wrath. Over the years, Teridax-Frost had freed himself and created a clone army of Skrall.

Arctic goes to find his father, Mata Nui. (UNTOLD IN ARCTIC'S COMICS: Mata Nui came from the original universe with three prototype Marendar. He gave him a soul each on, naming the eldest/first one, Arctic. MN let Arctic choose his own destiny. Arctic eventually had to fight one of his triplet brothers, Frost.) Since, Mata Nui was currently Megaman during the time of peace, he challenged Arctic with 8 Robot Master of his own design.

Afterwards, using his weapons and the ability to use Megaman powers (given to him by Mata Nui) he challenges Teridax-Frost who had killed Blaze, a friend of Arctic. Teridax also kills Frost by leaving his body for the original Marendar from the original universe. As Arctic is getting beaten, Frost and Blaze converse in the Underworld, combining their souls to create Inferno. It is also revealed that Teridax had imprisoned and sealed the third brother away, which the two quickly found and freed. Together they formed the Legendary Kaita Griffon to defeat Teridax-Marendar.

Below is a short history of that few years.

After the battle, he and his friends moved on their separate paths once more. Arctic founded Neo Mata Nui, a city with advanced technology. He later decided to dive deeper into the Bionicle anatomy. With a group of ten other scientists, he discovered a way, with the help of one of the scientists, to create transforming Toa using what he called a Transform Engine. Testing was a success, and the results were known as Bioformers. Phoenix, his brother found a way for Bioformers to use the powers of animals/rahi, and created the Beast Engine. When Phoenix had left on a journey to meditate to control the darkness within, Arctic was left alone with the nine other scientists. Eight of the scientists, who had invented things of their own, felt that they didn't get enough praise from the legend or from the public. They wanted more. They got what they wished for when a Arctic tested out a dimensional portal. Unbeknownst to anyone, a virus came out from the portal and manifest itself with the deceased Makuta Teridax from the final battle of Arctic's Comics, who names itself Teridax II. Teridax II infected some of the Bioformers and manipulate the eight scientists into joining him. Together, they managed to brutally destroy Arctic and his lab. Before his death, however, Arcitc gave his first test subjects, including the ninth scientist, who named himself Dr. Scorpion, all the special Transform Engines that he had created. The Transform Engines would be given to honorable people who would fight the new threat, and same the world...again.

The Prologue

2d7ba061e0f04c2b70056fdfd94fd690-d7mequ6

Episode 1: Late Introduction

Episode 2: Brief Briefing

Episode 4: Looking Back

Episode 5: Turning Back

Episode 6: Running Back

Episode 7: Getting Back

Episode 8: Smog Fights Back

Episode 9: Be Reborn

Episode 10: Rematch

Episode 11: Fighting Frenzy

SPECIAL STUFF (Will be in all comic topics):

Extras:

Over the Years:

Sig Pic? Plz Click.

Credits:

People involved in RZMIK

Me and Phoenix for the Hero Factory 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 sprites

Dr.ScorpionX for some of his Bioformers (Linked to his Youtube if you want to see the MOCs that may be in the series)

Edited by ArcticFreeze17
  • Upvote 2

Episode 3: Cut and Run

This title works with so many other comics.

Introduces Smog, a Bioformer of Dr. ScorpionX.

Edit: To those who are reading this. Let be heard that I may plan to revamp and improve Arctic's Comics. If you viewers want so...well...

Just let me know what you think.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Episode 4 is up, which is in need of a better title. If anyone can give a better title, you might earn a PGS position.

Episode 4: Looking Back

My brother will be making the next few comics unless he just wants to do one. Either way, you'll know his work by his mask in the bottom left-hand corner of the comic.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm. This is a little interesting. The comics seem a little brief and abrupt, though.

I did notice that the bad guy transforms into something that very much resembles Soundwave's van mode in WFC and FOC.

Yeah...That's the case for all my comics, but I'm trying to fix that.

BTW, the "bad guy," Smog, actually transforms into what I think is an armored police car as it has a lot of influence from Barricade from Bayformers, according to the Doctor. Take a look at this.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Actually it resembles Soundwave's vehicle mode even more now, LOL. I do see the Barricade influences though. It's just the general shape and the front end that give off the Soundwave look.

But that video was amazing, as is the MOC. Very well done.

I can see how that resembles Soundwave now... and thanks (if you're referring to how the sprite is almost accurate to the actual thing)!

But, just to make sure we're on the same page. Smog does not belong to me. However, I'm planning to post my own series of Bioformers MOC on the MOC forums, though.

...I should also make a character list.

So far a pretty cut to the chase story. Not bad for five comics in. I must say, you got yourself some excellent taste for your Bioformers.

Yep! And thanks!

Meanwhile, I've almost finished the next comic, so can expect it to come up this week.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

And I'm back.

Well, there's a little bit of interesting in this one, because that is one strange thing to tell your partner and I want to see what that results in.

Though I think I'll also give you a tip, since I used to make comics here.

Try adding more character and action. Both. It's still hard to get a sense of the characters right now, and there's been little action. Cool characters, good action, and a solid plot with direction are the keys to a good story.

If you can pull that off the comics will be a lot more interesting. Right now you've got an interesting concept, just needs to be executed well.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

And I'm back.

Well, there's a little bit of interesting in this one, because that is one strange thing to tell your partner and I want to see what that results in.

Though I think I'll also give you a tip, since I used to make comics here.

Try adding more character and action. Both. It's still hard to get a sense of the characters right now, and there's been little action. Cool characters, good action, and a solid plot with direction are the keys to a good story.

If you can pull that off the comics will be a lot more interesting. Right now you've got an interesting concept, just needs to be executed well.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your insightful input and I respect that, since I have read your comics before finally getting my own comics up here.

But, I had already written out the whole chapter beforehand (and continuing to rewrite as to make it better) and so here are my reactions.

Characters: I agree with what you said, but honestly this chapter is to help set up the main plot for the whole series. The chapter will give us a little insight on what Sub-Z and Vena will be like for the whole story.

If you're wondering why I didn't mention Slize or Smog. Well...I'll leave that to the comics.

Plot: I also agree with that. But since I had already planned the chapter beforehand (along with Chapter 2), the action is coming soon.

But thanks again for your input. It will not go unnoticed.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can see that Smog won, but...it was hard to tell exactly what was going on.

I guess I can see that...I need to do better on explain something like this next time.

So I'll explain it.

Smog may be incompetent about studying his opponents, but he is very observant during battle.

He sees that Sub-Z returns to help Slize.

Sub-Z believe that Smog and Slize are distracted. So he prepares to shoot Smog.

Smog shoots him first, distracting Slize.

Thus, he can finally kill Slize.

Slize cannot see if he truly had one of the Engines, so he believe that Vena has both.

So yeah...sorry.

I already have another comic in the works. I'll be sure to make sure that everything is clear.

Well, something's going on now.

But it probably would have worked better if we found out something about this legendary hero beforehand. That way it seems more important.

Well if you've read Arctic's Comics you'd probably know about him. I'll be sure to put that on the main post.

He is also mentioned (a lot) in the prologue and backstory.

I've also added a mini summary for Arctic's Comics.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

• 3 weeks later...

Well, that is a nice jet mode. There was a typo, though. You said "can" instead of "can't".

I have noticed a trend of things building up to cliffhangers, which then get underwhelming and excessively brief resolutions, then more buildup for another cliffhanger that gets the same resolution.

You need to put huge struggles on an epic scale that last multiple comics to resolve cliffhangers like that, otherwise they just leave the reader feeling deflated and bored.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Well, that is a nice jet mode. There was a typo, though. You said "can" instead of "can't".

I have noticed a trend of things building up to cliffhangers, which then get underwhelming and excessively brief resolutions, then more buildup for another cliffhanger that gets the same resolution.

You need to put huge struggles on an epic scale that last multiple comics to resolve cliffhangers like that, otherwise they just leave the reader feeling deflated and bored.

Advice duly noted. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I just read that, and I am happy to say that was excellent improvement. Much more dynamic, and things actually did get somewhere. The cliffhanger was well done this time, since it points to the continuation of a larger scene, rather than scene change after scene change.

The effects are impressive for a Paint comic too. They show a new degree of effort that the previous comics lacked.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Ok, I just read that, and I am happy to say that was excellent improvement. Much more dynamic, and things actually did get somewhere. The cliffhanger was well done this time, since it points to the continuation of a larger scene, rather than scene change after scene change.

The effects are impressive for a Paint comic too. They show a new degree of effort that the previous comics lacked.

Thanks! I learn and improve very fast. In both artistic and academic studies.

I try my best to put in a lot of effort into making comics.

• 1 month later...

Ok. A little IRL update.

So I realized that I kinda started the series a bit prematurely so I have a lot of sprites to make for all the characters of the first season. And with school...I have a lot of things on my hands. I hopefully will be able to get the rest of sprites done by December, or even January the next year.

But once I get this specific character done, I could bring the next comic in 2-3 weeks.

• 1 month later...

Hey, guys. I just want to share some of my Comic News. This post will also be put on my other comic posts.

First regards to the status BF:RS and BiM, my current serieses. Now I know that many people (mostly people like TNG and...that's about all of those that actually view the BioFormer series from time to time) read the 11 comics I have there, but I decided to put it on haitus. It will come back but BiM has the most priority as it's almost done with season 1. When I have the time I will bring BioFormers back but in the Epics section as it's much each to backtrack and explain stuff (in my opinion) through words.

So the question is what's my next comic series? Well, I'll tell you this. It's not going to be the things I have shown to you on my birthday, I have something awesome (and it now feels like it after being a part of Corpus Rahkshi) in store.

So I ask for this topic to be locked.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17