A theory about Midak.

I heard someone mention this in a YouTube comment and it really caught my attention.

Basically, I think Midak is an Av Matoran. I know it was never confirmed or even mentioned but hear me out.

Midak was different from the other Onu Matoran, he didn't like the dark caves of Onu Koro, and preferred being out in the light.

Another coincidence, the Midak SkyBlaster (Which fires balls of light) was named after this very Matoran. Perhaps he, like Takua, lost his memory when he was placed in the Matoran pod.

Edited by Toa Keltan
  • Upvote 1

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

It is confirmed that Takua was the only Av-Matoran on Metru-Nui. The Midak Skyblaster was not named by Artakha, but by Pohatu and Lewa, who would not know whether it was a disguise or not.

That being said, many matoran destined to become toa exibit traits unusual for matoran of their respective element...

• Upvote 1

It is confirmed that Takua was the only Av-Matoran on Metru-Nui. The Midak Skyblaster was not named by Artakha, but by Pohatu and Lewa, who would not know whether it was a disguise or not.

That being said, many matoran destined to become toa exibit traits unusual for matoran of their respective element...

How? The Inika matoran were pretty straightforward to their elements, if you ask me. Same goes for the Turaga when they were still matoran. Takua wasn't very much out of his element either.

banner1.png

How? The Inika matoran were pretty straightforward to their elements, if you ask me. Same goes for the Turaga when they were still matoran. Takua wasn't very much out of his element either.

It came from BS01... I think it was based off of Toa Krakua (De-Matoran who hums) and the fact that Kapura becomes a toa in The Kingdom.

Their is probably an old Greg quote for this.

Basically, Keltan, your theory is one that makes sense and has seen some support from people around here in the past (to the best of my memory), but has been officially confirmed to not be the case. Same applies to Tamaru, Kapura, etc.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good theory but I don't know if I agree or disagree. Midak could have been an Po-Matoran instead of a Av-Matoran because Po-Matoran do have the color of Black. Now with the Midak SkyBlaster, it gotten its name from Pohatu and Lewa but mostly Pohatu because the weapon reminded him of Midak and named it  the Midak SkyBlaster in honor of him.

But we don't know, he could be a Av-Matoran, Po-Matoran or just a Onu-Matoran.

• Upvote 2

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

This is a good theory but I don't know if I agree or disagree. Midak could have been an Po-Matoran instead of a Av-Matoran because Po-Matoran do have the color of Black. Now with the Midak SkyBlaster, it gotten its name from Pohatu and Lewa but mostly Pohatu because the weapon reminded him of Midak and named it  the Midak SkyBlaster in honor of him.

But we don't know, he could be a Av-Matoran, Po-Matoran or just a Onu-Matoran.

I agree on the theory that he might be a Po-Matoran. 

9. And finaly is it possible that their are other Av-Matoran other than Takua in Metru Nui?

9) No. The Order did not seed more than one Av-Matoran in a location. The point was for them to be spread out.

Why would he be a Po-Matoran? He appeared in MNOG, clearly looking like a Onu-Matoran...

Hi. Just one suggestion today.

Now I know you don’t like matching up MNOLG characters, but I thought this was actually a really good idea: In the game, as you walk towards Onu-Koro, there’s a small hut with an Onu-Matoran who tends to the ussal crabs. He lives out there in Po-Wahi, one of the brightest areas in Mata Nui.

I was thinking that he might be Midak. He referred to the dark as "awful" at one point in his conversation with Takua and we know for a fact that Midak lived above ground. We also know that Midak befriended Pohatu, and the character in MNOLG did live in Po-Wahi...

So what do you think? I remember you canonized my idea about the Rahi Hordika on the Kumu Islets, which was a bigger stretch, anyways... Besides, I’d hate to let an interesting-sounding character like Midak go too undeveloped.

1) I sent an answer on this a while ago - I said it was okay.

I agree on the theory that he might be a Po-Matoran.

How about we just let Onu-Matoran have personality variety? I like that he seems like an Av-Matoran but he really is Onu. I'm glad they kept it that way. Once, with Takua, is fine, but it should be used very sparingly.

• Upvote 5

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Ya he could just be a normal Onu-Matoran but he maybe a Matoran that wish he was a Av-Matoran or Po-Matoan, so he live outside in the light because...        he maybe going to think that he is a Av or Po-matoran.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

No doubt a lot of people have theorised the possibility that Midak could be an Av-Matoran because of his unusual interests.

However, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe he could be destined to become a Toa. An unusual personality is always a first sign of such a destiny.

• Upvote 4

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

That sound like a good idea, Midak destined to become a Toa is something I could see happening. We could see if he is a Av, Po or Onu- Matoran but again he may just be a Onu-Matoran wishing that he could be a Av-Matoran and when he become a Toa he'll just have a Onu Toa Power.

Voya Nui is pretty clear evidence that Matoran can have unusual personalities for their element. Dalu is easily angered, Kazi is extroverted and impatient, Balta is timid and shy, Piruk is quiet and introverted, and Garan is a natural leader. Doesn't mean they're all secretly different elements from what they appear to be.

• Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

That's possible, but even there, I personally find it better if his unusual personality trait doesn't need explaining. People can be unusual just to be unusual. :shrugs: (And sometimes it's not so great if all the most interesting Matoran become Toa.)

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Indeed, I want to see the one Matoran with the greatest name in the world as a Toa so we can discover his personalities. This Matoran I speak of is the one and only JAA (JAA JAA JAA JAA JAA JAA JAA, I love that name =P )

Also ya it would be better if Midak stay as a Matoran.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

Voya Nui is pretty clear evidence that Matoran can have unusual personalities for their element. Dalu is easily angered, Kazi is extroverted and impatient, Balta is timid and shy, Piruk is quiet and introverted, and Garan is a natural leader. Doesn't mean they're all secretly different elements from what they appear to be.

I just want to point out that, according to one of the BIONICLE Legends books, Dalu fit the normal Ga-Matoran archetype until she was sent to Karzahni and later Voya Nui, where she adapted as a necessity. This idea could be applied to all the Matoran of Voya Nui, where, furthermore, all the Matoran lived in one village, instead of six elementally-segregated ones.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Interesting... but it still doesn't fit perfectly, since the Matoran don't all just have the same new personality. I think you're referring to the quote that goes something like, "I'm sure where you're from, Ga-Matoran are kind and don't raise their voices. They were like that where I'm from, too. But this is Voya Nui." 

The first thing I realized typing this is that Voya Nuinans do have some memories from before they went to Karzahni, which surprised me. Now, it's clear that Dalu is defending her attitude. But the other Voya Nuinans clearly don't have the same attitude. Also, we've seen that Dalu often has trouble controlling her attitude. To me it seems more likely that she was always predisposed to that kind of personality, but used to have to work hard to hide it.

• Upvote 2

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I want to point out that Midak is confirmed to have weak eyesight in bright light in Shadows in the Sky.  So he is either faking that (and why would he?), he's an Onu-Matoran, or a very weird Av-Matoran.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.